Packers vs Seattle Week 2

doalke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't ready to tar and feather Capers before but not ready to hand him the key to the city after tonight... let's see how the season develops. The adjustments tonight worked well, have another tough one next week.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't ready to tar and feather Capers before but not ready to hand him the key to the city after tonight... let's see how the season develops. The adjustments tonight worked well, have another tough one next week.

Look, it's always pick your poison between Russell and Lynch, rarely have defenses just easily taken out both of those guys without giving up big plays during the game. Tough task for anyone.

But the run-stopping naysayers need to admit they were wrong about Lynch just constantly tearing through this defense. He didn't and Capers needs to be credited for that.

doalke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, it's always pick your poison between Russell and Lynch, rarely have defenses just easily taken out both of those guys without giving up big plays during the game. Tough task for anyone.

But the run-stopping naysayers need to admit they were wrong about Lynch just constantly tearing through this defense. He didn't and Capers needs to be credited for that.

Agreed, but I really need to wait to see what Marshawn's mom has to say about why he only averaged 2.7 ypc :)

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Packers game after the woeful Dallas vs Philly game was like eating a fantastic cheesecake for dessert after chewing through the toughest, blandest piece of overcooked beef for my main course.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's something about stuffing Lynch that gives me hope. Unfortunately we weren't able to get Wilson which would've been the icing on the cake.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's something about stuffing Lynch that gives me hope. Unfortunately we weren't able to get Wilson which would've been the icing on the cake.
That's the thing, every defense in this league goes into a game with a plan to limit one aspect and then manage the rest and make changes when needed. a defensive play call, while great for one aspect, has weakness in another. same as offense, 5 WR has it's benefits, it also has a lot of weaknesses. going heavy with an extra lineman as a TE and no WR's just TE's and RBs on the field.

Overall I think this defense did a very good job last night, even though they did leave some plays on the field. a few 3rd and longs where they simply dominated the first 2 plays only to give up 20 on the 3rd. once a game is bad enough, but we seem to do it multiple times. A bad penalty and Ha Ha dropping picks again. Definitely room to get better, so that's good. They never quit playing and the Dline looked like they learned a few things from last week. I've had confidence in this D since last year and assuming health, I think we'll just see them get better as the season goes on.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers once again showed why he is the best QB in the league last night. Seattle rushed only 4 and put all kinds of pressure on Rogers. His ability to buy time combined with his laser throws into 7 man coverage is unequaled in today's game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well done on the win for your team. Both teams had issues that will be sorted out during the season. I have a gut feeling that our 2 teams are the top of the heap in the NFC. Good luck this week and hope to see you all in January. Go Hawks.

There are OTHER teams in the NFC??? :eek:

Members online

Latest posts