Packers at Texans (Sun, 10/25 - 1pm)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people goad each other all the time on here and everywhere. I do it, you do it, he does it, that guy did it more than once or twice and so did people who aren't here anymore. Some people do it more than others and some do every bit as much as the worst offenders on here and then play a victim.

If people don't want to be here, it's a pretty easy fix and if they do, it's a message board. Sometimes you're going to say stuff and someone may react strongly or use a word you don't like. It's not really a big deal, don't like it move on. if you can't move on yourself don't be surprised when others don't either. If you move on, and they follow you around to keep on, well then that's different and I bet the moderators would take note.

But a few messages back and forth? that's pretty much why we're all here.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

people goad each other all the time on here and everywhere. I do it, you do it, he does it, that guy did it more than once or twice and so did people who aren't here anymore. Some people do it more than others and some do every bit as much as the worst offenders on here and then play a victim.

If people don't want to be here, it's a pretty easy fix and if they do, it's a message board. Sometimes you're going to say stuff and someone may react strongly or use a word you don't like. It's not really a big deal, don't like it move on. if you can't move on yourself don't be surprised when others don't either. If you move on, and they follow you around to keep on, well then that's different and I bet the moderators would take note.

On this matter Mondio, we`ll have to agree to disagree mate.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I posted agree.. on the issue but when the person following you around is a moderator that poses a different issue ....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
despite popular belief, moderators are still just people too. Just members of the forum with an unenviable task. as far as i can tell none of them abuse the power bestowed upon them. If one was editing, deleting, censoring anothers posts while debating or then banning after poking them into a disagreement it's one thing. but i've never really seen one do that and in this situation I wouldn't say it was the case either.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted agree.. on the issue but when the person following you around is a moderator that poses a different issue ....
Hmmmm.... I guess I’m going to have to figure out how to follow people around.

nah, none of you guys are that interesting.:cool:

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fully aware that moderating a forum this size is a difficult task and it's not easy to find volunteers putting in the time to retain peace among posters.

With that being said it was predictable to some degree that naming a passive aggressive person like Gary a moderator would lead to some issues.

Unfortunately it seems that one of the most valuable posters is gone because of it. Truly sad.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fully aware that moderating a forum this size is a difficult task and it's not easy to find volunteers putting in the time to retain peace among posters.

With that being said it was predictable to some degree that naming a passive aggressive person like Gary a moderator would lead to some issues.

Unfortunately it seems that one of the most valuable posters is gone because of it. Truly sad.

Oh buddy. I didn’t say or do anything that was passive aggressive. I’m generally pretty blunt lol.

With that said, I’m not aware of why HRE left. He never mentioned it to me. I wish he hadn’t left, I don’t want anybody to leave. I do not believe that I said or did anything to cause him to go, but if I did, I wish he would have let me know. If the other moderators would like to remove me, or have problems with what I said, they can let me know. I have no problem with that.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must've missed something in the thread. I guess people can not like posters or mods, they are all just people. and I haven't seen any change in the tone of the board, the level of exchanges, the content etc since we had a bunch of new people named moderators. If someone has some specifics i guess I'd like to see them.

As far as I can tell everyone is about the same as they've always been, which is fine. I don't see anybody getting away with "more" because they're a moderator and I don't see anybody using their status to limit what others are saying back to them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not many Forums allow members to express their dusplessure of a forum with out any retaliation.

Members that leave are giving up and declare the forum won.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

examples of passive-aggressive behavior might include avoiding direct or clear communication, evading problems, fear of intimacy or competition, making excuses, blaming others, obstructionism, playing the victim, feigning compliance with requests, sarcasm, backhanded compliments, and hiding anger.

You truly think thats Gary?

Okay

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like the guy who just walked into the movie theater, but the lights are on and everyone is discussing how it ended...

I'll stick my head back in the sand.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers love affair for Will Fuller continues... Gotta think they wanted to get a deal done this week (following their blow out win) and while they're on bye to get him acclimated.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if he left then why was he here 40 mins ago?

Either he wants to wash his hands of this or he doesnt...he is a valuable poster here..

its a shame, he just always had issues with me or other mods.

I agreed with a posters view point and he took it way different than it should have been.

He disrespected me and I didnt say anything really to retaliate.

Its a shame
He still stalks us

Hre...just swallow the pride...if you really delete your acct stop coming back and reading

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still stalks us

Hre...just swallow the pride...if you really delete your acct stop coming back and reading
I see nothing wrong with him reading the forum... if he chooses not to post anymore so be it.... but nobody asked him to leave that I’m aware of.

H

HardRightEdge

if he left then why was he here 40 mins ago?
He still stalks us

This is precisely the kind of bullsh*t that's soured me on this place.

I've looked high and low for a delete account function and I can't find one.

Consequently, I asked YOU via PM to delete my account. You didn't do it and you didn't reply. Then I PMed you again to permanently suspend my account if you cannot delete if for some reason. Again, no action and no reply.

THAT'S why I've signed back in, jack****, and keep signing in--to see if you've taken the action I requested or at least replied. I'm still waiting.

So, in short, you're full of sh*t, once again. I'll sign in AGAIN in the near future to see if you've take the requested action.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is the second thread, or is it 3rd?, that has left football in the rearview mirror and devolved into a discussion of how unpleasant this board is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with him reading the forum... if he chooses not to post anymore so be it.... but nobody asked him to leave that I’m aware of.
Im deleting my acct is what we were told.

But let me.read the forum still?

Members online

No members online now.