Packers vs Seattle Week 2

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for this informative thread of postings. Sounds like a lot of what I am thinking too. I just hope that the score I have seen up here in this thread is just a tiny bit off. I have seen 24-21....I just hope the hawks have the ball last and not like what was shown last weekend. I debated the winner, but on my board went with the Hawks. I hope I am right. Hope it is a great game and no injuries. Go Hawks.

Give the ball to the Seahawks last, the Packers intercept in the end zone and the officials get the call right this time.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for this informative thread of postings. Sounds like a lot of what I am thinking too. I just hope that the score I have seen up here in this thread is just a tiny bit off. I have seen 24-21....I just hope the hawks have the ball last and not like what was shown last weekend. I debated the winner, but on my board went with the Hawks. I hope I am right. Hope it is a great game and no injuries. Go Hawks.
I don't think the Seahawks will win this game in lambeau. The Packers are pumped and have high expectations for this season. The Seahawks are coming off of a devastating loss in the Super Bowl, Contract issues with Wilson and Chancellor, Their O'line is suspect and the play calling hasn't been the best.

Will it be a high scoring game? Probably not.
Will both defenses control the game? Probably not.
Will both teams stick to the running game? Probably not
Will turnovers be the difference in this game? Probably not
Will the team with the best Quarterback win this game.. = YES!!
Rodgers #1 !! Go Pack Go!!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hawks definitely have some issues to iron out. The Packers may be catching them at the best possible time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wold normally agree with you. With an offensive line that might be the worst in the NFL and 3 major players out of there secondary from a year ago there not scary at all when you consider were getting them at Lambeau. If you look back over the last few years the Seahawks aren't as good on the road.

Nobody is talking about Jeremy Lane not playing. If you go back and watch the Super Bowl you will see that when Lane went down NE had there way in the slot with Edelman. IMO Jeremy Lane is there best pure "cover guy" on there roster and an unsung hero who plays a pivotal role in there nickel that allows everyone else to do what they do on the back end. I expect Cobb to completely destroy rookie "Tye Smith" in the slot and have his way "all night long." I also don't think Cary Williams can handle Devante. Then you throw in Dion Bailey playing safety and I think it's gonna be a long night for Seattle's D.

There only chance as I have posted in earlier posts is to "clock hog" with Lynch. Sure, they have Jimmie Graham but you can have all the shinny toys in the world but if you can't block it doesn't matter. I don't think they have the O-line to pull it off.

There not even the best team in the west anymore IMO. Not unless Foles and Palmer go down. Russell Wilson isn't a "high volume" passer. I am more scared of the Rams as they have a D-line that can get to Rodgers possibly with 4 which has been proven can cause our offense to stall.

I will add that the recent injury to Bulaga does concern me a bit in this game.

I gave your post a like not because I agree (I would have agreed if I did) but because I like your justification of your position (hence the like). Too many people just throw out predictions based on their hearts but you've obviously put a lot of thought into it. It makes it a lot easier to take your predictions for the game seriously. For the record I hope I am wrong and you are right and it turns out to be an easier victory for the Packers than I am expecting.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question for y'all, do you think your defensive back field will go press man or will they go pretty much zone?
DNA...I think you may be right. One of my concerns for your team is if my team's offensive line got it from the rams game. What I mean is if they are gonna gel as a line should. I am guessing another 2 weeks for this particular setup.
Our defensive backfield has a bit to work on to fix as well. Dangit.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question for y'all, do you think your defensive back field will go press man or will they go pretty much zone?
DNA...I think you may be right. One of my concerns for your team is if my team's offensive line got it from the rams game. What I mean is if they are gonna gel as a line should. I am guessing another 2 weeks for this particular setup.
As far as Zone or press coverage.. I don't know the answer.

But you can be sure that Dom Capers will have a good gameplan. The defense did a dam good job in the NFCCG. I would expect a similar gameplan

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I just have this feeling the Bulaga injury will glare its ugly head in this game. Whether it will effect the final outcome I don't know.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Seahawks are coming off of a devastating loss in the Super Bowl, Contract issues with Wilson and Chancellor.

Wilson signed a contract extension nearly two months ago, I don't think that's an issue for the Seahawks. There's no doubt they're missing Chancellor though.

I gave your post a like not because I agree (I would have agreed if I did) but because I like your justification of your position (hence the like). Too many people just throw out predictions based on their hearts but you've obviously put a lot of thought into it. It makes it a lot easier to take your predictions for the game seriously. For the record I hope I am wrong and you are right and it turns out to be an easier victory for the Packers than I am expecting.

Taking a look back at last year's offseason or the week before the NFCCG it's close to impossible to take any of brandon's predictions about the Seahawks imminent demise seriously.

I expect the Packers corners to mostly play press man coverage vs. the Seahawks with Clinton-Dix being the single high safety most of the time as the top priority will be to stop Lynch.

IMO the most intriguing question is how the defense will try to cover Graham.

The Seahawks offensive line was a complete messvs. the Rams and honestly I would be shocked if they would be able to get their act together within a week.

IowaDean

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot more mistakes than just the Bostick grab, but some "fans" chose to jump on him as the scapegoat. It was made even worse by his "just a business trip" comment on Twitter a few days before.

I really feel bad for him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There were a lot more mistakes than just the Bostick grab, but some "fans" chose to jump on him as the scapegoat. It was made even worse by his "just a business trip" comment on Twitter a few days before.

I`m not saying I wasn`t gutted by the loss, but to issue death threats was definitely lacking any class !!! I think Ross got it to a lesser degree.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Thank You and ultimately a win is all I care about. I just think we finally get these guys. I've been to two of the last three loses and it's time for the "tide to turn."

GO Pack GO!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I see a lot of "man to man" outside with Dix single high as Captain pointed out.

Divot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know our ILB can't cover anyone in the middle of the field (why they can't figure out to drop and find a receiver I will never know...it is high school football 101). I hope we can keep Wilson in the pocket and get our hands up to knock down a ball or two.

D

Deleted member 6794

We all know our ILB can't cover anyone in the middle of the field (why they can't figure out to drop and find a receiver I will never know...it is high school football 101).

I think Matthews did quite a good job intercepting Cutler's throw to Bennett last week. In addition Palmer looked better than Barrington in coverage.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taking a look back at last year's offseason or the week before the NFCCG it's close to impossible to take any of brandon's predictions about the Seahawks imminent demise seriously.

I'm not necessarily saying the predictions are good ones or I agree with them just that he has put some thought into it and has explained his reasons even if his reasons are not as sound as you would like them to be. Its better than "They suck we will win" type predictions which are all too common.

I'll be honest and say I don't analyze it that much. I base my prediction of a tough Packer win on the fact that I don't think there was much, if anything, separating the two teams to begin with and I think the Packers have suffered fewer setbacks as a whole than the Seahawks and its at home. I usually don't do predictions but since I got involved I'll say 27-24 Green Bay

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Curious about the quotes around fans. Are we not allowed to dump on someone for a bad play? Is the problem that he's THE scapegoat instead of A scapegoat? Just wondering.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Curious about the quotes around fans. Are we not allowed to dump on someone for a bad play? Is the problem that he's THE scapegoat instead of A scapegoat? Just wondering.

Personally I`d say yes to your question. On that day, several players were guilty of stepping off the gas. Nobody got so much intense hatred. JMHO

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts