Packers re-sign Aaron Jones

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! More expensive than the franchise tag. Great guy and player. Happy he will continue to be a Packer.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More money but we will certainly have him much longer this way......

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty good deal for both player and team. He still gets paid very good money and we didn’t have to super over spend on him. Apparently anticipated better offers if he hit the open market but wanted to stay a Packer. He fits great in this offense, (and he knows it) and I think will be a perfect one-two punch with AJ Dillon the next few years.

Reaction score
Incredible. I guess that lends credence to the value of a Producer. His production has been a blessing and that’s a huge congrats, he’s earned it.
My heart goes out to Jamaal, what a solid RB duo they’ve been for 4-5th draft picks, Looks like it’s a very formidable Jones n Dillon 1-2 punch.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheesh is t that going to put us like 15 million over the cap now?

edit:

probably not that much, otc has at 2.3 without his signing, guessing something is definitely gonna get done with Rodgers contract

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
A surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheesh is t that going to put us like 15 million over the cap now?

edit:

probably not that much, otc has at 2.3 without his signing, guessing something is definitely gonna get done with Rodgers contract

And zadarius. They will clear a bunch of cap with those two moves

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone saying we wasted a pick on Dillon just doesn't get it.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! More expensive than the franchise tag. Great guy and player. Happy he will continue to be a Packer.
I was thinking the same thing. 12 mil a year seems pretty steep for a RB on the smallish side. He hasn't really performed well in the playoffs either. I hope he can stay healthy now.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Details aren't known but my guess the main cap hit comes next year and 2023 when the Packers expect the salary cap to jump up significantly over 2021.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Enlighten us

We need a solid RB2 to give Jones a rest. Having Dillion the more featured back option some games keeps their legs fresh at the end of the season and into the post season. Also Dilion would be the power option as when he did get the ball he plowed dudes over.

Reaction score
We need a solid RB2 to give Jones a rest. Having Dillion the more featured back option some games keeps their legs fresh at the end of the season and into the post season. Also Dilion would be the power option as when he did get the ball he plowed dudes over.
True on the power option. Obviously he’s get more snaps by default. However, we cannot make the same mistake and allow him to go MIA at home in January. He’s built for cold weather and stacked fronts and if he happens to break through an 8 man front he’s just fast enough to cause problems.
This is the most exciting part of our game for me because establishing a superior run game opens up the entire Offense. We might very well have the best rushing duo in the league now that Jones is back. We just need to draft a Run block Mauler at OL with one of our 1st 3-4 selections and strongly consider resigning Lewis

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon will get at least 150 touches, and most likely closer to 200.

Dillon will end 2021 season with at least 800 yards, probably closer to 1000.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy for Jones, he deserved to make some money. Always weary of giving big money to RB's, but until the details come out we don't know how it's structured for sure. I don't think the signing bonus was too much, i bet it's paired with very tolerable salary for the first 2 years and then it blows up year 3 and 4 at which point he'll either be earning it or gone.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enlighten us
Another thing to consider, he has a different style. Suppose we play a team with small fast MLBs like Chicago. Packers would have an advantage towards the end of the game if roquon Smith has to tackle a guy 20 lbs heavier with a head of steam a dozen times already. Smith is already somewhat fragile. Yet playing a team with a larger les mobile ILB and Jones would have the advance with his quickness and explosion.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is, I believe, just 26 years old, and was criminally under-used his first two years in the league. I believe there's still quite a bit of tread an the tires, and he adds an element to the offense few NFL backs are capable of. I like this signing.

I will miss Jamal Williams, however....But you can't have everything.

Staff online

Latest posts