Packer studs and duds - Bears edition

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones -ran hard
Edgar Bennett - great game plan. Poor OL not a factor
Mike Glennon - turnover machine. Let's hope Trubisky is taking notes
Tony Romo. I said he was good and just needed more experience, but I'm reversing gears. He is fun and verbally excited by the game. Great insight I have never heard before. He is unique and becoming more polished will tone down his natural excitement.
Schedulers- We need the extra few days off to heal

Duds
Refs- bad gameThankfully most of the bad calls went our way
Leviathan - ***hat took a cheap shot
Equipment manager: my new theory is the EM is buying cheap knockoffs from Menoninte sweat shops in upper pulaski and not real pads resulting in the injuries.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers, Nelson, Arron Jones, Mathews with some key pressures forcing Glennon to make some turnovers.
Tony Romo with great commentary.

Duds
O-Line could of been a bit better. Randall getting blown up to the point where he got benched.

The Shemp of the game goes to the Dirty Bear player Leviathan

Leviathan you get the Shemp for being a dirty rotten player with that hit.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones -ran hard
Edgar Bennett - great game plan. Poor OL not a factor
Mike Glennon - turnover machine. Let's hope Trubisky is taking notes
Tony Romo. I said he was good and just needed more experience, but I'm reversing gears. He is fun and verbally excited by the game. Great insight I have never heard before. He is unique and becoming more polished will tone down his natural excitement.

Duds
Refs- bad gameThankfully most of the bad calls went our way
Leviathan - ***hat took a cheap shot
Equipment manager: my new theory is the EM is buying cheap knockoffs from Menoninte sweat shops in menomonee and not real pads resulting in the injuries.

I hope Romo doesn't turn down the natural excitement. I like it compared to the other guys.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds:
  1. Tracy Wolfson for referring to Davante Adams as Davante Parker.....come on woman!
  2. Injuries.
  3. Danny Trevathan for the cheap shot on Adams.

Studs:
  1. Glennon for one upping Cutler at turning the ball over to the Packers.
  2. Bears Running backs, even their third stringer looked better than anything the Packers have.
  3. Cobb, Jordy, AR on offense.
  4. Clay and Jones on defense
  5. The Peanut vendor who suited up to play on the OL for the Packers

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
The offensive line, TT, MM, and everyone involved with deciding what to do at offensive tackle.

It's not easy to figure out what to do down five tackles, but it worked out fine.

It turns out the pre game concerns on here were way overblown.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Duds:
  1. Tracy Wolfson for referring to Davante Adams as Davante Parker.....come on woman!
  2. Injuries.
  3. Danny Trevathan for the cheap shot on Adams.

Studs:
  1. Glennon for one upping Cutler at turning the ball over to the Packers.
  2. Bears Running backs, even their third stringer looked better than anything the Packers have.
  3. Cobb, Jordy, AR on offense.
  4. Clay and Jones on defense
  5. The Peanut vendor who suited up to play on the OL for the Packers

Huh??

Montgomery looked great before he went out and Jones ran with a lot of juice. The Bears backs sucked outside of Cunningham in garbage time. You're gonna have to explain that one.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So as best as I can tell, Randall got benched, sat down with the inactives, and then left? So that's going well.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones
Aaron Rodgers
Davante (get well soon)
Jordy - I'm pretty confident with a healthy o-line and Jordy we beat Atlanta
Cobb
O-line played pretty well

Duds:
Travathian
Refs
lightening
injuries
Randall - really thought he just had a sophomore slump but alas he gets benched

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I call dud on the phantom holding call that got Adams' TD called back, which in turn got him popped by that dirty POS.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Randall is getting blasted for the TD play, but Brice is every bit as responsible for the TD as Randall.

His missed tackle led to the big gain that got the Bears down there. On an all out blitz, Brice can allow a completion, but he absolutely has to make the tackle.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I can't help but say good lord holy **** that was a dirty hit on Adams. I would like to see some more Kendricks like last week especially over Bennett's performance.
Studs: Hawkins.
Duds: Randall.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That opening drive game plan was some of the best play calling that I've seen in quite a while. Overall, I think that sliding Taylor outside and putting Patrick inside worked great. The scheming to avoid sacks worked well.

Clay Matthews was an active participant in this game. Good to see.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but say good lord holy **** that was a dirty hit on Adams. I would like to see some more Kendricks like last week especially over Bennett's performance.
Studs: Hawkins.
Duds: Randall.

Amen. Was excited by Hawkins; hopin' and prayin' we go into the playoffs with King , Jones, and Hawkins over Randall and Rollins.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So as best as I can tell, Randall got benched, sat down with the inactives, and then left? So that's going well.
That was my concern going back to when he got here. He has the physical talent, but mentally I think he holds himself back. I thought he was benched after that, but I don't pay that close of attention. I don't know what happened after that, but if wasn't carted off or walked back to the locker room with medical staff, his attitude really sucks if he walked off on his own. I still think if he humbles himself and accepts his coaching, he'll succeed. as we all know it's 90% mental and the other half is physical.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my concern going back to when he got here. He has the physical talent, but mentally I think he holds himself back. I thought he was benched after that, but I don't pay that close of attention. I don't know what happened after that, but if wasn't carted off or walked back to the locker room with medical staff, his attitude really sucks if he walked off on his own. I still think if he humbles himself and accepts his coaching, he'll succeed. as we all know it's 90% mental and the other half is physical.

Good morning, Yogi !!!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trevathan should be suspended for multiple games. Make an example out of him. Adams was completely stopped and defenseless and that was late and unnecessary.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Trevathan should be suspended for multiple games. Make an example out of him. Adams was completely stopped and defenseless and that was late and unnecessary.
You're right with everything you're saying, but what's even more egregious to me is leading with the helmet directing into Davante's helmet, and then to your point he was already wrapped up and was going no where.

Just an absolute disgusting play by Trevathan. There should be absolutely no place in today's NFL for hits like that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
A dud no one has mentioned yet - freakin' Bill Cowher for his constant, mindless belief that the Bears had all of the momentum and had the Packers right where they wanted them. Joke's on you, Bill. ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right with everything you're saying, but what's even more egregious to me is leading with the helmet directing into Davante's helmet, and then to your point he was already wrapped up and was going no where.

Just an absolute disgusting play by Trevathan. There should be absolutely no place in today's NFL for hits like that.
I usually side with the defense, as I think that it's mostly impossible not to lead with your helmet. However, putting your head down when you had a relatively motionless target is terrible. That hit was 100% avoidable. After the game, Trevathan said that he's taught to flow to the ball until he hears the whistle. There's ways of accomplishing that without putting the crown of your helmet into another player's face. He knows better than that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - Randall

but he could also be a stud because hopefully he'll be a good example to finally stop the excuse of, "but all the high draft picks spent on defense means we MUST have good players". The guy got benched and then didn't even stay on the sidelines!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Team confirmed he had no injury.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts