1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Studs n Duds Packers vs Bears:Bears Still Suck Edition

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zartan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    Number one stud ... Aaron Rodgers. Hate to dredge this up again (actually, I enjoy it), but ... those people who "took the other side" when we moved on to Rodgers, and continue to say things like, "Rodgers is not a clutch or comeback QB", etc. - uh, well, yes he is and that's the end of that. Life must be lonely on the Bus Cook side of the fence, lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    (I only watched the final 12 minutes and not once was #53 out there that I saw).... so Nick Perry DID play? Was he benched or injured to not be in there at all late? IT was all #55 Muluuuuuuumba.

3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,757
    Duds: Many of the posters on the Chat Box during the game. Unbelievable negativity - complaining about any and every play. Even Rodgers was seen as a negative. Aaron Rodgers! Get this: after the Packers big play to win the game the tone by a couple of these guys was - "Who cares? We are going to be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round because . . . ."'

I mean, can't these people actually enjoy a win? Appreciate the accomplishment of beating our biggest rival for the division and a playoff birth? It doesn't get any bigger in the regular season.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,115
    I question that. While Shields probably did not get credit for a pass defended, he defended the play well. It looked like he brushed Jeffrey's arm. Any contact on a receiver's arm or hand at the point of the catch sharply diminishes the chance of a catch no matter who the receiver might be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I avoid the chat room these days but not for those reasons. :speechless:

6. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,757
    I think I will avoid in the future. I no longer have Packer friends in Vegas to watch games with so I thought it would be nice to share the game with fellow Packer fans. But holy moly. I guess I know why they don't have friends to watch the game with. Every play they complained. I have a friend like them that I hate watching games with. The Packers could be up 70-0 in the first half of the SB and if they ran a play that didnt' work, he would be up in arms cursing Thompson, MM, or the player that 'is awful'.

After our last SB win, I called my friend. His response? In a disgusted tone: 'Yeah, but they almost screwed it up at the end.'

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Scottwallace15

Scottwallace15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    studs : Jordy Nelson, Aaron Rodgers and that man Randall Cobb!

8. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Too much bitterness comes out of it.

9. Scottwallace15

Ratings:
    +8
    i can only remember getting angry once yesterday and that was the stupid 3rd and 1 play that happened in the game yesterday, but other than that, i try to keep my head up! Go Pack Go!

10. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I also went ballistic over that call. I called my Packer friend to vent.

11. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +293
    Agreed. Certainly not for me it doesn't get any bigger. Most of the time, when it comes to sports, I hate living in Chicago. But in times like 2010 and yesterday ... it's the greatest place on earth to be, lol.

12. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +293
    Yes, I think we were all livid with that. No clue what in the hell McCarthy was thinking there and it also confuses me, as to why Rodgers didn't blow off the play call and go to a run play. That was horrible. We get the gift of getting the ball to start the second half and it went entirely wasted for nothing.

13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,115
    I don't think anybody's given Hyde a shout out. He played a solid game in a solid season. He did fumble the punt but recovered it, so no-harm-no-foul.

Everybody seems to have chilled on him since Cruz lit him up out of the slot in the first half of the Giants game. As far as I'm concerned, all that did was expose the fact he does not have 4.4 speed, but that was known.

I still believe Hyde could be our answer at safety, or perhaps Heyward if Hyde sticks at slot. In one respect I like Hyde better at slot because he seems to be better in man coverage, Cruz notwithstanding. On the other hand, Hyde might be the better tackler which we could use at safety.

Neither Hyde nor Heyward are fast enough for cover corner, both are smart instinctual players, and both played well in their first year in a complicated defense. We need to have both of them on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +898
    Yeah, Perry was out there for a few plays.

15. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Sort of like this?

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Does that even need to be said?

17. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Whoever our kickoff man is (Crosby i think?) I would call a dud. Seems to me, most every kicker can kick the ball into the stands but him. When Hester is back there i don't know why you'd do anything except boot it out of the endzone. Does he just have that weak of a leg?

18. Scottwallace15

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, but with more Cheese puff throwing

an awful call, all it needed was a hand off to lacy and it would been a first down, sometimes McCarthy confuses the hell out of me

i only had my cat:( no packer freind

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,757
    Yes. In the chatroom people were saying AR sucked.

Duds: Refs. Lots of bad calls - but the Pack came out ahead on more of them. Officiating really seems to be going down hill lately. I don't expect it to be perfect, but there have been a few calls (or non-calls) that were flat out silly. I want the Packers to beat the Bears where they have no excuses.

20. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
  21. Scottwallace15

Ratings:
    +8
    • Like Like x 1
  22. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    Kevin Greene could do it.

Edit: are you talking about playing that way as wide out or the segment by the Pipe maker.

23. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    I was one that was completeley baffled by Lattimore not playing because when Jones was out he was all over making plays, after watching him yesterday, I now fully understand why he has not been playing

24. Scottwallace15

Ratings:
    +8
    i meant the way michael Irvin is talking and shouting

25. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678