Pack vs Cards part 2

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any news yet on Shields, Rollins and Adams?
don't they usually put that out on Wednesday? being the playoffs and short week, i don't expect the team or "sources" to release much or have much to give out at this time of year no matter what it is. I bet Shields with be gametime decision again. I hope Adams can play. He seems to be gaining some confidence back, which is what he needed. Rollins helps our 2ndary a lot.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't they usually put that out on Wednesday? being the playoffs and short week, i don't expect the team or "sources" to release much or have much to give out at this time of year no matter what it is. I bet Shields with be gametime decision again. I hope Adams can play. He seems to be gaining some confidence back, which is what he needed. Rollins helps our 2ndary a lot.

Leading up to a Sunday game, the Packers generally disclose information on injuries like this:

Wednesday: Practice Participation (i.e., did not participate, limited participation, full participation)
Thursday: Practice Participation
Friday: No Practice; Practice Participation Estimated. The official injury report is released later in the day (i.e.
Questionable, Doubtful, Out)
Saturday: Walk through. Updated injury report.
Sunday: Final inactive/active designations

How will this look with the short week? We know McCarthy is giving them the day off today, so I doubt they'll release an estimated practice participation report today. In which case, Mondio is right and we'll have some idea tomorrow (based on both practice participation and McCarthy's comments after practice). McCarthy has been pretty forthcoming on Shields's lack of progress through the concussion protocol, but I wouldn't expect Adams to practice at all leading into the game.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Rob Demovsky it's unlikely that Davante Adams will play at Arizona because of an MCL injury.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona forums...
Herr Eickhorn
"Not trying to be cocky, but I can't see any reason why we can't spank the hell out of GB again."

Umm... pretty sure you are trying to be cocky. Not sure I follow your logic here fine sir. That seems like exactly what you are trying to do.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you quote that one? Just curious because I have heard nothing about an MCL specifically.
http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0478595784892223941-4

"Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer
Packers receiver Davante Adams is unlikely to play Saturday against the Cardinals, according to a source. The fear is that he has a sprained MCL in his right knee. He was injured in Sunday's wild-card win over the Redskins."

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So our receiving corps is down to Cobb, James Jones, and Abbrederis. Oh and Janis, if Rodgers agrees to allow him on the field.

I'm more pessimistic about this one...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So our receiving corps is down to Cobb, James Jones, and Abbrederis. Oh and Janis, if Rodgers agrees to allow him on the field.

I'm more pessimistic about this one...

Yeah, mix in a little Lacy, Stark, Kuhn, RR... It's not a positive for sure. But if it is true. That is what they have to work with. Better to know now then to go into the game relaying on a guy. Only for him to get hurt.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So our receiving corps is down to Cobb, James Jones, and Abbrederis. Oh and Janis, if Rodgers agrees to allow him on the field...I'm more pessimistic about this one...
I'm pretty excited about Abby & Janis seeing significant playing time. Jones & Janis on the outside, Cobb & Abby working the middle/short routes. One of the vets needs to be in Janis' ear about catching everything thrown to him Saturday.

Pop a long one to Janis early and watch the passing game open up. Would also remove a safety from the box giving the running game a little more room. Don't like that Adams is hurt, but opportunity knocks. There are 2 WR's on the Practice Squad but don't know what roster move could happen to clear a spot for 1, but gotta think 4 WR's isn't acceptable.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about Abby & Janis seeing significant playing time. Jones & Janis on the outside, Cobb & Abby working the middle/short routes. One of the vets needs to be in Janis' ear about catching everything thrown to him Saturday.

Pop a long one to Janis early and watch the passing game open up. Would also remove a safety from the box giving the running game a little more room. Don't like that Adams is hurt, but opportunity knocks.

I know what you're saying with speed on the outside, but Janis has 2 catches on 11 targets on the season. Doubt he sees much action on Saturday.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers HAVE to get pressure on Palmer, disrupt his timing, force him into some mistakes.
The Packer HAVE to protect Rodgers. No silly mistakes/turnovers. This is going to have to be our best game of the season..

Cincinnatus_WKRP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next man up, I guess? I am excited to get to see more Abbrerderis, but I'd still rather have him and Adams available.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, this sucks. I had a feeling Davante was going to go off in this one.

Eddie and Starks have to show up big time.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im hoping this is a false leak, but not optimistic. We can't catch a break. As to the rest Jones and Cobb are not good enough by themselves and Abby has never been able to stay healthy.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, this sucks. I had a feeling Davante was going to go off in this one.

Eddie and Starks have to show up big time.

I agree, the whole team has to play well though... Get pressure. Don't drop like 6 picks that they should have had last week. Win field position, and of course Aaron is going to have to play lights out.

I think one big key will be beating AZ last gameplan, which was like 3 or 4 man rushes. Lots of coverage. The line needs to hold up. If we can get them out of that early, it bodes well for being able to mix things up more. I would also like to see more play-action. The vikings proved you don't have to have a high power offense to beat Arizona. (They have a much worse offense overall if you ask me, and they stayed with Arizona much of that game)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just when it looked like he turned a corner. Oh well, it's how it goes I guess. Abbrederis got his snaps last game, I suspect the same. Has Janis seen 5 offensive snaps in the past 5 games? I'm not expecting him to even see the field if he hasn't already.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
"An MCL sprain is usually caused one of two ways. In contact sports such as football and soccer, the MCL can be damaged when an opponent applies force to the outside aspect of the knee"
http://www.upmc.com/Services/sports-medicine/injuries/knee/Pages/mcl-lcl.aspx

Or when your fat *** tight-end falls on his own teammate...

Looking at the replay, it looks like as his leg is compressed by the falling teammate, his heel is pushed wide of his own butt and is torqued to the right. Had it contacted the butt, probably nothing bad happens. But as it was, looks like his knee took some extreme stress.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, the whole team has to play well though... Get pressure. Don't drop like 6 picks that they should have had last week. Win field position, and of course Aaron is going to have to play lights out.

I think one big key will be beating AZ last gameplan, which was like 3 or 4 man rushes. Lots of coverage. The line needs to hold up. If we can get them out of that early, it bodes well for being able to mix things up more. I would also like to see more play-action. The vikings proved you don't have to have a high power offense to beat Arizona. (They have a much worse offense overall if you ask me, and they stayed with Arizona much of that game)
They should watch the Seahawks Arizona film too. Seattle clearly did something right against them.

We truly have to show up in all three aspects of the game, ride or die. And you're so right about the dropped picks. Drives me crazy.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy not really commenting on injuries in the press conference. Says he'll have a better idea on everyone tomorrow. Shields still in the concussion protocol