Reaction score
Studs:

Rodgers
Nelson
Adams
Hawkins
Matthews
Taylor
Vogel (we should be set at punter for a very long time)

Duds:

Randall
Bennett
Refs

I know the game was over already but the call when Vogel was roughed was absolutely egregious. What if the game had been tied at that point? Nobody on the Bears was within 3 feet of touching that ball. They just plain made it up because they didn't want to call the penalty. If you're going to say the defense touched the ball, then someone darn sure better have seen it! They completely allowed the Bears to influence them. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. Maybe there needs to be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty requiring players to stay clear and shut their mouths when officials are conferring.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I know the game was over already but the call when Vogel was roughed was absolutely egregious. What if the game had been tied at that point? Nobody on the Bears was within 3 feet of touching that ball. They just plain made it up because they didn't want to call the penalty. If you're going to say the defense touched the ball, then someone darn sure better have seen it! One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

I agree it was a terrible call but in a close game there's reason to believe the Packers wouldn't have used all timeouts at that point allowing them to challenge the ruling on the field.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it was a terrible call but in a close game there's reason to believe the Packers wouldn't have used all timeouts at that point allowing them to challenge the ruling on the field.

The point is that a challenge shouldn't have been needed. It wasn't even close.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
harsh! he played a good game and made a key play on the tone setting first drive, and blocked a lot. our other TEs can't contribute the way he can.
until the balls that hit his hands stay there.... I will be one of those that you consider "harsh" lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
until the balls that hit his hands stay there.... I will be one of those that you consider "harsh" lol.
Agreed......do what you are paid to do.....catch the ball! I like Marty, but too many drops won't make him too popular with fans or coaches. Speaking of drops......did you notice our special teams "Ace gunner" missed recovering another fumble on a punt? In and out of his hands once again. I think there was a penalty on the play, so it wouldn't have mattered, but it was much like the punt at the end of the first half of the Bengals game, he needs to gather those in and hang on to them!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can understand giving Bennett the Dud based on how the contributions have gone in the receiving game, but he has been a huge help as a blocker given all of the injuries at tackle. Some might have buyer's remorse with him right now, but I'm happier than ever that they signed him and not Cook. They've really needed his ability with the dirty work.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can understand giving Bennett the Dud based on how the contributions have gone in the receiving game, but he has been a huge help as a blocker given all of the injuries at tackle. Some might have buyer's remorse with him right now, but I'm happier than ever that they signed him and not Cook. They've really needed his ability with the dirty work.
Excellent point for people to keep in mind, what Marty does "behind the scenes" in the course of a game, as well as off the field. Sometimes we get caught up in stats when trying to evaluate a player, but for some and I think Marty is one of them, their contributions aren't always reflected by a quick look at his stats. Does he need to hang on to those easy short throws? Yup! But I will take him over a lot of TE's in the league.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
other games where he dropped balls i agree with you. i don't believe he dropped anything in the last game. he had a good game and his blocking was a key factor. that's why i thought your "dud" for this game was harsh. this stud/dud thing is a game by game deal after all. lol

D

Deleted member 6794

harsh! he played a good game and made a key play on the tone setting first drive, and blocked a lot. our other TEs can't contribute the way he can.

Kendricks currently seems to be a better receiving option than Bennett though.

Speaking of drops......did you notice our special teams "Ace gunner" missed recovering another fumble on a punt? In and out of his hands once again. I think there was a penalty on the play, so it wouldn't have mattered, but it was much like the punt at the end of the first half of the Bengals game, he needs to gather those in and hang on to them!

The referees ruled that the Bears returner didn't touch the ball on that punt before Janis tried to recover it. Therefore it didn't matter but I agree he should have been able to control it though.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Nelson - still slipping out in the flat and catching huge conversions.
Lane Taylor - versatile player helped a hurting line
Spray bottle - motor is running hot right now, let us see for how long
Aaron Jones - I thought he looked great for someone that came in cold.

Duds:
Randall - ugh....try and coach this guy up...he looks like he doesn't know what he is doing in any situational defensive scheme.
Trevethan - sorry 2 games is too light, knocked the man cold. His brain could've been scrambled eggs, and it wasn't necessary at all.
Bill Cowher - the bayers really had em where they wanted them there blind loyalist.
Buggar Bill - no excuse this time: no EPL or Bendesliga was on on Thursday. Cheeky.

All in all a bit surprised, didn't see the patch work line working but it sure did. Glennon is just as much of a stiff as he was as a backup in Tampa - immobile and makes bad decisions when pressured. Every team from here on out is going to stack the box and make Glennon beat you with his arm. He cannot do it. The ambulance came to Lambeau again. Need rest and health and this team could be scary.

D

Deleted member 6794

Glennon is just as much of a stiff as he was as a backup in Tampa - immobile and makes bad decisions when pressured. Every team from here on out is going to stack the box and make Glennon beat you with his arm. He cannot do it.

As mentioned before I believe the Bears will start Trubisky within the next few games. It's mind-boggling Chicago signed Glennon to a deal like that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned before I believe the Bears will start Trubisky within the next few games. It's mind-boggling Chicago signed Glennon to a deal like that.
Glennon was a 1 year rental. His dead cap is doable after this season. I think Trubisky was forced on Fox by ownership.
Read some b3@rz boards if you've the time and stomach. The lack of receivers and time puts Glennon under pressure before you include the pressure of a quick hook to the golden child holding the clipboard on the sidelines. I think the switch will be over their bye week and his first start will be against GB. Capers will make him look like a Canton shoo-in.

D

Deleted member 6794

Glennon was a 1 year rental. His dead cap is doable after this season. I think Trubisky was forced on Fox by ownership.

Even as a one year rental there was no reason for the Bears to guarantee Glennon $18.5 million by any means.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even as a one year rental there was no reason for the Bears to guarantee Glennon $18.5 million by any means.
Based on what he is doing for them ... they should have saved the 18.5 million and just direct snapped to the RB lol.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Jamal Williams is a dud. Has been a dud any time I have seen him on the field.

Demarious Randall was a dud as well.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the Oline considering there were four guards starting. Blake Martinez had another great game. I enjoy tony romo broadcasting. He finally found his calling.

Members online

Latest posts