Packers D vs Vikings and Ponder

Who will have a better game: Ponder or Packers D?

• Total voters

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Got word that the Vikings are gonna start Ponder against the Packers. Good decision??
or will the Packers D eat him alive??

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Our defense is going to have quite a challenge on our hands. Christian Ponder has Michael Vick esq athleticism and Tom Brady level passing skills. We can only hope to contain such a force at the QB position. It's all up to Rodgers to rally our offense to put up more points against the GOAT that is Christian Ponder.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Our defense is going to have quite a challenge on our hands. Christian Ponder has Michael Vick esq athleticism and Tom Brady level passing skills. We can only hope to contain such a force at the QB position. It's all up to Rodgers to rally our offense to put up more points against the GOAT that is Christian Ponder.

But do you think this being his first start putting to much pressure on the kid? will he crack and make bad decisions?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ponder factor is going to be interesting. Our D has been improving each game, I'm not worried about them. I support the Vikings putting in Ponder over McNabb, they have to do something or at least make it look like they are doing something. Their season is pretty much over with, what have they to lose aside from Ponder if he gets injured. A variety of scenarios could result from this move. 1) Ponder comes in confident and cocky and has a respectable game for his first start. 2) Ponder is nervous starting against the Packers and makes stupid mistakes. 3) Ponder does so bad, the Vikings actually bring McNabb back. 4) Ponder starts off confident but gets rattled and starts making stupid mistakes. All of these scenarios should result in the Packers winning. There is no reason for us to lose this game. The Wildcard is Ponder. There is not much film on him aside from college and his brief showing in the Bears game. I like the Vikings strategy, trying to throw a monkey wrench (Ponder) into the Packers game planning. The Vikings won't be the only ones to learn what kind of QB they have in Ponder, the Packers will learn too as will the rest of the league. I actually think Ponder is going to make a good QB for the Vikings, I think he will fit well there. That is if there is anything left of him after the Packers D gets a hold of him!

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Ponder factor is going to be interesting. Our D has been improving each game, I'm not worried about them. I support the Vikings putting in Ponder over McNabb, they have to do something or at least make it look like they are doing something. Their season is pretty much over with, what have they to lose aside from Ponder if he gets injured. A variety of scenarios could result from this move. 1) Ponder comes in confident and cocky and has a respectable game for his first start. 2) Ponder is nervous starting against the Packers and makes stupid mistakes. 3) Ponder does so bad, the Vikings actually bring McNabb back. 4) Ponder starts off confident but gets rattled and starts making stupid mistakes. All of these scenarios should result in the Packers winning. There is no reason for us to lose this game. The Wildcard is Ponder. There is not much film on him aside from college and his brief showing in the Bears game. I like the Vikings strategy, trying to throw a monkey wrench (Ponder) into the Packers game planning. The Vikings won't be the only ones to learn what kind of QB they have in Ponder, the Packers will learn too as will the rest of the league. I actually think Ponder is going to make a good QB for the Vikings, I think he will fit well there. That is if there is anything left of him after the Packers D gets a hold of him!

I think your scenario 4 is spot on, I think Ponder will come out looking pretty good but he's gonna start to fold under pressure from Matthew's and the secondary. but like you said regardless of the way Ponder plays in his first start the Packers should come out with the win for sure, But I do hope that Ponder is a good fit for the Vikings because I did really like him in college I think he's a very solid quarterback. i'm looking forward to see what Ponder does with the Vikings I think it was the best choice for the Vikings to bench McNabb.
what do you think about the match up between the Packers O-line and the Vikings D-line?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your scenario 4 is spot on, I think Ponder will come out looking pretty good but he's gonna start to fold under pressure from Matthew's and the secondary. but like you said regardless of the way Ponder plays in his first start the Packers should come out with the win for sure, But I do hope that Ponder is a good fit for the Vikings because I did really like him in college I think he's a very solid quarterback. i'm looking forward to see what Ponder does with the Vikings I think it was the best choice for the Vikings to bench McNabb.
what do you think about the match up between the Packers O-line and the Vikings D-line?

I'm going an answer that question with a question. If the Bears offense (Cutler and Forte to simplify) can put up those kind of numbers against the Vikings, can you imagine what our offense (Aaron and an infinite arsenal of weapons) will do to them? In short, I think our offense will shatter their defense. The Vikings best hope to do anything in this game lies with their offense, now on the shoulders of Ponder.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'm going an answer that question with a question. If the Bears offense (Cutler and Forte to simplify) can put up those kind of numbers against the Vikings, can you imagine what our offense (Aaron and an infinite arsenal of weapons) will do to them? In short, I think our offense will shatter their defense. The Vikings best hope to do anything in this game lies with their offense, now on the shoulders of Ponder.

Do you think Jarad Allen will come away with a few sacks?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I hope not! At least not this week. However, Allen is a good player, pass rusher, you can never rule him out.

This is definitely going to be the biggest test for Newhouse, this is his chance to prove why he's a Packer and hopefully he does a good job of that and keeps Aaron Rodgers on his feet for another hat trick

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is definitely going to be the biggest test for Newhouse, this is his chance to prove why he's a Packer and hopefully he does a good job of that and keeps Aaron Rodgers on his feet for another hat trick

Indeed, Newhouse and Sherrod alike. Until we get Bulaga back, these are our guys. I honestly have been very impressed with both of them.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Indeed, Newhouse and Sherrod alike. Until we get Bulaga back, these are our guys. I honestly have been very impressed with both of them.

They have been doing very well under the circumstances they have been givin' I've been enjoying these guys play.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Peterson is what concerns me the most going into this game.

I look for Ponder to throw the ball around, but under heavy pass rush. I believe we can bring it to him, and once you rattle a quarterback around and constantly blitz them, they are going to make mistakes. Peterson still is the back bone of this team. They are gonna try and run it down our throats, and we all know it. There's a reason he gets so many carries. Without him, this team would probably be 0-6.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that I am concerned about is that we are not really able to gameplan for him... that said, I think he plays us well in the first quarter with 1 td but then Capers and the gang will make the necessary adjustments like they do and shut him down for the rest of the game.

Packers win 45-24 (AP goes for 2 scores).

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect to see a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson, which the Packers will gear up to stop in an attempt to force Ponder to beat them through the air. With Jarrett Bush likely getting the start in place of Sam Shields, our secondary has a larger soft spot than I would like. However, the Vikings O-line isn't very good, and their starting center will be out, leaving the doors open for us to bring lots of pressure. I believe mistakes by Ponder will be aplenty.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Peterson is what concerns me the most going into this game.

I look for Ponder to throw the ball around, but under heavy pass rush. I believe we can bring it to him, and once you rattle a quarterback around and constantly blitz them, they are going to make mistakes. Peterson still is the back bone of this team. They are gonna try and run it down our throats, and we all know it. There's a reason he gets so many carries. Without him, this team would probably be 0-6.

I'm also going to be looking for play action because the Packers are going to be expecting a heavy rushing game, so don't rule out Ponder and that play action to burn us

Members online

Latest posts