Packers Rank #4 In NFL Power Rankings

Sky King

Reaction score
2015 was not a banner year for the Packer's HC and a few of his staff. Between injuries, sub-par play, and other factors some player performances were disappointing, as well. Yet, the Packers still made the playoffs and remained relevant until close to the end. I'm hoping the results are even more positive this upcoming season. There are plenty of reasons to see them legitimately being considered to be in the hunt once again.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just shows you how out of synch the staff was last year. You can't just thrust anyone in at offensive coordinator and they learn that the hard way.

D

Deleted member 6794

It just shows you how out of synch the staff was last year. You can't just thrust anyone in at offensive coordinator and they learn that the hard way.

It was pretty much the same coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball as in 2014 when the Packers led the league in scoring.

Clements calling the plays and not having a designated receivers coach weren't great moves though.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Nothing was pretty about last year. If the Packers can stay healthy this year, there is a strong argument this team will have something beautiful to put on their finger come Feburary.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This had better be a redaction then of all your criticisms of MM's play calling in prior years.

Now back to the topic at hand, 2016 sounds like a deep run is coming to me. I'm calling for last year's Lacy anomaly to disappear and for him to have a record-breaking year in which he may surpass Ahman Green's 2003 campaign.

D

Deleted member 6794

By reading through some of the threads the tone might lead you to believe we are ranked 4th from the bottom. The rest of the country thinks more highly of us than some here.

Once again you´re overreacting to posters criticizing some of Thompson´s moves. I haven´t seen a single poster mentioning the Packers won´t make the playoffs and most agree the team is one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl in 2016.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again you´re overreacting to posters criticizing some of Thompson´s moves. I haven´t seen a single poster mentioning the Packers won´t make the playoffs and most agree the team is one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl in 2016.

Not overreacting. The tone is often bleak, dismal and foreboding amongst some here.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not overreacting. The tone is often bleak, dismal and foreboding amongst some here.

If that´s true please provide me with a link to just a single post predicting the Packers won´t make the playoffs in 2016.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-draft-lifts-cardinals-broncos-patriots-fall

Pretty good review right there. Love the line about us leapfrogging CAR and AZ especially.

Would really love to line up against Carolina again for a little revenge. Living in Carolina, was really tired of the bandwagon hype surrounding the Panthers last year. Granted they were a strong team, would love another shot at them and see how quickly the "dab" gets laid to rest.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The majority here feel like GB will most likely win the division and make the playoffs. Also, we'll be in the hunt for home field as usual. I don't think many here dispute that. Even if we don't win the division we'll be in the playoffs. Again, I doubt many here dispute that either. We are always in the hunt. Aaron Rodgers gives us a chance to beat any team in the NFL.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The majority here feel like GB will most likely win the division and make the playoffs. Also, we'll be in the hunt for home field as usual. I don't think many here dispute that. Even if we don't win the division we'll be in the playoffs. Again, I doubt many here dispute that either. We are always in the hunt. Aaron Rodgers gives us a chance to beat any team in the NFL.

Agreed. Most of us Negative Nellies even feel this way. The problem is that we also have been conditioned to feel that they'll find some way to blow it in the playoffs. :)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the player procurement portion of the off season pretty much over, it shapes up to me as the top tier in the NFC, in no particular order, Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Panthers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that´s true please provide me with a link to just a single post predicting the Packers won´t make the playoffs in 2016.
Please provide highlighted text in Pikers post where he states there are posters predicting the Packers wont make the playoffs in 2016.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please provide highlighted text in Pikers post where he states there are posters predicting the Packers wont make the playoffs in 2016.

I realize the following can't be highlighted to show an actual statement, but if you don't want to play word games, I'd say 4th from the bottom wouldn't make the playoffs.

By reading through some of the threads the tone might lead you to believe we are ranked 4th from the bottom.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize the following can't be highlighted to show an actual statement, but if you don't want to play word games, I'd say 4th from the bottom wouldn't make the playoffs.
"Might lead you to believe" is clearly hyperbole indicating a very dim view of the team. Demanding the link to not making the playoffs is either disingenuous or lack of reading comprehension.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

It's the tone. The tone!

Doesn't anyone comprehend the written word anymore?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
"Might lead you to believe" is clearly hyperbole indicating a very dim view of the team. Demanding the link to not making the playoffs is either disingenuous or lack of reading comprehension.
Thank you.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think some here no longer feel playoffs are worth a lick...call it getting spoiled...some can't see how well overall the organization continues to do and have done for some time now despite not always making the right call it seems personel arguably.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some here no longer feel playoffs are worth a lick...call it getting spoiled...some can't see how well overall the organization continues to do and have done for some time now despite not always making the right call it seems personel arguably.

A team with a league-average front office could make the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers at QB. The frustration is that the Packers are supposed to have one of the best front-offices in the NFL and yet that front office, with the best QB in the game, has delivered one Super Bowl (which is awesome, only one of those given out each year). It's not that the playoffs aren't worth anything, it's that it's expected that any competent front office could build a team around Rodgers that can get to the playoffs; just getting to the playoffs with Rodgers isn't a mark of being a terrific front office, it's a mark of not being incompetent.

Packers have been great for a long time. Packers have had two all-time great QBs for a long time. Having a great QB can cover up deficiencies in other areas of the team, including front office and coaching. One of the single biggest moves that lead to the last Super Bowl win was the signing of Woodson, something that Thompson did NOT want to do but that Schneider pushed him into. If that element no longer exists in the front office then it's reasonable to think that the front office is missing a large part of what made it so successful in the past.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that Sunshine I do. However, you seriously cannot expect Super Bowls...you can only build a team that can compete for one...ala making it to the playoffs.

I am right there with you that in AR's time slot we should in my personal opinion have more or have been to more....however take into consideration some pretty ****** occurrences no coach or GM can control. Bostick's bonehead move cost us an appearance, last year despite SUCKING AR and injured team nearly made it past ARZ to push a chance...and that is just the two recent memories.

I get it, frustration when you have the best QB in the league by some definitions of not winning more SBs exists...however if it were easy Peyton would have won more in Indy, Brees in NO and Marino in Miami....having a great QB doesn't equal SBs sometimes no matter what the organization does.

I make no excuses or justifications for this team and it's runs during ARs time here. We've been in position to win SBs nearly every year...

Members online

Latest posts