Packer fans overconfident?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when did going into Chicago for a win seem like a for sure thing?

I'm a little nervous about two of their WRs and Hester. Briggs is back. This is the bears, they always give us trouble.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm a little nervous about two of their WRs and Hester. Briggs is back. This is the bears, they always give us trouble.

But then again, they must be crapping themselves that Rodgers is playing, and Cobb is now at least available. Nelson will be boosted that he has a QB that has the strength to go deep, and Jones will hopefully get bit more action. Stay positive Ivo. It`s going to be a hard game, but not an impossible one.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
With all of the high expectations generated over the last few days ... good and positive things FINALLY... in a season that has seen its ups (early) and downs (more recently), and a few fortunate wins these last couple of weeks, AND more than a few astounding losses by the Bears and Lions ... it would be pretty easy to just assume a "W" is about to laid on our collective doorsteps.

Me? Not so much. It is positively stupendous news that Rodgers and Cobb are back. Their mere presence in the lineup increases the Pack's ability to generate some time consuming drives, thus keeping our defense off of the field. The Bears however, have a top notch offense - even with Cutler in ( I really do not want to see the other guy today).

This game is NOT a gimme and I'm more than a little wary of getting too cocky about this game. I am willing to concede that Rodgers' and Cobb's return give us a bona fide PUNCHER'S CHANCE to pull this thing out. However, I am not dumb enough to think for one minute that the Packers now blow out the Bears as if one of Rodgers' tosses, like a lightning bolt from on Olympus is going to cause the Bears to lay down and die at the Packers' feet.

Oh nooooo.... the Bears are going to show up because they get paid too.This game is going to be a close game that can swing either way AS ALWAYS.

Wouldn't the Bears just LOVE to beat the Packers twice this season AND knock them out of the playoffs with the same blow (not a question...that is a rhetorical statement).

Yeah, I'm a little up tight about this game to be sure solely because the expectations of what Rodgers can do after being sidelined for so long. This wasn't a 2 week sabbatical to pass concussion testing ... this was a full blown broken bone. We aren't even 100% sure that this bone is completely healed or if he IS being rushed back - we have no way of knowing for sure and Packers' press conferences aren't a good source of useful information....nor should they be.

All that I know for sure is that I like our odds with #12 to make a game of it.

Go Pack!!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think any one can be overconfident about this one. Cautiously optimistic, yes; overconfident hardly.

The defense and kick coverage teams worry me most. After what we saw on special teams last week I don't look forward to Hester this week. And with no Claymaker and Jolly the D will have its hands full with Forte, Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett.

But the Pack will run the ball for about 200 yds on this Bears defense and besides making the throws Rodgers won't make the bad mistakes that we saw with Flynn and Tolzein, which cost the Giants & Steelers games.

In the past month the Packers have generally played better football than the Bears and been the beneficiaries of some incredible turns of good fortune with the Lions melting down and Chicago blowing chances. So if there's any momentum here it belongs to Green Bay. The Bears have struggled within the divison this season. Swept by the Lions, barely winning at home vs. the Vikings and losing the rematch at Minnesota, getting a break when Rodgers left the game at Green Bay early. This team is just one injury and one play away from being winless in the NFC North this season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of Packer fans are always over-confident.
And a lot of Packer fans think Rodgers can single-handedly beat any team.

I'm the reverse as you know, naturally pessimistic and still have scars from losses like to Philly in 2003, Arizona in 2009, Minnesota in 2004 (Culpepper, Moss moon)..... I am taking the approach I took in 2010 playoff run, and I will keep betting AGAINST us, starting today.

Like that Super Bowl, I will personally buy us a Super Bowl.
That one cost me a lot as it was 2 final regular season games, and 4 playoff games. Of betting losses. Or heartbreak insurance.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A lot of Packer fans are always over-confident.
And a lot of Packer fans think Rodgers can single-handedly beat any team.

I'm the reverse as you know, naturally pessimistic and still have scars from losses like to Philly in 2003, Arizona in 2009, Minnesota in 2004 (Culpepper, Moss moon)..... I am taking the approach I took in 2010 playoff run, and I will keep betting AGAINST us, starting today.

Like that Super Bowl, I will personally buy us a Super Bowl.
That one cost me a lot as it was 2 final regular season games, and 4 playoff games. Of betting losses. Or heartbreak insurance.

Jeez Frank, thanks for pis$ing in my cornflakes this morning. :laugh:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree, they may not like what can happen

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official: I just made my wager on the Bears moneyline for +140.
I hope it's like 2010 where I buy us victories for 4-5 straight games to a title.
I spent a lot betting against us that year from week 16 vs NYG to week 17 vs Chicago, thru the playoffs.
I don't have that much $ in my Bovada account though right now.... any help folks? $$$

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Packer fans are brainwashed into thinking they are better than the Bears n Vikes.

And Jennings will be brainwashed next week into thinking that he will be watching the Packers play while he is sitting on his couch.

:sneaky: