1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers at Texans (Sun, 10/25 - 1pm)

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by XPack, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:

Good post/report, thanks for compiling it.

I highlighted this one because it is exactly what I was referring to in one of my earlier posts. The casual fan is going to watch that play and say "Damn it Rodgers threw behind him, had he led Adam, he picks up more yards". Yet if you look at the play, as you did, you notice maybe why the pass had to be thrown a bit behind Adams and what would have happened had a less experienced QB made the throw the way that casual fan thinks it should have been thrown.

Again, Aaron Rodgers is not god, he misses throws. But sometimes there is a reason that a throw was "missed" and the reason isn't always what you and I see in a split second, with one camera angle of the play.

Reminds me of some of the media guru's who are bored and want to "count all the open receivers on a particular play that Rodgers "didn't see". What they often conveniently leave out of the picture or the discussion are defenders just out of the picture, where Rodgers eyes are, where his body/feet are positioned and where the Defensive players are in relation to Rodgers. Oh and the fact that Rodgers is seeing this in real time, from ground level, not a birds eye view can add another element not mentioned in the analysis.

2. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Perhaps if it was an opinion “respectfully submitted” the reaction would have been different..... the amount of passive aggressiveness and dismissive attitude you portray when you “correct others mistakes” is apparently not even something you are aware of. You are certainly allowed your opinion... but I would not have called it what I did if you had been at all respectful. The fact is that it is just that an opinion ... not fact despite the two long posts above .... I’m done with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    My site acting odd too..freezing up

Where did I tell him to respect your opinion?? those words were not typed by me.

If your implying it because I agreed with him, thats reaching because you want to bitch at me for something. Thats on you for seeing trees with out a forest

You dont like me and look for anything to attack and thats fine.

However, its okay for you to disrespect me or other mods but how dare we fight back??

I did nothing wrong other than agree with a post.

Im done and you wont get anything else from me

4. longtimefan

Packer Fan Since:
    Good call

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just going off memory, neither TD to Adams was all that great. he had some really good plays in that game. But i think saying his accuracy was a bit off is more than fair. running a route shading to the middle of the field and away from the defender is an easy catch and run to the endzone for any receiver. Rodgers threw it to the other shoulder and towards the defender. Adams had to do a 180 while going down field wide open, slow, catch then change direction to outrun the defender. Great play by Adams and not an easy catch by any means.

That play was a TD as run for every receiver on our team with a well thrown ball, I don't think it's a catch for most of them the way it was thrown and it's only a TD because it happened to be Adams who has tremendous control of his feet and his body on the fly.

on his other TD running to the right of the endzone, he threw it back behind him towards the defender. Not terrible, but certainly not out in front where it should be. Catchable yes. Better coverage? Probably not. Better ball against better coverage? Likely still a TD.

There were more and I think most of us saw it and it's ok to note it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Good points, Mondio. I have noticed his accuracy is slightly off at times for whatever reasons, yet many other times it's still the lethal accuracy that we came to consider automatic in past years. Is it just one of those things now and then, or a slight sign of decline?

7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think he's still more than capable. someone else pointed it out too, and I kind of noticed that since the Tampa game, feet aren't as disciplined and not as crisp with passing. he's a man of details, I think he gets it back under control.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yep, no matter how good you are or how long you been doing it you've got to keep working on things to keep sharp.

9. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Expectations, nit picking, maybe a bit of getting older, if you are asking me. This kind of reminds me of the "we are 6-0 when Davante is hurt" thread. Kind of a nothing burger, that someone is trying to turn into a 7 course meal. What QB throws a perfect ball on every pass? Was there a reason the pass wasn't perfect and by "perfect", I mean in the eyes of the viewer grading it? While I don't watch a ton of other football, I have watched enough to know the difference between a QB that struggles with accuracy and a QB that for whatever reason isn't spot on with each and every throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Happy New Year.

Packer Fan Since:
    Can I just wait for the movie ? :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    You have way too much time on your hands dude.

bottom line is, we don't know the playbook, IMO some of those passes may have been a bit inaccurate from Rodgers and therefore reeled in nicely by whatever WR. others may be that the WR was not where AR expected them to be. and some will be like you have suggested, to have been good adjustment from AR to get the throw where it needs to be to heighten the chance of a completion/lessen chance of pick/sack

12. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Not signaling you out, I assume you said that tongue in cheek. Just figured your post was a good segue into the following....

If my information is correct, HRE has left the forum. While some of you seemed to not get along with him and some consistently complained about his long posts, I will miss what I often found to be well researched information and thoughts by HRE. I never felt like I HAD to read all of his posts, but he put it all out there for people to sift through if they wanted it.

Lot's of personalities visit this place and lots of testosterone at times, but always sad to see someone run off that at least IMO added more than he took away from this place.

All that said, the ignore feature is my best friend. I have only had to use it a few times, but if you really don't see eye to eye with someone, give it a try.

• Like Like x 3
  13. longtimefan

Packer Fan Since:
    if he left then why was he here 40 mins ago?

Either he wants to wash his hands of this or he doesnt...he is a valuable poster here..

its a shame, he just always had issues with me or other mods.

I agreed with a posters view point and he took it way different than it should have been.

He disrespected me and I didnt say anything really to retaliate.

Its a shame

14. buggybill2003

Packer Fan Since:
    I thought he`d left too.

15. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    No clue. I was just reporting the news of a quality poster leaving, I try to stay out of the headlines.

16. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    When did you get this news? I hope it isn’t true. I find value in all our members.

17. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, I would just like to get rid of this post so hopefully this does that.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  18. PikeBadger

Packer Fan Since:
    Thank you

19. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yep, it was said in jest

shame to see anyone leaving the forum. there are a few posters of longer views that I sometimes agree with, sometimes not. but I do try to read most of these, and these have helped me have a better understanding of the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. buggybill2003

Packer Fan Since:
    Sadly HRE told me himself yesterday he was deleting his account.

21. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    That’s unfortunate.

For all his talk, he sure has thin skin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Yup and sadly those few here who continually find the need to poke the bears will not learn a thing and continue to do so, long after he is gone.

23. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    With all due respect, I’ve seen you go after posters just as much as anybody else.

That’s kind of what happens on a message board. I don’t think anybody actually dislikes anybody here. I know I certainly don’t dislike anyone here. I can disagree with takes, and still not dislike somebody. Crazy how that works.

24. PikeBadger

Packer Fan Since:
    He left because someone said, you got too much time on your hands???

25. buggybill2003

Packer Fan Since:
    I`m happy to discuss it in PM

• Like Like x 1