Studs n Duds Packers vs Bears:Bears Still Suck Edition

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number one stud ... Aaron Rodgers. Hate to dredge this up again (actually, I enjoy it), but ... those people who "took the other side" when we moved on to Rodgers, and continue to say things like, "Rodgers is not a clutch or comeback QB", etc. - uh, well, yes he is and that's the end of that. Life must be lonely on the Bus Cook side of the fence, lol.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three big Bears plays on scoring drives were not on the scheme. Shields mistimed his jump against Marshall, Burnett let Jeffrey run free, and Perry left Forte all alone.
(I only watched the final 12 minutes and not once was #53 out there that I saw).... so Nick Perry DID play? Was he benched or injured to not be in there at all late? IT was all #55 Muluuuuuuumba.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number one stud ... Aaron Rodgers. Hate to dredge this up again (actually, I enjoy it), but ... those people who "took the other side" when we moved on to Rodgers, and continue to say things like, "Rodgers is not a clutch or comeback QB", etc. - uh, well, yes he is and that's the end of that. Life must be lonely on the Bus Cook side of the fence, lol.

Duds: Many of the posters on the Chat Box during the game. Unbelievable negativity - complaining about any and every play. Even Rodgers was seen as a negative. Aaron Rodgers! Get this: after the Packers big play to win the game the tone by a couple of these guys was - "Who cares? We are going to be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round because . . . ."'

I mean, can't these people actually enjoy a win? Appreciate the accomplishment of beating our biggest rival for the division and a playoff birth? It doesn't get any bigger in the regular season.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

The defense got lucky on a critical drive when Jeffrey dropped the ball.

I question that. While Shields probably did not get credit for a pass defended, he defended the play well. It looked like he brushed Jeffrey's arm. Any contact on a receiver's arm or hand at the point of the catch sharply diminishes the chance of a catch no matter who the receiver might be.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Many of the posters on the Chat Box during the game. Unbelievable negativity - complaining about any and every play. Even Rodgers was seen as a negative. Aaron Rodgers! Get this: after the Packers big play to win the game they tone was by a couple of these guys as - "Who cares? We are going to be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round because . . . ."'

I mean, can't these people actually enjoy a win? Appreciate the accomplishment of beating our biggest rival for the division and a playoff birth? It doesn't get any bigger in the regular season.
I avoid the chat room these days but not for those reasons. :speechless:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I avoid the chat room these days but not for those reasons. :speechless:
I think I will avoid in the future. I no longer have Packer friends in Vegas to watch games with so I thought it would be nice to share the game with fellow Packer fans. But holy moly. I guess I know why they don't have friends to watch the game with. Every play they complained. I have a friend like them that I hate watching games with. The Packers could be up 70-0 in the first half of the SB and if they ran a play that didnt' work, he would be up in arms cursing Thompson, MM, or the player that 'is awful'.

After our last SB win, I called my friend. His response? In a disgusted tone: 'Yeah, but they almost screwed it up at the end.'

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I will avoid in the future. I no longer have Packer friends in Vegas to watch games with so I thought it would be nice to share the game with fellow Packer fans. But holy moly. I guess I know why they don't have friends to watch the game with. Every play they complained. I have a friend like them that I hate watching games with. The Packers could be up 70-0 in the first half of the SB and if they ran a play that didnt' work, he would be up in arms cursing Thompson, MM, or the player that 'is awful'.
Too much bitterness comes out of it.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Many of the posters on the Chat Box during the game. Unbelievable negativity - complaining about any and every play. Even Rodgers was seen as a negative. Aaron Rodgers! Get this: after the Packers big play to win the game the tone by a couple of these guys was - "Who cares? We are going to be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round because . . . ."'

Agreed. Certainly not for me it doesn't get any bigger. Most of the time, when it comes to sports, I hate living in Chicago. But in times like 2010 and yesterday ... it's the greatest place on earth to be, lol.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can only remember getting angry once yesterday and that was the stupid 3rd and 1 play that happened in the game yesterday, but other than that, i try to keep my head up! Go Pack Go!

Yes, I think we were all livid with that. No clue what in the hell McCarthy was thinking there and it also confuses me, as to why Rodgers didn't blow off the play call and go to a run play. That was horrible. We get the gift of getting the ball to start the second half and it went entirely wasted for nothing.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't think anybody's given Hyde a shout out. He played a solid game in a solid season. He did fumble the punt but recovered it, so no-harm-no-foul.

Everybody seems to have chilled on him since Cruz lit him up out of the slot in the first half of the Giants game. As far as I'm concerned, all that did was expose the fact he does not have 4.4 speed, but that was known.

I still believe Hyde could be our answer at safety, or perhaps Heyward if Hyde sticks at slot. In one respect I like Hyde better at slot because he seems to be better in man coverage, Cruz notwithstanding. On the other hand, Hyde might be the better tackler which we could use at safety.

Neither Hyde nor Heyward are fast enough for cover corner, both are smart instinctual players, and both played well in their first year in a complicated defense. We need to have both of them on the field.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever our kickoff man is (Crosby i think?) I would call a dud. Seems to me, most every kicker can kick the ball into the stands but him. When Hester is back there i don't know why you'd do anything except boot it out of the endzone. Does he just have that weak of a leg?

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sort of like this?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes, but with more Cheese puff throwing

Yes, I think we were all livid with that. No clue what in the hell McCarthy was thinking there and it also confuses me, as to why Rodgers didn't blow off the play call and go to a run play. That was horrible. We get the gift of getting the ball to start the second half and it went entirely wasted for nothing.

an awful call, all it needed was a hand off to lacy and it would been a first down, sometimes McCarthy confuses the hell out of me

I also went ballistic over that call. I called my Packer friend to vent.

i only had my cat:( no packer freind

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does that even need to be said?
Yes. In the chatroom people were saying AR sucked.

Duds: Refs. Lots of bad calls - but the Pack came out ahead on more of them. Officiating really seems to be going down hill lately. I don't expect it to be perfect, but there have been a few calls (or non-calls) that were flat out silly. I want the Packers to beat the Bears where they have no excuses.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are all the folks who were SCREAMING for Latimore to be out there? He was going to be the KEY to getting our juice back because Jones was just HORRIBLE. Well, Latimore hits harder than Jones, but it doesn't do much good if he's out of position as Forte runs by him. Knowing your place is the first part of your job.

I really doubt we'd have gotten a stop on that last drive if not for the penalties.

Shields had a great game, and so did Starks. Nelson of course. Kuhn saved the day with that chip on Peppers.

Burnett is supposed to be our solid guy back there and he lets Jeffery run right down the field.

I was one that was completeley baffled by Lattimore not playing because when Jones was out he was all over making plays, after watching him yesterday, I now fully understand why he has not been playing

Members online

Latest posts