Packers lack toughness in areas.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and ill keep saying it until i see otherwise. I mean all across the board to with the exception of a few and i mean literally a few this Packers team looked just as soft as last years team. We can't run the ball because the o-line is soft, we can't stop the run because the d-line is soft, and our defense stunk because it's soft as a unit.

Tiered of hearing about how young we are.. and? I watched the Rams almost upset the Lions who have an explosive offense as well and they have the youngest team in the league with 17 rookies on the roster.....17. They still look tougher on defense and you know what? they don't have half the talent the Packers do. It's a mentality ppl, not an age thing so please stop saying that. Once theese guy's really start taking it personal that they stink maybe we can win a game if the offense doesn't score 30.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. I posted almost the same thing in the Capers is not the problem thread. You are so right about it being a mentality. You can't be tough, if its not in you. You can't be a thumper, if its not in you. They are not tough at all, except for CM3, raji, bishop and C wood.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. I posted almost the same thing in the Capers is not the problem thread. You are so right about it being a mentality. You can't be tough, if its not in you. You can't be a thumper, if its not in you. They are not tough at all, except for CM3, raji, bishop and C wood.

Exactly. In a 3-4 you need for linemen to eat up blockers and stuff the run. I didn't hear one name except Raji for the d-line and he had like one qb hurry then i saw Pickett get blown off the ball and i honestly can't remember who the other guy was who started at d-end and i'm pretty into any football game i watch.

As for Lb's besides Matthews nobody else really did anything to say i like this group. Perry is fast but he can';t cover anybody and over ran alot of plays. Hawk is average at best and so is Smith. None of our middle linebackers can play sideline to sideline like Willis, or even a Ray Lewis. They are slow.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Just want to add that the O-line will stay soft because we draft undersized players, mark my words, the center from Iowa is almost guaranteed a packer draft pick next year. Also, Campen is part of the problem.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I've said it before and ill keep saying it until i see otherwise. I mean all across the board to with the exception of a few and i mean literally a few this Packers team looked just as soft as last years team. We can't run the ball because the o-line is soft, we can't stop the run because the d-line is soft, and our defense stunk because it's soft as a unit.

Tiered of hearing about how young we are.. and? I watched the Rams almost upset the Lions who have an explosive offense as well and they have the youngest team in the league with 17 rookies on the roster.....17. They still look tougher on defense and you know what? they don't have half the talent the Packers do. It's a mentality ppl, not an age thing so please stop saying that. Once theese guy's really start taking it personal that they stink maybe we can win a game if the offense doesn't score 30.

Cant agree with this ^.

So your saying that being the worst D in NFL history(yards) and giving up 37 to the Giants in the playoffs at home last year, they arent taking things personal yet ?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technique + ability + intensity. If #3 ain't in there or on par with the guy across from you the other two don't mean squat.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the reason I was excited to have some in McCarthy's words "juice" on the defensive side of the ball. Not saying Hargrove was "tough" per say but that "juice" pumps people up into playing a bit tougher than they really might be. I hear Worthy was this type of guy over the summer, but that surely wasn't evident last Sunday probably due to a bunch of reasons. I have always liked Raji but tend to disagree with people who label him as tough. He does his job for the most part and I like having him on the team but I have never seen that nastiness from him that is usually associated with tough d lineman

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that raji doesnt show nastiness a lot, but I really believe its there. Just listening to him give interviews, his tone of voice at times lets me know that he is capable. He needs worthy next to him IMO. Wilson may be the better choice right now but wilson is the quiet type. IMO worthy is the key for the D line. If he could get going at some point this season. I also see BEAST qualities in Perry. When he gets to the point that he starts playing and reacting, not thinking so much, he will be scary.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I agree that raji doesnt show nastiness a lot, but I really believe its there. Just listening to him give interviews, his tone of voice at times lets me know that he is capable.
You didn't see him back in highschool. He's one of those guys that internalizes it and smolders under the surface. You're also right about Worthy needing to be next to him. He seems to feed off the guys around him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts