Studs n Duds Packers vs Bears:Bears Still Suck Edition

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Randal Cobb. He came back and boy he found a ****ing great time to come back. Pay this MAN NOW!!

Aaron Rodgers making crazy *** **** 4th Down TD pass to Cobb.

Boykin running into endzone with the funky fumble

Quarless Hes came into his own when Finley went down

Lacy and Starks good several runs
Duds

Defense still not very good at times. Lucky they stoped the Bears final drive

SP Teams nuff said.

MM playcalling Throwing the ball on that 3rd and 1 WTF...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Muloumbo is not an embarassment out there.
The safeties are.
I heard Raji's name called once in a positive light.
The O-line got handled in the second half.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was really weird today. An awful stretch of a few drives sandwiched between a good first half and two fourth quarter stops. Overall, a dud though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Randal Cobb. He came back and boy he found a ******* great time to come back. Pay this MAN NOW!!

Aaron Rodgers making crazy *** **** 4th Down TD pass to Cobb.

Boykin running into endzone with the funky fumble

Quarless Hes came into his own when Finley went down

Lacy and Starks good several runs
Duds

SP Teams nuff said.

MM playcalling Throwing the ball on that 3rd and 1 WTF...

AJ Hawk to the studs list, he had some nice tackles and forced a fumble.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it was pretty clear during this game that the problem lies with Capers. Just like a HC can "lose his team" a DC sometimes loses his defense. Gap discipline seemed to be the biggest problem and IMO that goes to coaching.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SP Teams nuff said.
Why?
Because they couldn't stop Hester?
If that is your reasoning then I beg to differ.
That SOB is tough to stop no matter who plays against him.
Put up a brick wall and he will still find a way through.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why?

If you havent Noticed the SP Teams havent been exactly Average at best for awhile.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you havent Noticed the SP Teams havent been exactly Average at best for awhile.
We do seem to have problems with the KO and P returns.
I don't think we've had any big run backs since Cobb's barrel roll against the Taints.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUDS?
Where the hell was Nick Perry?

Also, that sideline official who gave us TWO bad spots on that final drive.
Tried to screw us twice.

H

HardRightEdge

OK, fess up now, Kuhn gets a stud for that block on the winning TD.

We defend 1st. and goal at the 1 foot line with 2 down linemen. Who does that? The outcome was as expected.

We line up with the left OLB over the RG and nobody else on that side out to the corner. Who does this? Forte strolls off RT for 8 yards.

C'mon.

There was some ugly stuff out there today on defense.

I give Raji a 1/4 stud for his first quarter play. Very active, worked off a couple blocks. Then...business as usual.

Why was Lacy on the field in the 4th. quarter when it was obvious he couldn't cut off his right foot? Mysterious and dud-like.

Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb, Quarless, Lacy and Starks...this offense, the way they played today, is good enough to win a championship.

Fire Capers.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Lattimore and Perry just suck.

Yeah, they did.

Perry's whiff on Forte was especially ugly for the half-hearted attempt. I hope you guys had the women and children look away during the replay.

Lattimore looks lost outside the box.

I'm getting a little tired of watching Hawk getting lost in the wash.

Mulumba blew edge contain a couple times too often.

Do I detect a theme here?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Why?

I still don't understand why MM doesn't use Masthey on KOs, especially when Hester is back there. On that last KO, Crosby kicked it to the 20-15 yard line, which (after a simple lateral) turned into great field possession for the Bears. Why not let Masthey just kick it out of the end zone? Baffling....

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Mulumba blew edge contain a couple times too often.

I noticed the same. It wasn't that Mulumba was getting blocked from containing the edge, rather it seemed that he would often drive hard to the inside on his own and seemingly not even TRY to contain. Is this a Capers scheme or a player not playing his role?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three big Bears plays on scoring drives were not on the scheme. Shields mistimed his jump against Marshall, Burnett let Jeffrey run free, and Perry left Forte all alone.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are all the folks who were SCREAMING for Latimore to be out there? He was going to be the KEY to getting our juice back because Jones was just HORRIBLE. Well, Latimore hits harder than Jones, but it doesn't do much good if he's out of position as Forte runs by him. Knowing your place is the first part of your job.

I really doubt we'd have gotten a stop on that last drive if not for the penalties.

Shields had a great game, and so did Starks. Nelson of course. Kuhn saved the day with that chip on Peppers.

Burnett is supposed to be our solid guy back there and he lets Jeffery run right down the field.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Jordy. Cobb. Rodgers. Crosby. Lacy. Quarless, Starks

Duds:

Perry. Raji. Lattimore. Burnett. Jennings. Masthay.

The defense got lucky on a critical drive when Jeffrey dropped the ball. This D is pathetic. No other words. Clean house on D and St as far as coaching goes and START OVER. Can't come close to the Lombardi trophy without a D. And with the loyalist stubborn as a mule fearless leader, we need to hire an OC. SF makes me cringe. Kaepernick/#15 show coming soon.

H

HardRightEdge

I noticed the same. It wasn't that Mulumba was getting blocked from containing the edge, rather it seemed that he would often drive hard to the inside on his own and seemingly not even TRY to contain. Is this a Capers scheme or a player not playing his role?
The player not playing his role. To what degree Capers confuses all these young guys is another question. If we were talking about an accomplished player we might say he misread the play.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand why MM doesn't use Masthey on KOs, especially when Hester is back there. On that last KO, Crosby kicked it to the 20-15 yard line, which (after a simple lateral) turned into great field possession for the Bears. Why not let Masthey just kick it out of the end zone? Baffling....
Masthay has a little bit bigger of a leg for kickoffs, yes but he struggled in finesse kicking. Things like kicking away from a certain guy, squib kicking, pop-up kicking (like today) and onside kicks can all be of critical importance at certain times.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUDS?
Where the hell was Nick Perry?

Also, that sideline official who gave us TWO bad spots on that final drive.
Tried to screw us twice.
They did give us a free 15 yards and first down in the first half on a bogus personal foul on McClellan, so I have no idea why you're *****ing about the refs. They also were smart enough NOT to blow the whistle on the fumble. All it would have taken was one official to mess that up. You know Jeff Tripplett would have blown it.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he would have kicked it out of the endzone. It was a cold, windy day and nobody had much distance on their kicks. Masthay had 2 punts under 40 yards, so I don't think it would have mattered.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts