Packers vs Seattle Week 2

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I believe everybody is entitled to have an opinion, but the hatred by some Packer fans took it way too far !! I`m not implying anybody on here did that. Again, just my opinion.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally I`d say yes to your question. On that day, several players were guilty of stepping off the gas. Nobody got so much intense hatred. JMHO
IMO hatred should never be directed at someone for something that happens on a football field (except perhaps non-football related violence). But IMO I think you are downplaying Bostic's role in that loss. IMO he didn't "step off the gas": Instead he did an incredibly stupid thing. Consider the game situation (he's probably been playing football since grade school): Recover the kick and the game is over. Next consider he says they practiced this situation "dozens if not hundreds of times". But it's a big game and a big moment so maybe he just forget. Except he says right before the play as they were lining up, Andrew Quarless who was right next to him says (again according to Bostic) “I got this guy, you got this guy,” he said. “You know your assignment?” And Bostic replies, "'Yeah,' I said. “I got this.” I was supposed to block for Jordy Nelson, who was right behind me." Again, hatred or threatening violence is wrong, but Bostic did more than just taking his foot off the gas.

I

IMO hatred should never be directed at someone for something that happens on a football field (except perhaps non-football related violence). But IMO I think you are downplaying Bostic's role in that loss. IMO he didn't "step off the gas": Instead he did an incredibly stupid thing. Consider the game situation (he's probably been playing football since grade school): Recover the kick and the game is over. Next consider he says they practiced this situation "dozens if not hundreds of times". But it's a big game and a big moment so maybe he just forget. Except he says right before the play as they were lining up, Andrew Quarless who was right next to him says (again according to Bostic) “I got this guy, you got this guy,” he said. “You know your assignment?” And Bostic replies, "'Yeah,' I said. “I got this.” I was supposed to block for Jordy Nelson, who was right behind me." Again, hatred or threatening violence is wrong, but Bostic did more than just taking his foot off the gas.

I understand that, I just found the resulting action disgusted me. JMHO

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buggybill, what is the flavor of that beer in your profile pic hand? Not to stray too far off topic. That was a prevent defense at the time and that kind of defense usually prevents the win. I hate that type of play unless the game is totally in hand. In my mind 20 pts ahead with 1 minute left. Go Hawks.

I

Buggybill, what is the flavor of that beer in your profile pic hand? Not to stray too far off topic. That was a prevent defense at the time and that kind of defense usually prevents the win. I hate that type of play unless the game is totally in hand. In my mind 20 pts ahead with 1 minute left. Go Hawks.

I believe it was a pint of premium Welsh best bitter (Brain`s).

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we got them where we wanted and finally got that monkey off the back for maybe the biggest win we've had in a long time. So, this edition is the Packers' Good, Bad, and Ugly.....

The good, or shall I say GREAT!!!!

1. First and foremost, we got our revenge and hopefully the home field for playoff time throughout

2. Our run-stopping defense was great

3. Elliot, you are the man

4. Barclay held up well against the rush and wasn't beaten too much. Bakhtiari, you need a little work sir.

5. Richard Rodgers, thanks for helping us win and rewarding me for starting you on my fantasy team

6. Jimmy Graham didn't do anything

The Bad

1. Losing contain on Russell Wilson there, but to be fair most defenses do on him and we only play one other run-first QB (Colin Kaepernick) this year.

2. Haha Clinto-Dix, gotta catch those picks man, you got real potential but got a little ways to go to catch Nick Collins.

3. Lacy's injury, we need him back bad.

The Ugly

My heart goes out to Josh Boyd, that's a season ender but I hope to god not a career ender, please get well sir.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh 1 thing more, I'm very very excited right now and this is big, but I do fear the Hawks may not be our lone foe here. That Arizona Cardinal offense looked scary good today, I sure hope to god we don't gotta go back to their house in the playoffs again. Man oh man I don't want any more of those visions of our D having to deal with Fitzgerald again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can this game finally put to end the endless Capers haters? LOL :coffee:

He made the adjustments when needed and the players, made those adjustments.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts