Packers re-sign Ahman Green

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who???? Once guys retire or move-on from the packers you know they are washed up just like old no 4

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd.

This reminds me of signing nice names the likes of Eric ****erson or Hardy Nickerson. Unless Green knocked their socks off in a tryout, this seems ridiculous. Maybe it's mostly because Grant can't catch the ball. From where I'm sitting at this point, it doesn't seem to add much, but we'll see, as they say.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the Packers decide to cast off their old players, the queens come drooling. Sharper, Longwell, Favre, Bevell... Let's face it, you're just Packers wannabes...
Sharper is most likely Defensive MVP right now, Longwell never misses and Brett favre is 6-0. You guys wanted Sharper out remember. Maybe your front office doesn't have a clue about judgeing talent:happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper is most likely Defensive MVP right now, Longwell never misses and Brett favre is 6-0. You guys wanted Sharper out remember. Maybe your front office doesn't have a clue about judgeing talent:happy0005:
Neither does yours, since you released him... Sharper is a ******, he kept missing angles and blowing assignments to make interceptions, and wanted to be paid like he was the best DB since Adderley and Jeter...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither does yours, since you released him... Sharper is a ******, he kept missing angles and blowing assignments to make interceptions, and wanted to be paid like he was the best DB since Adderley and Jeter...
we didn't release him the saints offerd more cash and Sharper was the odd man out as Cedric griffith is a big time player so your are wrong about the only good player in the secondary

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to PFT Green isn't signed yet. Apparently his agent said nothing new had happened yet.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many years ago was that? Cedric griffith is they way they wanted to go because there is only so many dollars to go around since we just spent big money on jared Allen and bernard berrian and we still hadn't addressed our QB needs. We signed Sage for 3 million so Sharper was the odd man out. I remember the packer fans that I work with were happy sharper was gone because he was to slow and laughed at the Vikings for picking him up.We liked Darren Sharper but we had other needs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many years ago was that? Cedric griffith is they way they wanted to go because there is only so many dollars to go around since we just spent big money on jared Allen and bernard berrian and we still hadn't addressed our QB needs. We signed Sage for 3 million so Sharper was the odd man out. I remember the packer fans that I work with were happy sharper was gone because he was to slow and laughed at the Vikings for picking him up.We liked Darrion Sharper but we had other needs.
Duh, same thing with us. You crack me up.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Sign RB Green, Place RB Wynn On Injured Reserve

The Green Bay Packers have signed RB Ahman Green and placed RB DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transactions Wednesday.

Green played seven seasons (2000-06) in Green Bay, which included four consecutive Pro Bowl appearances (2001-04). He began his NFL career in Seattle (1998-99) and also played two seasons in Houston (2007-08). With 8,162 career rushing yards with the Packers, Green needs 46 more yards to surpass No. 1 Jim Taylor (8,207) and become the franchise's all-time leading rusher.

A 6-foot, 217-pound player, he will wear No. 34.

Wynn, a third-year pro, had seen action in four games in 2009.

Source: Packers.com

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers bring back Ahman Green

The Green Bay Packers have welcomed back to town an old friend.No, not the one who'll be arriving on November 1 wearing a magic purple helmet that shaves 15 years off his age. Running back Ahman Green is back, after...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a gamble for sure, maybe Green is a little bit slower now will better fit our O-line. It takes our o-line a little longer to open up holes, who knows, I just hope for the best.

I go from the Pack making a big trade (we have the money and draft picks to do it) to signing a 32 year old RB coming off 2 injury filled seasons.

You got to be tough to be a fan sometimes.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green was going to be our #1 back, then I would be worried. Not the case. If healthy, even at 32, he's better than any other 3rd down back we got. Better pass block, better hands. May even be a better runner.

But he probably won't play until another 2 weeks... Got to pick up the playbook. For now, I believe we'll go with only Grant and BJax as our tailbacks...

BTW, chances are high that he's going to break the all-time rushing record of the Franchise. Maybe something to do with Favre? I don't see neither TT or MM as such vengeful, bitter persons. But just throwing it up for grabs... Maybe it's a "hey, DD got his record... Batman got his record... See? We DO care for the history of the franchise and the individuals..."

Nah, :dontknow:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd.

This reminds me of signing nice names the likes of Eric ****erson or Hardy Nickerson. Unless Green knocked their socks off in a tryout, this seems ridiculous. Maybe it's mostly because Grant can't catch the ball. From where I'm sitting at this point, it doesn't seem to add much, but we'll see, as they say.

Isn't it obvious? TT believes Green is the final piece to the Super Bowl puzzle. :happy0005:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think 70% of what Ahman used to be will prove to be better than 100% of what Ryan Grant is now. I think he'll end up getting starter consideration. Not because of how great Ahman would be playing, but because of how terrible our other RB's are.

Call it a hunch.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly, if you guys were all true fans you would not be so gung ho about Favre being in Minny, cuz he tore them up for many years. If I were a Vikings fan I would be bittersweet. Example?

Well no one on Minnesota is really good enough besides the O Line to play over most the GB roster, but lets say Allen came to GB, I would not ever like him no matter what he did.

Had to just get it off my chest.

Sharper was mediocre at best in the end at GB and in Minny and gets credit because he is a ballhawk but is more all or nothing on alot of plays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts