packer season prodiction

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many unknowns with A-Rod at the helm. But i think his time waiting will put him way ahead of the "rookie" QB's. He knows the playbook, so thats a HUGE positive.
I think Grant will shine, Jennings too. Driver i don't think will put up the high stats he has in the past. I think Jones will take alot, as well as the newcomer Nelson.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ever will happen, we SHOULD win our division. We have one of the weakest divisions in the NFL this coming season IMHO. The Bears and Lions both got mass downgrades over this offseason, while the Queens got a lil better. But i dont see the Queens being a true threat until Booty or a reliable QB steps in. Sure Jackson might be consistant, but as last year proved, the top teams in the playoffs had the top QB's of the year.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod unknown and seems to get hurt on a regular basis... but with the more experience (hehe) they should be okay...

They stay healthy, 10-6, get injuries, 8-8

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've written this in another forum, and thought I'd transfer it here:

As a Packers fan, I'm predicting a 8-8 to 9-7 season with Rodgers.

Here's my reasoning:

End of 2007 team: 13-3

Loss of Favre: Drop to 9-7

Loss of Corey Williams, Koren Robinson and Bubba Franks: 8-8

Coaching staff and player progression, net of age decline: 10-6

Rodgers' durability issues: 7-9 to 8-8

Rookie Draft picks overall net gain: 8-8 to 9-7

Net prediction for 2008 season: 8-8 to 9-7

In my opinion, Rodgers' ability will sway the prediction over/under by 3 I reckon. So the best we can probably hope for is 12-4 if he plays very well (losses to Colts, Cowboys, Vikings and one of either Jags, Titans or Seahawks), and (hopefully) the worst is a 5-11 season with him struggling.

As for the Vikings, I respect their team, and I think they'll have a better season, but I don't see Jackson as being a really solid QB. In my opinion, he seems like a budget Vince Young. The Brohm pick I thought was good, not in the sense that we picked up a great QB for cheap (which can be argued that we did) but the fact that it didn't allow Chicago or Minnesota to pick him up, and got stuck with nothing (in Chicago's case) or JD Booty.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've written this in another forum, and thought I'd transfer it here:

As a Packers fan, I'm predicting a 8-8 to 9-7 season with Rodgers.

Here's my reasoning:

End of 2007 team: 13-3

Loss of Favre: Drop to 9-7

Loss of Corey Williams, Koren Robinson and Bubba Franks: 8-8

Coaching staff and player progression, net of age decline: 10-6

Rodgers' durability issues: 7-9 to 8-8

Rookie Draft picks overall net gain: 8-8 to 9-7

Net prediction for 2008 season: 8-8 to 9-7

In my opinion, Rodgers' ability will sway the prediction over/under by 3 I reckon. So the best we can probably hope for is 12-4 if he plays very well (losses to Colts, Cowboys, Vikings and one of either Jags, Titans or Seahawks), and (hopefully) the worst is a 5-11 season with him struggling.

As for the Vikings, I respect their team, and I think they'll have a better season, but I don't see Jackson as being a really solid QB. In my opinion, he seems like a budget Vince Young. The Brohm pick I thought was good, not in the sense that we picked up a great QB for cheap (which can be argued that we did) but the fact that it didn't allow Chicago or Minnesota to pick him up, and got stuck with nothing (in Chicago's case) or JD Booty.

Wow! You really are an engineer.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lat year I remember being laughed at by some when I predicted with a few breaks the Pack would go 11-5. He who laughs last.....

So this year I will say a solid 10-6. with a few breaks going The Packs way they will repeat the 13-3 regular season record of 2007.

Win the NFC championship game.

Superbowl....???????

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lat year I remember being laughed at by some when I predicted with a few breaks the Pack would go 11-5. He who laughs last.....

So this year I will say a solid 10-6. with a few breaks going The Packs way they will repeat the 13-3 regular season record of 2007.

Win the NFC championship game.

Superbowl....???????

I think that 10-6 is a fair call and 11-5 not out of the question depending on Rodgers.

We have what I would call three really tough games:

At Jacksonville
Indy
Dallas

Our away schedule is not all that daunting. Let's say it could certainly be worse:

Detroit, Chicago, Minny, New Orleans, Tenn, Jax, Seattle, and Tampa. Some solid but not killer teams where it's unlikely we could win.

I believe many teams would take that over what they are looking at.

I think we split with the Vikes and Chicago and sweep Detroit. That's four.
We win at Seattle, at New Orleans, and beat Atlanta, Houston, and Carolina at home. That's five more. Total: nine wins so far.

That leaves Indy and Dallas at home and Tampa, Tenn, and Jax on the road. One out of five gives us 10-6 or 2/3 and we end up 11-5.

We get a good test right out of the box with the Vikes at home because if the above is to become reality we need to win here. Winning at Minny is never easy for us and a sweep by them would hurt us badly. A very important conference game right at the start that sets the stage for the conference IMO.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4

i think we can honestly beat any team on our schedule.

but i am counting 4- losses. 2 losses cause this team isnt perfect and throw in 2 losses for Arod experience.

I'm not as worried about the Arodg switch over as some. Plenty of guys have sat on the bench and come in the game to suprise folks ... without ever playing a meaningful down in football.

including 2 at least that are starting right now. Brady, Romo.

were gonna be good.

Members online

Latest posts