Packers at Texans (Sun, 10/25 - 1pm)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
2. first quarter, 11:31, throw behind Adams on a short crosser that Adams reeled in. That was a good throw. Had Rodgers led Adams more the ball would have bounced off the leaping Watt, or worse. Uncanny, actually.

Good post/report, thanks for compiling it.

I highlighted this one because it is exactly what I was referring to in one of my earlier posts. The casual fan is going to watch that play and say "Damn it Rodgers threw behind him, had he led Adam, he picks up more yards". Yet if you look at the play, as you did, you notice maybe why the pass had to be thrown a bit behind Adams and what would have happened had a less experienced QB made the throw the way that casual fan thinks it should have been thrown.

Again, Aaron Rodgers is not god, he misses throws. But sometimes there is a reason that a throw was "missed" and the reason isn't always what you and I see in a split second, with one camera angle of the play.

Reminds me of some of the media guru's who are bored and want to "count all the open receivers on a particular play that Rodgers "didn't see". What they often conveniently leave out of the picture or the discussion are defenders just out of the picture, where Rodgers eyes are, where his body/feet are positioned and where the Defensive players are in relation to Rodgers. Oh and the fact that Rodgers is seeing this in real time, from ground level, not a birds eye view can add another element not mentioned in the analysis.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of takeways from the rundown in my previous post.

• The throws not listed were spot on the money.
  • If you're going to get on your phone to thumb out a one-liner summing up Rodgers first half All Pro performance it probably shouldn't be, "Rodgers is completing a lot of passes .... but his accuracy has not been all that great."
  • After putting up a 23-34-283-4-0 stat line that statement borders on an oxymoron and you probably shouldn't double down. When you take out the 5 prudent throwaways and the MVS drop, you're at 23-28. Now you're really at the point of an oxymoron, having missed the forest for the trees entirely.
  • But that's OK. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Several have chimed in to agree with that assessment. That's OK too. What you should not do, however, is call the opposing opinion, respectfully submitted, "bullsh*t". That's just stupid, and I use that word rarely and with careful consideration. What really frosts me and what's really stupid is having a moderator back that up in calling out the other guy.
Perhaps if it was an opinion “respectfully submitted” the reaction would have been different..... the amount of passive aggressiveness and dismissive attitude you portray when you “correct others mistakes” is apparently not even something you are aware of. You are certainly allowed your opinion... but I would not have called it what I did if you had been at all respectful. The fact is that it is just that an opinion ... not fact despite the two long posts above .... I’m done with this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What ****** me off is having a moderator tell me and not the other guy to respect opinions. That's BS. Is that because you happen to agree with that opinion? There's your moderator BS.

My site acting odd too..freezing up

Where did I tell him to respect your opinion?? those words were not typed by me.

If your implying it because I agreed with him, thats reaching because you want to ***** at me for something. Thats on you for seeing trees with out a forest

You dont like me and look for anything to attack and thats fine.

However, its okay for you to disrespect me or other mods but how dare we fight back??

I did nothing wrong other than agree with a post.

Im done and you wont get anything else from me

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going off memory, neither TD to Adams was all that great. he had some really good plays in that game. But i think saying his accuracy was a bit off is more than fair. running a route shading to the middle of the field and away from the defender is an easy catch and run to the endzone for any receiver. Rodgers threw it to the other shoulder and towards the defender. Adams had to do a 180 while going down field wide open, slow, catch then change direction to outrun the defender. Great play by Adams and not an easy catch by any means.

That play was a TD as run for every receiver on our team with a well thrown ball, I don't think it's a catch for most of them the way it was thrown and it's only a TD because it happened to be Adams who has tremendous control of his feet and his body on the fly.

on his other TD running to the right of the endzone, he threw it back behind him towards the defender. Not terrible, but certainly not out in front where it should be. Catchable yes. Better coverage? Probably not. Better ball against better coverage? Likely still a TD.

There were more and I think most of us saw it and it's ok to note it.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points, Mondio. I have noticed his accuracy is slightly off at times for whatever reasons, yet many other times it's still the lethal accuracy that we came to consider automatic in past years. Is it just one of those things now and then, or a slight sign of decline?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points, Mondio. I have noticed his accuracy is slightly off at times for whatever reasons, yet many other times it's still the lethal accuracy that we came to consider automatic in past years. Is it just one of those things now and then, or a slight sign of decline?
I think he's still more than capable. someone else pointed it out too, and I kind of noticed that since the Tampa game, feet aren't as disciplined and not as crisp with passing. he's a man of details, I think he gets it back under control.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, no matter how good you are or how long you been doing it you've got to keep working on things to keep sharp.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is it just one of those things now and then, or a slight sign of decline?

Expectations, nit picking, maybe a bit of getting older, if you are asking me. This kind of reminds me of the "we are 6-0 when Davante is hurt" thread. Kind of a nothing burger, that someone is trying to turn into a 7 course meal. What QB throws a perfect ball on every pass? Was there a reason the pass wasn't perfect and by "perfect", I mean in the eyes of the viewer grading it? While I don't watch a ton of other football, I have watched enough to know the difference between a QB that struggles with accuracy and a QB that for whatever reason isn't spot on with each and every throw.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

OK, sports fans, here's a breakdown of Rodgers possible "inaccuracies" inaccuracies if you were not paying attention. The actual candidates are in bold.

1. first quarter, 12:04, short out thrown behind MVS. That's a -1.

2. first quarter, 11:31, throw behind Adams on a short crosser that Adams reeled in. That was a good throw. Had Rodgers led Adams more the ball would have bounced off the leaping Watt, or worse. Uncanny, actually.

3. first quarter, 9:21, throw to Adams front shoulder instead leading to the sidelines. Nothing wrong with that. He had the room for that throw and Adams walked in for the TD.

4. first quarter, 7:15, throw away toward Lewis with blanketed coverage on everybody in sight. It was 1st. and 10. Good decision.

5. first quarter, 0:50, "underthrow" behind Adams. That's a back shoulder toss, folks, put where it needed to be against tight coverage with Adams making a terrific adjustment to the ball. We should be calling that an All Pro pitch and catch.

6. second quarter, 13:33, a bit "off target" to Sternberger who one-handed it for the TD. Of course there was a free rusher and Rodgers had to flip it over his outstreched arms. Good throw.

7. second quarter, 9:29, a throw a bit inside to the diving Tonyan for 31 yard gain. Or did Tonyan make a late adjustment to the ball flight, a lob more than a bullet? Rodgers led him to the side where Tonyan was looking. This is an example of perfect being the enemy of the good. Give the throw a 0 grade if you prefer though that remains in question.

8. second quarter, 7:29, a throw away toward MVS. MVS in a blanketed double team with Rodgers about to be sacked by any one of three unblocked defenders. Good decision.

9. second quarter, 2:59, low throw to Adams on an intermediate crosser who made the catch going to the ground. LOL. The throw was behind two dropping LBs and in front of two closing safeties. 8 yards, in the danger zone, against a defense set up for that route, and nobody lays a hand on your guy. That's one of those small wins that's bigger than it looks with 4 defenders standing over Adams wondering WTF do they have to do?

10. second quarter, 2:03, "misfired" back shoulder to Adams incomplete. The pass blocking was messed up, the blind side side edge rusher was unblocked, there was a blitz coming on the right side. So, in SOP blitz reaction, Rodgers threw short to that side in the hopes that Adams would have read blitz and cut off the route. Better than nothin'. Sometimes sh*t happens that doesn't have anything to do with the QB. Rodgers was not happy with somebody(s) after that one and who could blame him. This is another one of those 1st. and 10s where you live to fight another day, or another down as it were.

OK. We're at the end of the first half. 15-20, 182 yds, 3 TDs, with all those "innacuracies" adding up to an All Pro performance. Shall we go on? Lets. It's 21-0. Maybe we'll see more de-risked throws in the second half. At least there's fewer to look at which we can all be thankful for.

11. 3rd. quarter, 4:44, throw behind Adams. It might have been tipped at the line. Call it zero or -1 as you see fit. Maybe this idea that Rodgers was missing Adams on several occasions has to do with the fact they re-ran this play 4 times from 4 angles. It was only one play, guys :whistling: and maybe not a bad throw.

12. On the very next play the throw to Adams was a little off to the wrong shoulder and the play went for a 45 yd. touchdown. Only in the world of the Packer forum, where perfection is the enemy of the good, would somebody complain about that throw. It was placed where any half decent receiver who doesn't trip over his own feet would catch it. If one bothers to get out much, one would know good QBs throw balls like this all the time. Not many ice games with them.

The Texans have now been defeated. What's left?

13. 3rd. quarter, 3:04, nobody's open, Rodgers tries to extend and throws it at Lewis' feet with guys draped on him and avoids the sack. Good play by the QB. It might have helped if Lewis did something besides standing like a statue for 1, 2, 3 counts. It's a scramble drill, dude.

14. On the next play Adams is double teamed high-low. Throw away is the right idea.

15. 4th. quarter, 9:52, nobody open, the pass rush in his face. Throw away, again the right idea.

16. On the next play, a screen to Williams, Turner didn't even chip the edge who came in free and knocked it down. Rodgers has a look somewhere between, "what are you doing, Turmer?" and "can we please get outa here without a pick 6?"

17. On the next play Rodgers delivers a nice ball where the defender can't get it. MVS drops it. Rodgers is controlling his frustration as has been his habit this year.

18. 4th. quarter, 4:41, ball thrown behind Adams. Wrong. Classic, well executed, back shoulder throw where the defender has no chance. 16 yards.

Can I just wait for the movie ? :eek:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, sports fans, here's a breakdown of Rodgers possible "inaccuracies" inaccuracies if you were not paying attention. The actual candidates are in bold.

1. first quarter, 12:04, short out thrown behind MVS. That's a -1.

3. first quarter, 9:21, throw to Adams front shoulder instead leading to the sidelines. Nothing wrong with that. He had the room for that throw and Adams walked in for the TD.

4. first quarter, 7:15, throw away toward Lewis with blanketed coverage on everybody in sight. It was 1st. and 10. Good decision.

5. first quarter, 0:50, "underthrow" behind Adams. That's a back shoulder toss, folks, put where it needed to be against tight coverage with Adams making a terrific adjustment to the ball. We should be calling that an All Pro pitch and catch.

6. second quarter, 13:33, a bit "off target" to Sternberger who one-handed it for the TD. Of course there was a free rusher and Rodgers had to flip it over his outstreched arms. Good throw.

7. second quarter, 9:29, a throw a bit inside to the diving Tonyan for 31 yard gain. Or did Tonyan make a late adjustment to the ball flight, a lob more than a bullet? Rodgers led him to the side where Tonyan was looking. This is an example of perfect being the enemy of the good. Give the throw a 0 grade if you prefer though that remains in question.

8. second quarter, 7:29, a throw away toward MVS. MVS in a blanketed double team with Rodgers about to be sacked by any one of three unblocked defenders. Good decision.

9. second quarter, 2:59, low throw to Adams on an intermediate crosser who made the catch going to the ground. LOL. The throw was behind two dropping LBs and in front of two closing safeties. 8 yards, in the danger zone, against a defense set up for that route, and nobody lays a hand on your guy. That's one of those small wins that's bigger than it looks with 4 defenders standing over Adams wondering WTF do they have to do?

10. second quarter, 2:03, "misfired" back shoulder to Adams incomplete. The pass blocking was messed up, the blind side side edge rusher was unblocked, there was a blitz coming on the right side. So, in SOP blitz reaction, Rodgers threw short to that side in the hopes that Adams would have read blitz and cut off the route. Better than nothin'. Sometimes sh*t happens that doesn't have anything to do with the QB. Rodgers was not happy with somebody(s) after that one and who could blame him. This is another one of those 1st. and 10s where you live to fight another day, or another down as it were.

OK. We're at the end of the first half. 15-20, 182 yds, 3 TDs, with all those "innacuracies" adding up to an All Pro performance. Shall we go on? Lets. It's 21-0. Maybe we'll see more de-risked throws in the second half. At least there's fewer to look at which we can all be thankful for.

11. 3rd. quarter, 4:44, throw behind Adams. It might have been tipped at the line. Call it zero or -1 as you see fit. Maybe this idea that Rodgers was missing Adams on several occasions has to do with the fact they re-ran this play 4 times from 4 angles. It was only one play, guys :whistling: and maybe not a bad throw.

12. On the very next play the throw to Adams was a little off to the wrong shoulder and the play went for a 45 yd. touchdown. Only in the world of the Packer forum, where perfection is the enemy of the good, would somebody complain about that throw. It was placed where any half decent receiver who doesn't trip over his own feet would catch it. If one bothers to get out much, one would know good QBs throw balls like this all the time. Not many ice games with them.

The Texans have now been defeated. What's left?

13. 3rd. quarter, 3:04, nobody's open, Rodgers tries to extend and throws it at Lewis' feet with guys draped on him and avoids the sack. Good play by the QB. It might have helped if Lewis did something besides standing like a statue for 1, 2, 3 counts. It's a scramble drill, dude.

14. On the next play Adams is double teamed high-low. Throw away is the right idea.

15. 4th. quarter, 9:52, nobody open, the pass rush in his face. Throw away, again the right idea.

16. On the next play, a screen to Williams, Turner didn't even chip the edge who came in free and knocked it down. Rodgers has a look somewhere between, "what are you doing, Turmer?" and "can we please get outa here without a pick 6?"

17. On the next play Rodgers delivers a nice ball where the defender can't get it. MVS drops it. Rodgers is controlling his frustration as has been his habit this year.

18. 4th. quarter, 4:41, ball thrown behind Adams. Wrong. Classic, well executed, back shoulder throw where the defender has no chance. 16 yards.

You have way too much time on your hands dude.

bottom line is, we don't know the playbook, IMO some of those passes may have been a bit inaccurate from Rodgers and therefore reeled in nicely by whatever WR. others may be that the WR was not where AR expected them to be. and some will be like you have suggested, to have been good adjustment from AR to get the throw where it needs to be to heighten the chance of a completion/lessen chance of pick/sack

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You have way too much time on your hands dude.

Not signaling you out, I assume you said that tongue in cheek. Just figured your post was a good segue into the following....

If my information is correct, HRE has left the forum. While some of you seemed to not get along with him and some consistently complained about his long posts, I will miss what I often found to be well researched information and thoughts by HRE. I never felt like I HAD to read all of his posts, but he put it all out there for people to sift through if they wanted it.

Lot's of personalities visit this place and lots of testosterone at times, but always sad to see someone run off that at least IMO added more than he took away from this place.

All that said, the ignore feature is my best friend. I have only had to use it a few times, but if you really don't see eye to eye with someone, give it a try.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not signaling you out, I assume you said that tongue in cheek. Just figured your post was a good segue into the following....

If my information is correct, HRE has left the forum. While some of you seemed to not get along with him and some consistently complained about his long posts, I will miss what I often found to be well researched information and thoughts by HRE. I never felt like I HAD to read all of his posts, but he put it all out there for people to sift through if they wanted it.

Lot's of personalities visit this place and lots of testosterone at times, but always sad to see someone run off that at least IMO added more than he took away from this place.

All that said, the ignore feature is my best friend. I have only had to use it a few times, but if you really don't see eye to eye with someone, give it a try.
if he left then why was he here 40 mins ago?

Either he wants to wash his hands of this or he doesnt...he is a valuable poster here..

its a shame, he just always had issues with me or other mods.

I agreed with a posters view point and he took it way different than it should have been.

He disrespected me and I didnt say anything really to retaliate.

Its a shame

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I would just like to get rid of this post so hopefully this does that.

Last edited:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep, it was said in jest

shame to see anyone leaving the forum. there are a few posters of longer views that I sometimes agree with, sometimes not. but I do try to read most of these, and these have helped me have a better understanding of the game

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and sadly those few here who continually find the need to poke the bears will not learn a thing and continue to do so, long after he is gone.

With all due respect, I’ve seen you go after posters just as much as anybody else.

That’s kind of what happens on a message board. I don’t think anybody actually dislikes anybody here. I know I certainly don’t dislike anyone here. I can disagree with takes, and still not dislike somebody. Crazy how that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts