Packers ink Peppers

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I also want to add that when I mentioned Mathews moving to our weakness at ILB. ... I was ridiculed relentlessly...

I went and found that old thread. And, yes, you were not taken seriously. One poster even asked if the whole thread was a joke. Most responses were along the lines of "not going to happen".

Kudos to you for getting this one right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I also want to add that when I mentioned Mathews moving to our weakness at ILB. Letting Perry and Neal stay on the field more together. Will fix our problem and get the talent on the field where it needs to be.

I was ridiculed relentlessly.... As with many of my out of the box predictions and advice. I was right. This is awesome move my Capers. Mathews isnt just ILB, but roams, and all the action is in the middle. He will be great doing this.

Other predictions... Burnett will soon evolve into a pro-bowler. Happening now.

Lindsley will steal the Center job and not give it up. Done deal.

Pennel stepping in and threatening Guion, will spur the big boys and cause a ripple effect through the defense. Thats exactly what happened. Now Guion and a healthy Boyd are doing what we thought they would do (and werent doing)

Adams will take Boykins spot early, and will work to #1 Wr by year 5... Adams will be the next generation Jordy Nelson is my thought. Cobb will possibly price himself out of Greenbay with our defense emerging. We cant ignore the defense anymore. We can find more WRs for Rodgers...

You also said Greenbay 38--Seattle 14

PredatorPeppers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=3335.0 Peppers fan thread

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeppJu99.htm Peppers

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm White

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodCh00.htm Woodson

Reggie White was a better pass rusher than Peppers, but Peppers is the better overall defensive player and makes more game changing plays, interceptions, passes defensed, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, blocked kicks, touchdowns, etc. Reggie White was still the greatest defensive player of all time though, but if Peppers plays a few more seasons he'll be considered top 10.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay...hat-makes-the-Packers-extra-dangerous-at-home Steve Wyche of NFL Network says from the people he's talked to about the Packers defense say that Julius Peppers is the center of attention and opens up things for Clay Matthews and others.

Peppers is the Packers defensive leader and is this Packers team's version of Reggie White or Charles Woodson. He's a play making freak of nature who can probably play well until he's 40 if he so chooses, and will one day be a future first ballot Hall of Famer. Lets hope he helps the Packers get a Super Bowl trophy this season much like Reggie White and Charles Woodson did before him.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...defense-evolves-maximize-playmakers/19201641/ Nickel defense evolves to maximize playmakers

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...kers-defense-needs-b99391526z1-282898411.html

And Peppers is now the only player in NFL history with 100-plus sacks and four interceptions returned for touchdowns.

"These are the kinds of plays that I always envisioned myself making," Peppers said, "and these are the kinds of plays I always told myself — if I was able to play in a defense like this — I could make those plays. So I'm finally doing it and I'm having a lot of fun with it."

"God's gift (from) heaven, man," Neal said. "I promise you. ... Smart, talented, great player. His interceptions speak for themselves. He gets to the ball and he makes plays."

Added defensive end Mike Daniels, "He's one of the great ones. I can't explain it. He's one of the great ones — and he's demonstrating why he is. At his age, to still be this dynamic player, is just amazing."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...r-role-for-packers-b99390715z1-282833231.html

Green Bay — During the precious, adrenaline-filled moments before another prime-time game, there were zero doubts in his mind.

Micah Hyde listened to Julius Peppers' pregame speech. He looked around the room.

"It wasn't whether we were going to win or not," the Green Bay Packers safety said, "it was by how much are we going to win."

What followed was an unapologetic 55-14 smackdown of the division rival Chicago Bears, Peppers' former team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kers-raiders-draft-richie-incognito/19052587/

McCarthy called Peppers' speech "clearly the best one we've ever had,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Peppers

College Football Awards and honors

Sporting News Freshman All-American (1999)
First-team All-ACC (2000)
Second-team Associated Press All-American (2000)
Second-team Football News All-American (2000)
Division I-A sacks leader (2000)
First-team All-ACC (2001)
Consensus first-team All-American (2001)
Bronko Nagurski Trophy finalist (2001)
Chuck Bednarik Award (2001)
Bill Willis Trophy (2001)
Lombardi Award (2001)

NFL awards and honors

NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2002)
2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
2013 Brian Piccolo Award
NFL 2000s All Decade Team
Pro-Football-Reference All 2000s Team
100 Sacks Club
2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 NFC Pro Bowl
2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
2008, 2009, 2012 All-Pro Second Team
Six time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10, 12/23/12, 10/2/2014)
Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011)

Panthers franchise records

Most career sacks: (81)
Most career forced fumbles: (30)
Longest Interception return: 97 yards (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)

NFL records and accomplishments

Sixteenth most sacks in NFL history: 123.5
Tied for fifth most double digit sack seasons in NFL history: 8
Tied for fifth most games with at least three sacks: 9
Tied for Twelfth most multiple sack games in NFL history: 31
Tied for eighth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 41
Second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 9 *11 career interceptions including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 192 yds *293 career interception return yards including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
Tied for second most interceptions returned for a touchdown by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 2 *4 career interceptions returned for a touchdown including time played as a linebacker
Third most passes defensed by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 62 *68 career passes defensed including time played as a linebacker
Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 13
Only player in NFL history to record at least 100 sacks and 10 interceptions
Only player in NFL history with 100-plus sacks and four interceptions returned for touchdowns
Peppers has three career games with at least a half-sack and an interception-return touchdown, the most such games in the NFL since the sack became an official statistic in 1982

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I really like what Peppers is doing this year. But a 3 year deal for a 34 year old?

Two maybe

D

Deleted member 6794

I really like what Peppers is doing this year. But a 3 year deal for a 34 year old?

Two maybe

The Packers signed him to a three year deal because of salary Cap ramifications as the signing bonus is prorated over the entire length of it. It will be interesting to see if he actually plays out the entire contract.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=3335.0 Peppers fan thread

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeppJu99.htm Peppers

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm White

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodCh00.htm Woodson

Reggie White was a better pass rusher than Peppers, but Peppers is the better overall defensive player and makes more game changing plays, interceptions, passes defensed, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, blocked kicks, touchdowns, etc. Reggie White was still the greatest defensive player of all time though, but if Peppers plays a few more seasons he'll be considered top 10.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay...hat-makes-the-Packers-extra-dangerous-at-home Steve Wyche of NFL Network says from the people he's talked to about the Packers defense say that Julius Peppers is the center of attention and opens up things for Clay Matthews and others.

Peppers is the Packers defensive leader and is this Packers team's version of Reggie White or Charles Woodson. He's a play making freak of nature who can probably play well until he's 40 if he so chooses, and will one day be a future first ballot Hall of Famer. Lets hope he helps the Packers get a Super Bowl trophy this season much like Reggie White and Charles Woodson did before him.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...defense-evolves-maximize-playmakers/19201641/ Nickel defense evolves to maximize playmakers

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...kers-defense-needs-b99391526z1-282898411.html

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...r-role-for-packers-b99390715z1-282833231.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kers-raiders-draft-richie-incognito/19052587/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Peppers

College Football Awards and honors

Sporting News Freshman All-American (1999)
First-team All-ACC (2000)
Second-team Associated Press All-American (2000)
Second-team Football News All-American (2000)
Division I-A sacks leader (2000)
First-team All-ACC (2001)
Consensus first-team All-American (2001)
Bronko Nagurski Trophy finalist (2001)
Chuck Bednarik Award (2001)
Bill Willis Trophy (2001)
Lombardi Award (2001)

NFL awards and honors

NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2002)
2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
2013 Brian Piccolo Award
NFL 2000s All Decade Team
Pro-Football-Reference All 2000s Team
100 Sacks Club
2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 NFC Pro Bowl
2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
2008, 2009, 2012 All-Pro Second Team
Six time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10, 12/23/12, 10/2/2014)
Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011)

Panthers franchise records

Most career sacks: (81)
Most career forced fumbles: (30)
Longest Interception return: 97 yards (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)

NFL records and accomplishments

Sixteenth most sacks in NFL history: 123.5
Tied for fifth most double digit sack seasons in NFL history: 8
Tied for fifth most games with at least three sacks: 9
Tied for Twelfth most multiple sack games in NFL history: 31
Tied for eighth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 41
Second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 9 *11 career interceptions including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 192 yds *293 career interception return yards including time played as a linebacker
Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
Tied for second most interceptions returned for a touchdown by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 2 *4 career interceptions returned for a touchdown including time played as a linebacker
Third most passes defensed by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 62 *68 career passes defensed including time played as a linebacker
Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 13
Only player in NFL history to record at least 100 sacks and 10 interceptions
Only player in NFL history with 100-plus sacks and four interceptions returned for touchdowns
Peppers has three career games with at least a half-sack and an interception-return touchdown, the most such games in the NFL since the sack became an official statistic in 1982
How many times have you copied and pasted his Wikipedia accomplishments on this forum? I think once was more than enough.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone can mention whoever they want in the same sentence but Julius Peppers isn’t as good as Reggie White was. IMO Reggie was better at both rushing the passer and vs. the run. You don’t mean you were ridiculed here, do you?

:)I am new here. Spent years on Yahoo boards til they shut down. ESPN boards for years too. This is my new spot. I've never gotten credit for my outside the box thinking. Which has been admitedly ignorant, and uninformed at times:). But I also called for things years before they actually happened. And as said before, NOBODY ever said good job. For instance......lol

I debated we should impliment a 5-2-4 defense. Inspired by the apparent 6-4 of the 85 bears. And the tallent and weaknesses on our roster. We had KGB and Kampman who were the ends. And IMO were fast and agile enough to drop back into coverage if the offense dictated... Jenkins was still a DT, and Packers brass had not taken my advice to make him a DE yet...Then we had Williams, and Jolly. In the middle I wanted Grady Jackson. I figured it would stomp the run, and pressure the passer so much as to create mistakes. Barnett and young Hawk were sideline to sideline. Woodson/Harris, or was it McKenzie at the time? Along with Sharper and young Collins, I believed the secondary could antisipate the dump offs, and basicly smother the offense completely..... OH MAN DID I TAKE CHIT! for months i fought it out!!! Not long after Capers came in and we changed to a 3-4. Which was my first education on what a 3-4 even was. As it turned out everyone LOVED the 3-4 defense and Capers was a defensive mastermind (early general perception). Well guess what?????? A 5-2 defense is a 3-4 defense!!! Just calling pass rushing OLBs a defensive end. Aldon Smith a DE or OLB. He's called a OLB but in my book that big **** is a DE......... Months of ridicule! And I still believe a good 3-4 depends completely on getting the pressure of 4 guys with 3 elite D-linemen.... Picking up the slack with LBs is pointless if you have LBs against bigger blockers! The advantage of 4 LBs is that you can strike from 4 different gaps when blitzing. The other most important thing is a great secondary. If your secondary sucks, you cant play a 3-4 without the whole scheme losing its advantages...

I debated that our pass attack was so good. And our run game was soooooooo bad (at the time). Why dont we use the pass to open up the run? OH THE STUFF I WAS CALLED!!! lol Historically if you abandon the run, you lose. But I seen Favre carry us through bad O-lines with his quick slants and acrobatic dump offs. And I seen him carry the offense when the running game sucked. We had a bad O-line and no run game. Why not hand the ball off through the air, after the RB gets through the line? Not a dump off, a designed play. Quick. It would take pressure off the line and get the RBs involved again. Our WRs were so good, and so deep, we could stretch the field as well........SOON AFTER we had the 15-1 year. Unstopable pass attack, opened up no name Starks with big runs in open field. Wasnt until playoffs that our defense and lack of any run failed us... Since then we drafted RBs that can catch to cater to the idea. We filled in the gaps with a bigger O-line and invested in real RB tallent. It was a sublte change in personel on offense. While we invested heavily on defense. Giving Capers some healthy talent for first time since he's been here... In those few year the league has become a passing league. Throw the record book out the window. Everything has changed..... Now the pass opens up the run... I mean who runs first now days anymore? Or what relivant teams runs first I should say???

Im not trying to pat myself on the back. Just pointing out that I am great and they should put me on the payroll. Thats all. lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
... I've never gotten credit for my outside the box thinking. Which has been admitedly ignorant, and uninformed at times. But I also called for things years before they actually happened. And as said before, NOBODY ever said good job. …
You recognize the problem with all that, don’t you? If not, here it is: Anyone can join a new board and allege all kinds of things. I’m not accusing you of doing that, but why mention it? Instead of telling us how you think “outside the box”, why not just show us? And what good does it do to complain here about allegedly being abused elsewhere?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You recognize the problem with all that, don’t you? If not, here it is: Anyone can join a new board and allege all kinds of things. I’m not accusing you of doing that, but why mention it? Instead of telling us how you think “outside the box”, why not just show us? And what good does it do to complain here about allegedly being abused elsewhere?
Just talking football. And telling stories. This is a smaller controled forum. I figured the locals might get a bit of a picture of my track record on my out of the box predictions. And notice more that I am right much more than Im wrong. Notice the story this morning? About Cobb surely being a keeper, right? You think its a random that the story comes up right after I mention it, and back it up with solid logic? Its happened so many times. I mean one time they even used my funny and witty one liner that proved a theory, WORD FOR WORD! Thats when I knew I wasnt crazy:) THEY ARE WATCHING ME! LOL
Dont get me wrong. Im half joking and going off. Im not leading the Packers from the espn forum. lol But to say these other guys who live eat breath football 24/7/365, like I do. Are not doing it for a living? As writers, or scouts looking for ideas and info... Packers fans are known to have high football IQs. I find that to be true. If it was my job to talk football I would be here looking for ideas to steal so I can fill my quota of awesomeness..........:)

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear like a 1/5 of the posts on these forums are self-congratulatory back patting posts. You don't buy credibility by rubbing the times you're correct in everyones' faces in essay style.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear like a 1/5 of the posts on these forums are self-congratulatory back patting posts. You don't buy credibility by rubbing the times you're correct in everyones' faces in essay style.
4/5ths of the posts are people complaining about one detail, when some of us are trying to talk about football.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4/5ths of the posts are people complaining about one detail, when some of us are trying to talk about football.

Every single paragraph was you stating how you had some idea you were right about. That's not one detail. That's *the* permeating detail.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
...And notice more that I am right much more than Im wrong. Notice the story this morning? About Cobb surely being a keeper, right?
I'll try this one more time: Take thisisnate's posts to heart. SHOW us instead of telling us. You may be 'having fun' but IMO you are not presenting yourself well. If you were indeed the recipient of crap at other sites, I'm beginning to see why. [sarcasm]BTW, providing "solid logic" that Cobb is a keeper? WOW![sarcasm]

H

HardRightEdge

So if $5m is already sunk whether he plays or not, to get him back would in actuality be a $7m cap hit.

upon further review it'd be a $9.5m hit as $2.5m was accelerated forward from the following year.
I question the $2.5 mil "accelerated" you refer to. It seems to me you're referring to the $2.5 mil prorated signing bonus. In that case, the Captain's numbers are correct, as noted here under the 2015 tab:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

The $5 mil dead cap for 2015 is the two remaining years of prorated signing bonus vs. the $12 mil cap hit of $8.5 mil salary + $2.5 mil prorated signing bonus + $1 mil roster and workout bonuses.

So, the question comes down to whether Peppers will be worth $9.5 mil in cash and $7 mil in net cap hit for 2015 as you originally stated. I'd say if he continues to play as he has and the defense does not significantly regress resulting in "back to the drawing board" perhaps under a different DC, he will and should be brought back.

The proposition for 2016 is similar...$8 mil cash, $10.5 mil cap hit, $2.5 mil dead cap, $8 mil net cap hit. That's a cart-in-front-of-the-horse proposition...we'll have to see what transpires into next season.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just talking football. And telling stories. This is a smaller controled forum. I figured the locals might get a bit of a picture of my track record on my out of the box predictions. And notice more that I am right much more than Im wrong. Notice the story this morning? About Cobb surely being a keeper, right? You think its a random that the story comes up right after I mention it, and back it up with solid logic? Its happened so many times. I mean one time they even used my funny and witty one liner that proved a theory, WORD FOR WORD! Thats when I knew I wasnt crazy:) THEY ARE WATCHING ME! LOL
Dont get me wrong. Im half joking and going off. Im not leading the Packers from the espn forum. lol But to say these other guys who live eat breath football 24/7/365, like I do. Are not doing it for a living? As writers, or scouts looking for ideas and info... Packers fans are known to have high football IQs. I find that to be true. If it was my job to talk football I would be here looking for ideas to steal so I can fill my quota of awesomeness..........:)

Dude, just shut up already. Seriously as other posters have already said, it means nothing at all for someone like you to come on here saying "I was right about this and this and this and was ridiculed for it!!!" No one likes an "I told you so" person and you seem to exclusively do that, and only that. "I told you guys I was right about this. I told you guys that was my original idea. I told you guys this should have been done earlier." Seriously, shut up. You sound like an idiot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had hoped to come back to some football disagreement Or agreement. At least a football point of some sort.

And I will be here proving it.... Judging by the comebacks, I suspect all you guys combined couldnt fill a sack full. So I dont expect any recognition or respect then either.

ANd nobody said Cobb wasnt a stud. I simply said we cant afford him when the defense will need to be paid. Everyone seems to think its a guarantee keep. But I dont think so. Our core has grown alot and if we keep him we lose like 3 up and coming guys. We already have our quota of expensive guys. Who thought Jennings was out of here? Cobb takes half the 8-10mil everyone thinks he's worth, then yea we get to keep him. All IMO. We will see.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and? I expected us to come out firing on all cylinders, and we looked like chiz. Did you expect to start 1-2 with Rodgers only 230 yards per game average and 1.66TDs/game? Our defense looked just as bad. Did you predict that?

No. Nobody did.

I expected them to look like they do now.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had hoped to come back to some football disagreement Or agreement. At least a football point of some sort.

And I will be here proving it.... Judging by the comebacks, I suspect all you guys combined couldnt fill a sack full. So I dont expect any recognition or respect then either.

ANd nobody said Cobb wasnt a stud. I simply said we cant afford him when the defense will need to be paid. Everyone seems to think its a guarantee keep. But I dont think so. Our core has grown alot and if we keep him we lose like 3 up and coming guys. We already have our quota of expensive guys. Who thought Jennings was out of here? Cobb takes half the 8-10mil everyone thinks he's worth, then yea we get to keep him. All IMO. We will see.

Once again you seem to be absolutely obsessed with being right and showing everyone and reminding everyone that you are right. It's very odd. All of your posts talk about how you are right and people are wrong, how you get no respect from other fans for being right. How you predicted things and now they are happening. Then your most recent post you talk about how you will stay here to "prove" your point and you then proceed to insult everyone on this board, almost like you are holier than thou and no one is at your level. You are a ****** bag, plain and simple. And that little link at the bottom of your post that says "Don't like what I'm saying? Put me on ignore" I'm going to do exactly that. I don't want to see another post from your delusional mind again.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol. Take a pill Dan. I disputed the Cobb comments and explained my terrible seattle prediction. Besides calling the whining witch hunters out for doing nothing but *****ing. Your most recent post falls in this category... And lastly. Isaid what I have to say about the lack of respect, and lack of acknowledgment on this board. I dont mention it often and wont here after. So get a grip.

You dont like the topic. Show respect when people tell their ideas. See what actually happens and talk about that... quit what ever it is you are doing. Its just mean. and your type is kind of tickin me off.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single paragraph was you stating how you had some idea you were right about. That's not one detail. That's *the* permeating detail.
And out of all those paragraphs of football talk. You pick one point not even related to football and attack. This is a football message board. Lets talk football.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I question the $2.5 mil "accelerated" you refer to. It seems to me you're referring to the $2.5 mil prorated signing bonus. In that case, the Captain's numbers are correct, as noted here under the 2015 tab:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

The $5 mil dead cap for 2015 is the two remaining years of prorated signing bonus vs. the $12 mil cap hit of $8.5 mil salary + $2.5 mil prorated signing bonus + $1 mil roster and workout bonuses.

So, the question comes down to whether Peppers will be worth $9.5 mil in cash and $7 mil in net cap hit for 2015 as you originally stated. I'd say if he continues to play as he has and the defense does not significantly regress resulting in "back to the drawing board" perhaps under a different DC, he will and should be brought back.

The proposition for 2016 is similar...$8 mil cash, $10.5 mil cap hit, $2.5 mil dead cap, $8 mil net cap hit. That's a cart-in-front-of-the-horse proposition...we'll have to see what transpires into next season.
Let me verify we are on the same page. $2.5m cap hit for 2015 if he is on the roster or not. If not then there is another $2.5m added to it for a total of $5m. If he is then it is the original $2.5m plus another $9.5m for 2015 with another $2.5m minimum in 2016. So being on the roster in 2015 would be another $7m more than not being there with another $2.5 in 2016 which in my book is a $9.5m even though part is committed the following year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
and? I expected us to come out firing on all cylinders, and we looked like chiz. Did you expect to start 1-2 with Rodgers only 230 yards per game average and 1.66TDs/game? Our defense looked just as bad. Did you predict that?

No. Nobody did.

I expected them to look like they do now.

Since your so fast to brag on how you were right, at least bring up how far off you were

I did actually think the Packers would lose the Seattle game

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Let me verify we are on the same page. $2.5m cap hit for 2015 if he is on the roster or not. If not then there is another $2.5m added to it for a total of $5m. If he is then it is the original $2.5m plus another $9.5m for 2015 with another $2.5m minimum in 2016. So being on the roster in 2015 would be another $7m more than not being there with another $2.5 in 2016 which in my book is a $9.5m even though part is committed the following year.
Ok, you guys seem to be having a problem with his cap number. He signed a 3 year contract with a $7.5 million signing bonus. He counts at least $5 million in cap hit next year no matter what. They paid him the $7.5 million. That is spread out over 3 years. IF he is cut, then the full measure of the $5 million he has left is taken off in the year he is cut. The following year there would be no cap hit. If he is on the roster next year he has a $12 million cap hit.

If he is a June 1st cut, then the cap is $2.5 million. So it really depends on when he is cut. If cut.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts