T - Cal Hubbard
G - Gale Gillingham
G - Jerry Kramer
C - Jim Ringo
TE - Keith Jackson

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better question--out of current Packers players, who could end up on the all-time team for the Pack?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better question--out of current Packers players, who could end up on the all-time team for the Pack?

Rodgers has an outside shot, Finley, maaaaaaybe woodson. Clay Mathews has the best shot I think. Depends if you count players who were only in GB a short time. example ted hendricks.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great idea! If this gets rep, I'll stick it!

Here I go:

Offense:

QB - Starr
RB - Hornung
FB - Taylor
WR1 - Don Hutson
WR2 - Sterling Sharpe
TE - Coffman
OT - Gregg
OG - Kramer
C - Ringo
OG - Thurston
OT - Skoronski

Defense:

DE: Reggie White
DT: Gravedigger
DT: Henry Jordan
DE: Willie Davis
OLB: Dave Robinson
MLB: Ray Nitschke
OLB: Lee Roy Caffey
CB: Herb Adderley
CB: Charles Woodson
S: LeRoy Butler
S: Willie Wood

ST:

K: Chester Marcol
P: Max McGee (Couldn't remember anyone, so I put a HOF WR that did punting)
KR: Desmond Howard
ST: Travis Jervey

HC: Lombardi
OC: Holmgren
DC: Shurmur
ST: Cromwell

GM: Ron Wolf

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Great idea! If this gets rep, I'll stick it!

Here I go:

Offense:

QB - Starr
RB - Hornung
FB - Taylor
WR1 - Don Hutson
WR2 - Sterling Sharpe
TE - Coffman
OT - Gregg
OG - Kramer
C - Ringo
OG - Thurston
OT - Skoronski

Defense:

DT: Gravedigger

ST:

P: Max McGee (Couldn't remember anyone, so I put a HOF WR that did punting)

HC: Lombardi
OC: Holmgren
DC: Shurmur
ST: Cromwell

I like Clark Hinkle at running back instead of Hornung. The Golden Boy had too small a window of productive years. Don't think you can put two guys from the same backfield on the all-time team. Jim Taylor outrushed Hornung every year. Ahman Green is the team's all time leading rusher....perhaps even him instead of the Golden Boy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Chester Marcol? Are you kidding? How about Jacke or Longwell? Marcol barely made 62% of his field goals. Jacke and Longwell were far better kickers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Clark Hinkle at running back instead of Hornung. The Golden Boy had too small a window of productive years. Don't think you can put two guys from the same backfield on the all-time team. Jim Taylor outrushed Hornung every year. Ahman Green is the team's all time leading rusher....perhaps even him instead of the Golden Boy.
Wha!!! The golden boy should be on every list. You need someone to score? Call Hornung. It only helps that he's from ND.

He would be the best wildcat qb ever, as well.

Jim Taylor outrushed him, that's why I put him as FB. But Hornung had more TDs.

Really different styles.

And after all, that's MY list...
Chester Marcol? Are you kidding? How about Jacke or Longwell? Marcol barely made 62% of his field goals. Jacke and Longwell were far better kickers.
I'm sorry, are Longwell or Jacke on the Packers' HoF?

Longwell is a ******, BTW. "Oh, it was te holder. Oh, it was the snapper. Oh, it was the wind. Oh, my *** was sore from all the action last night."

I could think about Chris Jacke, but went with the polish guy.

I didn't see them, BTW, Jacke and Marcol. I didn't see 80% of the guys on my list. So my argument is based on what I know from Packers history.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TUT TUT TUT

Your Kickers are wrang but thats another story LOL, Yes LT I do need to stop with the joke I know!

I amazed no 1 has Favre at QB just throwing it out there straight to Charles Woodson

Ok ill stop trying to make jokes because im not funny

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TUT TUT TUT

Your Kickers are wrang but thats another story LOL, Yes LT I do need to stop with the joke I know!

I amazed no 1 has Favre at QB just throwing it out there straight to Charles Woodson

Ok ill stop trying to make jokes because im not funny
I I had to make a all-time Packers roster that I've seen play, Favre would no doubt be #1...

But I can't ignore what Starr did...

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense:

QB1: Brett Favre
QB2: Bart Starr
RB1: Jim Taylor
RB2: Paul Horning
RB3: Ahman Green
FB: William Henderson
WR1: Don Hutson
WR2: Sterling Sharpe
WR3: James Lofton
WR4: Donald Driver
TE1: Coffman
TE2: Keith Jackson
TE3: Mark Chmura
OT: Forest Gregg
OG: Jerry Kramer
C: Ringo
OG: Fuzzy Thurston
OT: Skoronski

Defense:

DT: Gilbert Brown

Special Teams:

P: Craig Hentrich

HC: Vince Lombardi
OC: Mike Holmgren
DC: Fritz Shurmur
ST: Nolan Cromwell

CEO: Bob Harlan

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, are Longwell or Jacke on the Packers' HoF?

Longwell is a ******, BTW. "Oh, it was te holder. Oh, it was the snapper. Oh, it was the wind. Oh, my *** was sore from all the action last night."

I could think about Chris Jacke, but went with the polish guy.

I didn't see them, BTW, Jacke and Marcol. I didn't see 80% of the guys on my list. So my argument is based on what I know from Packers history.
I see, for the kicker he has to be a Packer HOF'er but for other positions it doesn't matter. (Woodson and Howard.) Jacke made more field goals in 8 years then Marcol attempted in 9 with the Packers. Better kicking percentage in both FG and EP. But hey, it's your list.

I also don't see much love fo McGee at WR. I would take him over Lofton.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I see, for the kicker he has to be a Packer HOF'er but for other positions it doesn't matter. (Woodson and Howard.) Jacke made more field goals in 8 years then Marcol attempted in 9 with the Packers. Better kicking percentage in both FG and EP. But hey, it's your list.

I agree. Chris Jacke is the Packers best kicker. No doubt about it.....in my opinion, an argument can't even be made for anybody else. Status as a Packer Hall-of-Famer doesn't matter to me.

I wouldn't take Max McGee over James Lofton. Lofton had around 400 more career receptions, 25 more touchdowns, and almost 8000 more career receiving yards. I know he played like 2 or 3 more years, but he played on some pretty weak teams for the Packers and he still put up those numbers. James Lofton is one of the best receivers in the history of the NFL. McGee was great, don't get me wrong, but I would much rather have Lofton.

Top two receivers: Lofton and Hutson. Sharpe is third.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Desmond Howard was a kick returner only. Noone is inducted as a KR.

Woodson is still playing, and no doubt will be inducted.

What's your point?

Jacke could've been inducted already, but isn't.

Marcol made some pretty decisive FGs.

And about McGee or Lofton, I took the guy that could've been better than Rice, if it were not for injury, in Sterling Sharpe.

By far the most talented receiver I've ever seen...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I agree. Chris Jacke is the Packers best kicker. No doubt about it.....in my opinion, an argument can't even be made for anybody else. Status as a Packer Hall-of-Famer doesn't matter to me.

I wouldn't take Max McGee over James Lofton. Lofton had around 400 more career receptions, 25 more touchdowns, and almost 8000 more career receiving yards. I know he played like 2 or 3 more years, but he played on some pretty weak teams for the Packers and he still put up those numbers. James Lofton is one of the best receivers in the history of the NFL. McGee was great, don't get me wrong, but I would much rather have Lofton.

Top two receivers: Lofton and Hutson. Sharpe is third.
FWIW, I thought you were only using what he did with the Packers.

Lofton's Packer only stats. 530 rec, 9656 yards, 18.2 per, 49 tds.
Mcgee, only played with the Packers. 345 rec, 6349 yards. 18.4 per, 50 tds.

Of course if you throw in what Lofton did after he left the Packers, then he has 75 tds.

But again, it's your list.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
FWIW, I thought you were only using what he did with the Packers.

Lofton's Packer only stats. 530 rec, 9656 yards, 18.2 per, 49 tds.
Mcgee, only played with the Packers. 345 rec, 6349 yards. 18.4 per, 50 tds.

Of course if you throw in what Lofton did after he left the Packers, then he has 75 tds.

But again, it's your list.

I actually haven't made a list. I'm doing exactly what you are....finding flaws in everyone elses'. Hahaha.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think the Favre/Starr debate is much closer than you guys seem to think it is. It all comes down to how you view a great QB, great stats or championships. Favre has the stats, he has a championship and went to another one, and he's the NFL's all time leader in wins.

Starr, on the other hand, has 5 NFL championships and 2 Super Bowls. Do we count the NFL Championships? Who knows how many Favre would've won if he only had like 12 other teams in the league? Stats wise, they aren't great. A 152-138 TD to INT ratio (Favre's: 497–317). 24,718 passing yards (to Favre's 69,329).

It's a tough decision and it's not as clear cut as you guys make it out to be. Starr's number of titles dwarfs Favre's, but Favre's stats dwarf Starr's.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Favre/Starr debate is much closer than you guys seem to think it is. It all comes down to how you view a great QB, great stats or championships. Favre has the stats, he has a championship and went to another one, and he's the NFL's all time leader in wins.

Starr, on the other hand, has 5 NFL championships and 2 Super Bowls. Do we count the NFL Championships? Who knows how many Favre would've won if he only had like 12 other teams in the league? Stats wise, they aren't great. A 152-138 TD to INT ratio (Favre's: 497–317). 24,718 passing yards (to Favre's 69,329).

It's a tough decision and it's not as clear cut as you guys make it out to be. Starr's number of titles dwarfs Favre's, but Favre's stats dwarf Starr's.
Actually, Starr possesses the BEST post-season qb rating OF ALL TIME. That combined with 2 time SB MVP makes for an impecable argument, in my point of view.

So, yeah, when it means nothing, Favre may have better stats. But when it means, Starr has the stats, the awards, and the championships...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

The fact that Favre has the most career interceptions is a big red flag to me. Also the fact that Favre CONSISTENTLY blew it for us in the playoffs. I would take Starr over Favre....anyday.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both are all decade players, starr won an mvp, favre won 3. then again the quality of QBs in Starrs era was much better than when Favre won his.