Packers at Texans (Sun, 10/25 - 1pm)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just noticed while a was watching that Rodgers was not leading receivers well while they are running horizontally. That is simply a backyard play. When a receiver is running right to left or vice versa, you lead them. A good pass leads them properly. Not complicated. I am only referring to those kind of passes. Not long passes. Maybe I was not too clear on that part.

Again, Rodgers isn't GOD. He is going to miss throws, or the receivers timing is off on the route, or a defender is in the passing lane or.........we as fans don't know exactly what was off.

Basically, not everything is always as simple as "well Rodgers overshot THAT guy". What makes Rodgers special is his ability to get a ball to a spot where most can't, he won't do that on every throw. What has made WR's in Green Bay special are the ones that can get themselves open, seem to be on the same page as Rodgers, run precision routes, have a large catch radius and catch most everything that is in that zone. Adams is the only Packer WR that is currently on that level.

Through the years, Rodgers bad games seem to come when he is physically and/or mentally shoved out of his game. The defenses that give him the most fits are the ones that provide him very little time to find a receiver. The offenses (his) that give him the most fits are the ones that have receivers that can't get open, run the wrong routes or drop balls. Both of those situations create a very frustrated Rodgers and you can see it in his face and eventually it can be reflected in his play. Combine the 2 like we saw in Tampa Bay and its a recipe for disaster.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, Rodgers isn't GOD. He is going to miss throws, or the receivers timing is off on the route, or a defender is in the passing lane or.........we as fans don't know exactly what was off.

Basically, not everything is always as simple as "well Rodgers overshot THAT guy". What makes Rodgers special is his ability to get a ball to a spot where most can't, he won't do that on every throw. What has made WR's in Green Bay special are the ones that can get themselves open, seem to be on the same page as Rodgers, run precision routes, have a large catch radius and catch most everything that is in that zone. Adams is the only Packer WR that is currently on that level.

Through the years, Rodgers bad games seem to come when he is physically and/or mentally shoved out of his game. The defenses that give him the most fits are the ones that provide him very little time to find a receiver. The offenses (his) that give him the most fits are the ones that have receivers that can't get open, run the wrong routes or drop balls. Both of those situations create a very frustrated Rodgers and you can see it in his face and eventually it can be reflected in his play. Combine the 2 like we saw in Tampa Bay and its a recipe for disaster.
I think this has gone a bit beyond the scope of my original statement. Again I think Rodgers’ accuracy was a little off yesterday compared to his usual abilities. I think it did affect yards after catch in several instances. i distinctly remember a few catches where I was thinking to myself, if that ball had been placed a little bit better, that receiver (usually Adams) would have gone a lot further. It’s not the end of the world... it was just an observation... at the time, I was wondering if he was a little gunshy after last week’s performance... who knows.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this has gone a bit beyond the scope of my original statement. Again I think Rodgers’ accuracy was a little off yesterday compared to his usual abilities. I think it did affect yards after catch in several instances. i distinctly remember a few catches where I was thinking to myself, if that ball had been placed a little bit better, that receiver (usually Adams) would have gone a lot further. It’s not the end of the world... it was just an observation... at the time, I was wondering if he was a little gunshy after last week’s performance... who knows.
I agree but I think it is important.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I agree but I think it is important.

I understand what you are both saying and trying to convey, but to expect every throw to be right in the perfect window, is expecting to much. Let's face it, Adams can sometimes take a bad throw and do something with it, I don't think you have that big of a margin of error with the other receivers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you are both saying and trying to convey, but to expect every throw to be right in the perfect window, is expecting to much. Let's face it, Adams can sometimes take a bad throw and do something with it, I don't think you have that big of a margin of error with the other receivers.
In this case, I don’t think I’m expecting too much ... because the whole point of my original statement was that I think Rodgers was a little off compared to his usual accuracy. At no point was I calling him a dud or anything beyond that. Just that he didn’t seem quite up to his usual performance. It happens .... most of the balls were still caught etc.... It was a simple statement that for some reason people want to make a very big deal about.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose there is anxiety in thinking this team will struggle to beat good defenses, particularly those with pass rushes the O-Line can't handle, requiring Rodgers perfection. That anxiety may be justified.
I agree but TBH most teams struggle to beat good defenses if the O-line can't handle the D-line.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this case, I don’t think I’m expecting too much ... because the whole point of my original statement was that I think Rodgers was a little off compared to his usual accuracy. At no point was I calling him a dud or anything beyond that. Just that he didn’t seem quite up to his usual performance. It happens .... most of the balls were still caught etc.... It was a simple statement that for some reason people want to make a very big deal about.
i agree. he was off a bit but not so much that it affected the game much. the more he changes the play (goes "off schedule" as they put it) the more his accuracy suffers. he's been more accurate this year than last, as he's said he's changed something in his delivery, but accuracy as a whole has been down for a few years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, maybe. I'll break it down as I said providing I'm not suspended after this post. And it should be OK to point out to somebody who only wants to focus on the two or three that it's a narrow perspective not warranting a bullsh*t call. So, go call out the other guy, why doncha?

Maybe I should call you out for bullsh*t in focusing only on my comments while letting the other guy slide? I suppose I should be used to it by now.

Because it was bull **** lol

Rodgers on at least 2 throws?? Was behind adams and had NOTHING to do with putting where defender couldnt get it..it was bad placement

Stop trying to assume your doing something wrong to warrant a suspension.

I knew I shouldnt have taken you off ignore

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i agree. he was off a bit but not so much that it affected the game much. the more he changes the play (goes "off schedule" as they put it) the more his accuracy suffers. he's been more accurate this year than last, as he's said he's changed something in his delivery, but accuracy as a whole has been down for a few years.

Cant say he was off...thats not acceptable but if a rookie rb only gets 2 yards, better get pissed
off.. Or a 2nd yr dl doesnt get 15 sacks he is a waste.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You mean like the 1st one he caught? Where it was behind? Him?
Also notice that the defenders were also behind him... pretty sure that ball placement wasn’t intentional to avoid the defenders. it’s also not the end of the world... just an observation.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Off the top of my head, there was the pass to Tonyan, it was a bad pass. Crosser to Adams that was low and behind him, luckily Adams caught it. In breaker to Adams that was high and behind him, almost resulted in a pick. An out to MVS (I think on 3rd down) that just flat missed. A few more to Adams that were just misplaced. Even the TD throw to Adams (the long one) was off. Oh! A slant to Adams where if it was in place he would’ve had another 15-20 yards easy. Still a first down, but not a good pass.

Rodgers wasn’t bad. Seemed like to my eyes his footwork was a little rushed and lazy. Reminiscent of the last couple years. Hope he fixes it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, there was the pass to Tonyan, it was a bad pass. Crosser to Adams that was low and behind him, luckily Adams caught it. In breaker to Adams that was high and behind him, almost resulted in a pick. An out to MVS (I think on 3rd down) that just flat missed. A few more to Adams that were just misplaced. Even the TD throw to Adams (the long one) was off. Oh! A slant to Adams where if it was in place he would’ve had another 15-20 yards easy. Still a first down, but not a good pass.

Rodgers wasn’t bad. Seemed like to my eyes his footwork was a little rushed and lazy. Reminiscent of the last couple years. Hope he fixes it.
I find this something to be concerned about. I’m not sure how good of coaching he is receiving in this regard or how well he pays attention to the coaching.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find this something to be concerned about. I’m not sure how good of coaching he is receiving in this regard or how well he pays attention to the coaching.

He was doing a really good job of it up to the Tampa game. He noticed it before, I think he’ll notice it again.

H

HardRightEdge

OK, sports fans, here's a breakdown of Rodgers possible "inaccuracies" inaccuracies if you were not paying attention. The actual candidates are in bold.

1. first quarter, 12:04, short out thrown behind MVS. That's a -1.

2. first quarter, 11:31, throw behind Adams on a short crosser that Adams reeled in. That was a good throw. Had Rodgers led Adams more the ball would have bounced off the leaping Watt, or worse. Uncanny, actually.

3. first quarter, 9:21, throw to Adams front shoulder instead leading to the sidelines. Nothing wrong with that. He had the room for that throw and Adams walked in for the TD.

4. first quarter, 7:15, throw away toward Lewis with blanketed coverage on everybody in sight. It was 1st. and 10. Good decision.

5. first quarter, 0:50, "underthrow" behind Adams. That's a back shoulder toss, folks, put where it needed to be against tight coverage with Adams making a terrific adjustment to the ball. We should be calling that an All Pro pitch and catch.

6. second quarter, 13:33, a bit "off target" to Sternberger who one-handed it for the TD. Of course there was a free rusher and Rodgers had to flip it over his outstreched arms. Good throw.

7. second quarter, 9:29, a throw a bit inside to the diving Tonyan for 31 yard gain. Or did Tonyan make a late adjustment to the ball flight, a lob more than a bullet? Rodgers led him to the side where Tonyan was looking. This is an example of perfect being the enemy of the good. Give the throw a 0 grade if you prefer though that remains in question.

8. second quarter, 7:29, a throw away toward MVS. MVS in a blanketed double team with Rodgers about to be sacked by any one of three unblocked defenders. Good decision.

9. second quarter, 2:59, low throw to Adams on an intermediate crosser who made the catch going to the ground. LOL. The throw was behind two dropping LBs and in front of two closing safeties. 8 yards, in the danger zone, against a defense set up for that route, and nobody lays a hand on your guy. That's one of those small wins that's bigger than it looks with 4 defenders standing over Adams wondering WTF do they have to do?

10. second quarter, 2:03, "misfired" back shoulder to Adams incomplete. The pass blocking was messed up, the blind side side edge rusher was unblocked, there was a blitz coming on the right side. So, in SOP blitz reaction, Rodgers threw short to that side in the hopes that Adams would have read blitz and cut off the route. Better than nothin'. Sometimes sh*t happens that doesn't have anything to do with the QB. Rodgers was not happy with somebody(s) after that one and who could blame him. This is another one of those 1st. and 10s where you live to fight another day, or another down as it were.

OK. We're at the end of the first half. 15-20, 182 yds, 3 TDs, with all those "innacuracies" adding up to an All Pro performance. Shall we go on? Lets. It's 21-0. Maybe we'll see more de-risked throws in the second half. At least there's fewer to look at which we can all be thankful for.

11. 3rd. quarter, 4:44, throw behind Adams. It might have been tipped at the line. Call it zero or -1 as you see fit. Maybe this idea that Rodgers was missing Adams on several occasions has to do with the fact they re-ran this play 4 times from 4 angles. It was only one play, guys :whistling: and maybe not a bad throw.

12. On the very next play the throw to Adams was a little off to the wrong shoulder and the play went for a 45 yd. touchdown. Only in the world of the Packer forum, where perfection is the enemy of the good, would somebody complain about that throw. It was placed where any half decent receiver who doesn't trip over his own feet would catch it. If one bothers to get out much, one would know good QBs throw balls like this all the time. Not many ice games with them.

The Texans have now been defeated. What's left?

13. 3rd. quarter, 3:04, nobody's open, Rodgers tries to extend and throws it at Lewis' feet with guys draped on him and avoids the sack. Good play by the QB. It might have helped if Lewis did something besides standing like a statue for 1, 2, 3 counts. It's a scramble drill, dude.

14. On the next play Adams is double teamed high-low. Throw away is the right idea.

15. 4th. quarter, 9:52, nobody open, the pass rush in his face. Throw away, again the right idea.

16. On the next play, a screen to Williams, Turner didn't even chip the edge who came in free and knocked it down. Rodgers has a look somewhere between, "what are you doing, Turmer?" and "can we please get outa here without a pick 6?"

17. On the next play Rodgers delivers a nice ball where the defender can't get it. MVS drops it. Rodgers is controlling his frustration as has been his habit this year.

18. 4th. quarter, 4:41, ball thrown behind Adams. Wrong. Classic, well executed, back shoulder throw where the defender has no chance. 16 yards.

H

HardRightEdge

A couple of takeways from the rundown in my previous post.

• The throws not listed were spot on the money.
  • If you're going to get on your phone to thumb out a one-liner summing up Rodgers first half All Pro performance it probably shouldn't be, "Rodgers is completing a lot of passes .... but his accuracy has not been all that great."
  • After putting up a 23-34-283-4-0 stat line that statement borders on an oxymoron and you probably shouldn't double down. When you take out the 5 prudent throwaways and the MVS drop, you're at 23-28. Now you're really at the point of an oxymoron, having missed the forest for the trees entirely.
  • But that's OK. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Several have chimed in to agree with that assessment. That's OK too. What you should not do, however, is call the opposing opinion, respectfully submitted, "bullsh*t". That's just stupid, and I use that word rarely and with careful consideration. What really frosts me and what's really stupid is having a moderator back that up in calling out the other guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

• If you're going to get on your phone to thumb out a one-liner summing up Rodgers first half All Pro performance it probably shouldn't be, "Rodgers is completing a lot of passes .... but his accuracy has not been all that great."
  • After putting up a 23-34-283-4-0 stat line that statement borders on an oxymoron and you probably shouldn't double down. When you take out the 5 prudent throwaways and the MVS drop, you're at 23-28. Not you're really at the point of an oxymoron having missed the forest for the trees entirely.
  • But that's OK. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Several have chimed in to agree with that assessment. That's OK too. What you should not do, however, is call the opposing opinion, respectfully submitted, "bullsh*t". That's just stupid, and I use that word rarely and with careful consideration. What really frosts me and what's really stupid is having a moderator back that up.

I’m going to say this, and not as a moderator, just as a normal human being.

Get over yourself.

Have a great day!

H

HardRightEdge

Because it was bull **** lol
Calling bullsh*t on yourself? Credit where credit is due. I might have to revise my opinion that robdog or the new guy, who's handle excapes me at the moment, should have canned your a*s a long time ago for arbitrary and capricious interventions.
Rodgers on at least 2 throws?? Was behind adams and had NOTHING to do with putting where defender couldnt get it..it was bad placement.
Maybe 2. Maybe 1. Regardless, I'd call that not seeing the forest for the trees. I already have in fact. Adams had about the most stress free 13-16, 196, 2 stat line you're going to see. He got separation and Rodgers found him and got him the ball where he could catch it. And folks want to pick on one or two throws? Sheesh.
Stop trying to assume your doing something wrong to warrant a suspension.
I don't make a habit of it. But with you one can never tell.
I knew I shouldnt have taken you off ignore
A moderator who puts people on ignore? LMAO No wonder you have trouble figuring out what the h*ll's going in here.

H

HardRightEdge

I’m going to say this, and not as a moderator, just as a normal human being.

Get over yourself.

Have a great day!
But you are a moderator and there's no getting around that. And who's a "normal human being"? I don't know of any.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you are a moderator and there's no getting around that. And who's a "normal human being"? I don't know of any.

Look. I ain’t gonna suspend your because you’re an arrogant ***. I’m just giving some advice.

You are more than welcome to have the opinion that you are a both expert cap guru and film expert. I would just ask that you remember this place is supposed to be for fun, and entertainment, and again, don’t take yourself so seriously. Relax, and maybe try to release some of that hot air stored up in ya.

Have a great day!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

• After putting up a 23-34-283-4-0 stat line that statement borders on an oxymoron and you probably shouldn't double down. When you take out the 5 prudent throwaways and the MVS drop, you're at 23-28. Not you're really at the point of an oxymoron having missed the forest for the trees entirely.
  • But that's OK. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Several have chimed in to agree with that assessment. That's OK too. What you should not do, however, is call the opposing opinion, respectfully submitted, "bullsh*t". That's just stupid, and I use that word rarely and with careful consideration. What really frosts me and what's really stupid is having a moderator back that up by calling out the other guy.
So a moderater cant agree with someone? If the word bs upset you so much, that isnt our problem as we didnt know. All I can offer is a sorry?

I ignore people to avoid to let my personal feelings not get in the way. Other mods handle any issues with said person.

Go ahead and keep being disrespectful...its okay us mods will survive

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, maybe. I'll break it down as I said providing I'm not suspended after this post. And it should be OK to point out to somebody who only wants to focus on the two or three that it's a narrow perspective not warranting a bullsh*t call. So, go call out the other guy, why doncha?

Maybe I should call you out for bullsh*t in focusing only on my comments while letting the other guy slide? I suppose I should be used to it by now.
Im still trying to wrap my head around why me agreeing your assement was bs, is such a sore spot.

H

HardRightEdge

Site response is suddenly vey slow, so I'll wrap up my thoughts for the night here.

So a moderater cant agree with someone? If the word bs upset you so much, that isnt our problem as we didnt know. All I can offer is a sorry?
You totally missed the point, again. Having my post called BS doesn't upset me. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself. I can dish it back, thank you, which I did. I've surely been subjected to a lot worse in this life, LMAO, just spell my name right I always say.

What ****** me off is having a moderator tell me and not the other guy to respect opinions. That's BS. Is that because you happen to agree with that opinion? There's your moderator BS. And this is far from the first time. Like I told you before, you're like the ref who throws the flag on the guy who throws the second punch.
Im still trying to wrap my head around why me agreeing your assement was bs, is such a sore spot.
See, you missed the point, again. You are certainly entitled to think my opinion is BS, just like anybody else about anything else. I even made a little joke about that you seemed to have missed. It's your moderator hat that's the problem, not your fan hat.
Look. I ain’t gonna suspend your because you’re an arrogant ***. I’m just giving some advice.

You are more than welcome to have the opinion that you are a both expert cap guru and film expert. I would just ask that you remember this place is supposed to be for fun, and entertainment, and again, don’t take yourself so seriously. Relax, and maybe try to release some of that hot air stored up in ya.!
Well, as with anything else, you are free to disagree with my takes on the cap, the film or whatnot. As for the rest, you've violated the rules with your name calling.

You are a moderator now and like I said before there's no getting around that. Maybe you should give yourself a stern talking to.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not read the long post but there was no doubt in my mind that Rodgers was off (behind) on a bunch of horizontal passes. You could not call them inaccurate, only that they were not leading the receiver well. They should be easy passes and it would sure help MVS to catch them.

Members online

Latest posts