Packers re-sign Aaron Jones

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

o
My greatest hope for immediate relief lies in Adam Stenavich. He was truly a miracle worker last year.

The starters on the offensive line rarely missed playint time last season until Bakhtiari was lost, therefore it might be smart to wait until this season to evaluate Stenavich's work.

Don't forget Shepherd, Taylor, Juice Williams, Josh Jackson, Burks, Greene, etc. ;)

No, no, no, that's not how this is working. You're not supposed to name any players that didn't improve or mention the 2019 season when Jones was the only second- or third-year player who actually made a jump.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???

KeKe played over 400 snaps last year as a DL. In Pettine's defense, that's a starter.

Barnes was a starter for the majority of the season.

I'm seeing your signature for the first time. If you'd like to find the personal attacks, you may show them. You just don't like when people disagree with you. If that's a personal attack, then well, that's awfully soft.
he won't see this if he has you on ignore

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
a thread in itself
Keke, Deguara, V. Scott.
Love is not an unknown (by name at least) but I hope he spends most of the season on the bench and doing mop up when he hits the field.
Right and I really used wrong phrasing for what I was thinking in my head, so my apologies to Pike. "Barely known" was meant to imply "outside of knowledgeable Packer fans" and I also should have added the word "impactful" in front of "starter".

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you just imagine had we drafted another legit 1000+ yard capable WR opposite in the last 2-3 years? Although I will say Tonyan gets props for raising his bar.

I still see us missing that underneath piece Slot WR threat who can punish teams with YAC. We never really got Cobbs upgrade/replacement.

Kadarius Toney could be one draft prospect example of someone who could fill a niche for us. He’s very multi faceted and could be a nice chess piece in this Offense/ST. Him and Tonyan and Davante and AJ and MVS all running rampant would be a lot to ask of any Defense. I just fear he’s gone by pick #62

Toney is multi-faceted in that he’s really good after the catch, and on jet sweeps, but is pretty mediocre at all the things a WR is supposed to be able to do.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
o

The starters on the offensive line rarely missed playint time last season until Bakhtiari was lost, therefore it might be smart to wait until this season to evaluate Stenavich's work.

No, no, no, that's not how this is working. You're not supposed to name any players that didn't improve or mention the 2019 season when Jones was the only second- or third-year player who actually made a jump.
There was a good amount of shuffling of offensive linemen early last season with both Bakhtiari and Linsely and Taylor dealing with injuries. I feel very safe in stating that Stenavich did a fantastic job last year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o

Taylor missed 15 games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There was a good amount of shuffling of offensive linemen early last season with both Bakhtiari and Linsely and Taylor dealing with injuries. I feel very safe in stating that Stenavich did a fantastic job last year.

Agreed and amazingly Stenavich is only 38. I was nervous when long time OL coach Campen left in 2019, who has since done a lot of traveling. First to the Browns, than the Chargers and now with the Texans.

I am starting to think there is something in the Wisconsin water when it comes to Offensive Lines. Both the Packers and the Badgers seem to just have a way of making them pretty good....unless of course they come from Indiana. :D

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay’s starting OL combined to miss 30% of the games this year. That does not include any injuries during a game, for example, Bakhtiari getting hurt mid game still counts as a game played.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay’s starting OL combined to miss 30% of the games this year. That does not include any injuries during a game, for example, Bakhtiari getting hurt mid game still counts as a game played.
That's a testament to how freakin' good Jenkins is and the flexibility he & Turner give the OL.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

His loss. Some people just don’t want to get smarter. ;)

I don't know, putting you on ignore seems to be a decent start to get smarter :p

There was a good amount of shuffling of offensive linemen early last season with both Bakhtiari and Linsely and Taylor dealing with injuries.

You're right about Taylor but after he was lost for the season the Packers top five offensive linemen combined to play 83.8% of the snaps, which is a pretty decent number.

Taylor missed 15 games.

My bad, I forgot that Taylor was a starting entering the 2020 season. I don't think there was a huge drop-off in talent with Patrick replacing him though.

Members online

Latest posts