1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers re-sign Ahman Green

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    who???? Once guys retire or move-on from the packers you know they are washed up just like old no 4

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Once the Packers decide to cast off their old players, the queens come drooling. Sharper, Longwell, Favre, Bevell... Let's face it, you're just Packers wannabes...

3. Packer 007

Packer 007 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Odd.

This reminds me of signing nice names the likes of Eric Dickerson or Hardy Nickerson. Unless Green knocked their socks off in a tryout, this seems ridiculous. Maybe it's mostly because Grant can't catch the ball. From where I'm sitting at this point, it doesn't seem to add much, but we'll see, as they say.

4. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Sharper is most likely Defensive MVP right now, Longwell never misses and Brett favre is 6-0. You guys wanted Sharper out remember. Maybe your front office doesn't have a clue about judgeing talent:happy0005:

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    :) :) :) yay for green!!! :) :) :)

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Neither does yours, since you released him... Sharper is a douche, he kept missing angles and blowing assignments to make interceptions, and wanted to be paid like he was the best DB since Adderley and Jeter...

7. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Didn't Ahman have a tendency to fumble?

8. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    we didn't release him the saints offerd more cash and Sharper was the odd man out as Cedric griffith is a big time player so your are wrong about the only good player in the secondary

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Same as in GB you know, but then again you always verify every thing you say

10. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    According to PFT Green isn't signed yet. Apparently his agent said nothing new had happened yet.

11. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How many years ago was that? Cedric griffith is they way they wanted to go because there is only so many dollars to go around since we just spent big money on jared Allen and bernard berrian and we still hadn't addressed our QB needs. We signed Sage for 3 million so Sharper was the odd man out. I remember the packer fans that I work with were happy sharper was gone because he was to slow and laughed at the Vikings for picking him up.We liked Darren Sharper but we had other needs.

12. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    what grade are you in anyway?

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    LOL @ that

Anyways

Green isnt signed yet

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Duh, same thing with us. You crack me up.

15. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +48
    Packers Sign RB Green, Place RB Wynn On Injured Reserve

Source: Packers.com

16. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +48
    Packers bring back Ahman Green

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
  18. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    its now official on packers.com green signed!!!!

19. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    This is a gamble for sure, maybe Green is a little bit slower now will better fit our O-line. It takes our o-line a little longer to open up holes, who knows, I just hope for the best.

I go from the Pack making a big trade (we have the money and draft picks to do it) to signing a 32 year old RB coming off 2 injury filled seasons.

You got to be tough to be a fan sometimes.

20. thetrooper

thetrooper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it would be nice to see him back

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    If Green was going to be our #1 back, then I would be worried. Not the case. If healthy, even at 32, he's better than any other 3rd down back we got. Better pass block, better hands. May even be a better runner.

But he probably won't play until another 2 weeks... Got to pick up the playbook. For now, I believe we'll go with only Grant and BJax as our tailbacks...

BTW, chances are high that he's going to break the all-time rushing record of the Franchise. Maybe something to do with Favre? I don't see neither TT or MM as such vengeful, bitter persons. But just throwing it up for grabs... Maybe it's a "hey, DD got his record... Batman got his record... See? We DO care for the history of the franchise and the individuals..."

Nah, :dontknow:

22. billysofly

billysofly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    are they planning to do a two split backs like how the dolpins did with brown and wiliams

23. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Isn't it obvious? TT believes Green is the final piece to the Super Bowl puzzle. :happy0005:

24. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I think 70% of what Ahman used to be will prove to be better than 100% of what Ryan Grant is now. I think he'll end up getting starter consideration. Not because of how great Ahman would be playing, but because of how terrible our other RB's are.

Call it a hunch.

25. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

Honestly, if you guys were all true fans you would not be so gung ho about Favre being in Minny, cuz he tore them up for many years. If I were a Vikings fan I would be bittersweet. Example?

Well no one on Minnesota is really good enough besides the O Line to play over most the GB roster, but lets say Allen came to GB, I would not ever like him no matter what he did.

Had to just get it off my chest.

Sharper was mediocre at best in the end at GB and in Minny and gets credit because he is a ballhawk but is more all or nothing on alot of plays.