Packers place Z. Smith on IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Time for Gary to step up. Man, this just makes this defense that much worse. They signed some scrub off someone's practice squad too. :sick:

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have fans read the story about Z Smith as it relates to his contract issue (wanted extension instead had money turned into bonus and immediate payment) which did not make him happy. Then he was not re-elected captain and that received a "wow" from him along with ???? What is going on with this team? What is going on with management? This next game against Lions will be telling whether this team is "together" or "just going through the motions" with no player leadership. The coaching staff has so far been a "no show", the management of the Packers has been less than supportive in many respects and makes a fan wonder what the "plan" is for this team moving forward. If they want to reduce salary then go all in, get rid of Rodgers, Adams, Bahktiari (oh wait he is not available anyway but getting paid millions for doing nothing) and now Z Smith as well. Prognostication: Packers beat Lions by 3pts or..... their defense does not show up again and they lose by 7.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Answer me this David. What does Z not being elected captain tell you about:
A. Him?
B. The team?
C. The organization?
D. The coaches?

Krabs

Reaction score
Have fans read the story about Z Smith as it relates to his contract issue (wanted extension instead had money turned into bonus and immediate payment) which did not make him happy. Then he was not re-elected captain and that received a "wow" from him along with ???? What is going on with this team? What is going on with management?
I'm not buying this has anything to do with his injury. I think what is going on with management is they are doing their job. Losing Z stinks for sure. Let's not start the rumor weed and speculate that it is anymore than getting him healthy. These guys are competitors. They want to be out there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe when your team "leader" sits out of OTAs, ridicules management, demands a trade, questions their decisions publically, and in other ways appears to try and hinder the team; maybe that has an effect on other players

Krabs

Reaction score
Maybe when your team "leader" sits out of OTAs, ridicules management, demands a trade, questions their decisions publically, and in other ways appears to try and hinder the team; maybe that has an effect on other players
Did Rodgers demand a trade?

Also, sucks that Z won't be playing. I don't think his off the field requests for a new contract equate to being injured. I think they will play Gary a lot. I wonder how many snaps Garvin and Rivers will get. I think they will happily take snaps. That is unless they were mad about their contracts.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, all those "issues" you mentioned were probably too much for Z to carry on his back, right? Never mind Rodger's MVP season last year when he lead the team to the NFCCG, all that is out the window for players who have nothing to do with him, it's all about the ridiculous articles that fans read but that players generally ignore.

Edit: I also don't think his contract has anything to do with his back issue.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Have fans read the story about Z Smith as it relates to his contract issue (wanted extension instead had money turned into bonus and immediate payment) which did not make him happy. Then he was not re-elected captain and that received a "wow" from him along with ???? What is going on with this team? What is going on with management? This next game against Lions will be telling whether this team is "together" or "just going through the motions" with no player leadership. The coaching staff has so far been a "no show", the management of the Packers has been less than supportive in many respects and makes a fan wonder what the "plan" is for this team moving forward. If they want to reduce salary then go all in, get rid of Rodgers, Adams, Bahktiari (oh wait he is not available anyway but getting paid millions for doing nothing) and now Z Smith as well. Prognostication: Packers beat Lions by 3pts or..... their defense does not show up again and they lose by 7.

In my opinion it's absolutely ridiculous to criticize management for Bakhtiari or Zadarius getting injured.

Krabs

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is Z’s replacement on the 53 man.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is Z’s replacement on the 53 man.
They're hoping the first names will confuse the opponents and they will still think its Z out there and not try to exploit him. Kind like they tried to do by signing DeAndre Thompkins. I heard they were also looking at TJ Watts from Northeast Mid Texas State A&M Tech. A small
D4 school from southwest Ohio.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts