Packers vs Seattle Week 2

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope Bevell has a chip on his shoulder with Lynch on Sunday

Careful what you wish for. I would be surprised if Seattle doesn't pound the ball against our defence. If we can get off the field on 3rd down, we'll win the game.

Packers 27
Seahawks 24

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. I would be surprised if Seattle doesn't pound the ball against our defence. If we can get off the field on 3rd down, we'll win the game.

Packers 27
Seahawks 24

I have ZERO confidence we can stop the run....ZERO. Let's hope Wilson throws us a few and we can capitalize with some points. Did I say ZERO confidence we bottle up Lynch? Oh and Wilson is just as much of a threat running than he is throwing which doesn't bode well either. 24 Packers 21 Seahawks

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, PackerfaninCarolina has something to say to the naysayers and doubters of our defense and those that believe what happened in Chicago is some kind of bad omen. Ahem, a little perspective here.

Honestly we didn't play the Bears with a chip on our shoulder, and is it that hard to figure out why? We came off a season of dominating them 38-17 and then 55-14, some pretty big killer numbers there. You beat a team that bad, they go into rebuilding mode, gets a little harder to take them seriously don't you think? Beyond that Mike McCarthy, despite what some may think didn't help this team by saying that they were gonna go kick their you know what. I love MM, but that's not something that he's been known for doing, I know he's gotten a little more edgier since his brother passed away, maybe he's changing some tactics, but I just don't think that was smart. It gave our rivals a little bit of bulletin board material. I fully expect in this game, he's not going to go in overconfident, I think he's going to have this team focused on taking care of business and playing these guys like it's the superbowl.

Also, against the Bears we have always played them with pass defense as a priority over run defense. Given Cutler's interception history against us, the Bears having receivers like Alshon Jeffry and Martellus Bennett, our D has always played them as a pass team with some measure up front to watch out for Forte. Like I've also said, the Bears' o-line improved, maybe not Dallas Cowboy good but still with some attitude in them, good enough to spring some holes and give Cutler one or two extra seconds, and maybe a little surprising for our D. I think the narrative will be different against Seattle.

I fully expect against the Hawks that our D will commit to stopping the run first and do it like we did in the NFC championship game for all of 3 1/2 quarters and force Russell Wilson to win this game throwing the ball.

Here's My Keys To Beating The Hawks

1. Turnovers, I think we're going to generate them again. When our team forces them we gotta score TDs off of them and not settle for FGs in red zone trips. That's priority number 1.

2. We gotta win the battle of special teams. Just as he did against us the NFCCG and like he did attempting that onside kick last week, expect Pete Caroll to go to his bag of tricks in that department again and we gotta be ready. This is definitely a close second in priorities.

3. While I think it has been put to rest finally as to what happened last time, once again we gotta not be afraid to go after Richard Sherman. Sure he might come away with a pick, but he can get beat too. The other good news is Byron Maxwell is not on the other side, so don't be afraid to challenge their corners.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Final score. 30-20 Packers. The Seahawks looked all kinds of bad Sunday. Although I give major credit to then Rams for playing with heart but that's normal for that matchup. Styles make fights and if we can come aggressive like that I see this being just as easy as those bears. I believe devante is going to be special this game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have ZERO confidence we can stop the run....ZERO. Let's hope Wilson throws us a few and we can capitalize with some points. Did I say ZERO confidence we bottle up Lynch? Oh and Wilson is just as much of a threat running than he is throwing which doesn't bode well either. 24 Packers 21 Seahawks

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So, they didn't stop Forte, but they won in spite of that. Rodell says they're not going to stop Lynch, and that Wilson is more of a running threat than Cutler (even though Cutler hurt them, too), but that they'll win in spite of that. Fail to see the Chicken Little factor.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been mentioned.

But we now how a healthy RodgetsRodgers... Last time we did not

I

So, they didn't stop Forte, but they won in spite of that. Rodell says they're not going to stop Lynch, and that Wilson is more of a running threat than Cutler (even though Cutler hurt them, too), but that they'll win in spite of that. Fail to see the Chicken Little factor.

Sorry, but the negativity gets old sometimes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Every day we get closer to Sunday and Cam Chancellor not being on the field for the SeaHags...and I'm loving it!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Also, against the Bears we have always played them with pass defense as a priority over run defense.
I don't know how important playing with a chip on their shoulder is, but I don't think McCarthy's comment had much of anything to do with the game. IMO the two biggest factors were the Bears now have good coaches on both sides of the ball and that led to Cutler playing smarter than he has in the past, in spite of the INT. By lining up early in the play clock and seeing how the D is aligned (like Rodgers does) he was able to change plays at the LOS in reaction to what the Packers were doing. BTW, I don't think the sentence I quoted is true. How many times did you see a safety come up to the LOS? And why do you think Richardson played so much? Both IMO were indications the Packers were playing the run which made sense with the Bears banged up WRs.

The good news vs. Seattle is the Packers actually know them better than the Bears (because of the new coaching staff) and they're playing at home.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly we didn't play the Bears with a chip on our shoulder

I fully expect against the Hawks that our D will commit to stopping the run first and do it like we did in the NFC championship game for all of 3 1/2 quarters and force Russell Wilson to win this game throwing the ball.

Honestly, now, when is the last time they played anybody with a chip on their shoulder? They may have routed some teams, but the 'chip on their shoulder' description, for me, means the other team would just as soon not face the ferocious bunch on the other side, and I haven't seen that in a long time.

I hate going back to the NFCC game, so I don't know when he got them, but I do remember a stat of 157 yards for a well over 6 YPC for Lynch. If that's what happens when our D commits to stopping the run, I'd be a little concerned. If he got a lot of those in the last 1/2 quarter, perhaps your comment makes a little more sense, but they do play a full 60 minutes.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it right now, if our D plays like they did in the NFCCG we win everytime there isn't a small tear in the time space continuum, and the streams don't cross and parallel universes don't converge all on the same day.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget that Seattle lost 2/5 of their starting OLine from a year ago. James Carpenter and Max Unger are both gone. They traded physicality for finesse. They wont be as physical as they were last year. Still good, but they wont be able to exert their will on teams like they used to be able to do.

I

After conversation, I apologise to Rodell for my flippant image earlier.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here’s a snippet from McGinn’s scouting report on the Seahawks OL:
The Seattle Seahawks have not been satisfied or settled in the offensive line since coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider took over in January 2010. Never, however, has the unit created this much concern as the Seahawks prepare for the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night at Lambeau Field. Seattle allowed six sacks, seven hits and 13 hurries in its 34-31 overtime defeat on opening day in St. Louis. With just two players manning the same positions they did in the Super Bowl, the Seahawks have a problem up front. "Against Denver (Aug. 14) they couldn't block anybody," an executive in personnel for an AFC team said. "It was bad, and I don't see how it's gotten any better. "They don't have any players. Trading (Max) Unger, at least they had somebody to solidify the thing. Now they're switching guys week to week. They're just grasping."
And regarding their defense:
"They miss the (expletive) out of him (Chancellor)," the coach said. "He fixed a lot of the things that were wrong. I don't know what he's asking for but right now he deserves every penny he wants." In addition to a makeshift O-line, the Seahawks' secondary will have just two of its five key members from 2014. "I think Green Bay's O-line will be fine against this pass rush," another scout said. "If you give (Aaron) Rodgers time, he will exploit this secondary. This secondary will be their own worst enemy. It will be anything but the Legion of Boom." The two scouts and the two assistants unanimously picked Green Bay. The scores were 34-21, 24-17, 34-28 and 27-21.
:D

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ks-scouting-report-b99577342z1-327816741.html

D

Deleted member 6794

You beat a team that bad, they go into rebuilding mode, gets a little harder to take them seriously don't you think?

I really hope that wasn't the case. Not taking an opponent seriously doesn't work in the NFL and would be a terrible job by the coaching staff.

Also, against the Bears we have always played them with pass defense as a priority over run defense.

The Packers constantly put eight guys in the box vs. the Bears to stop the run, yet weren't able to do so. This doesn't bode well against a better rush offense like the Seahawks.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think you can judge a team based off of 1 week. Yes, Forte rushed for more yards than he should have but I don't think that means Lynch will, too. It also doesn't mean the Seahawks will have a bad year because they lost. A few weeks into this season and we will have a better idea of each team.

With that being said, getting Datone Jones back will help. Hopefully Raji will play well (1st sack in years last week!) and we need to tackle better. On offense, we just have to play our game. Chancellor being out will be huge. Not only is he a great player, but he is a leader. Last year in Seattle we had them beat. I think we can get it done this time at home.

Packers: 24
Seahawks: 21

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The only way the Seahawks are gonna win this game is "clock hog" the ball and pound it down the field. On top of that there gonna need a special teams or defensive score plus two turnovers.

IMO they don't have the offensive line to pull this off. Aaron rarely throws picks at Lambeau and he is 100 percent healthy. Wilson will get forced into having to be a high volume passer which he isn't and they don't have the back end on defense currently in place to stop us.

Lastly, Seattle doesn't have anybody that scary on the outside that wont allow us to play the run.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was in Seattle I would say they might lose, but it's in GB that right there means they have a good chance to Win.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If it was in Seattle I would say they might lose, but it's in GB that right there means they have a good chance to Win.

Good point. The "12th Goon" wont be in attendance and were not playing in a symphony hall. LOL

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datone Jones could provide some pass rush in subpackages but I don't expect him to improve the run defense.

The pass rush will really help. Especially since Rams showed they can get to Wilson. Sacked 6 times. I would be happy matching that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly... Glad at least you got my point. . Some of these guys crack me up smh.

Latest posts