1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pack vs Cards part 2

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    This is it!!!

I am gladly eating crow for the Washington win.

Now lets see how the offense can play vs Arizona

• Like Like x 1
  2. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    The question is, is our offense really back on track or was it just playing well against a poor Washington defense?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +372
    The key to this game is our O-Line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +275
    Yeah, I know they were talking about that Redskin secondary prior to this game. It's kinda tough to say, early on it looked like Rodgers and co were just doing the same old thing they were doing prior weeks with a stuffed run here, a deep ball there, spinning around and trying to throw while running around in the pocket. Looked like he started doing better after they started getting a bit more of those no-huddle and little bit of hurry offense out on the field. Had me scratching my head as to where that was all season. Also, not sure who put on Devante's jersey out there, but sure didn't recognize that guy out there before he got injured.

I'm not getting too excited yet, I do think Arizona is a different animal than Washington, and this is going to take an A-game performance if we're going to win. However there are a few things that might help us.

If we take a different approach, stay patient and stop trying those silly deep balls and take more of a dink and dunk approach kinda like what Minny was doing with Bridgewater today, only better, I think our O has a better chance. And if our O-line can get just a bit more healthier than they were that game, we also might get it done.

The other thing, Arizona may have hit the apex in that win against us, but that bad loss at home against Seattle followed by a bye week may have damaged their confidence a bit coming into the playoffs.

Obviously our first outing against these guys went all wrong, but if Minny after being blown out by those seachickens the first time can come play and be only a shanked FG away from beating them this time, our fortunes can change just the same as that I'd say. But we'll see.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. GoSlash27

GoSlash27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Congrats on the win over Washington! Your guys look solid this year.

Best,
    -Slashy

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    we lost to them coming off a very hectic bye week. this win over washington was what we needed, and it wasn't a lucky win for us like the detroit game. this O clicked because Rodgers did what he is used to because he played smart instead of being frustrated. I have confidence we will go ALL DA WAY! We are a hot team right now. nothing is going to stop us!

• Like Like x 2
  7. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    Besides the offense playing like today we HAVE TO GET AFTER PALMER. He is a older QB and isn't mobile, hitting him will make him second guess every drop back. Also see the correlation between sacks and wins.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +519
    I think a second round in several weeks is going to be quite different. I'm not calling a win, but I think we can hang around and be a nuisance into the 4th.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    If we can make adjustment and get o line playing better..... we have a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frosty

Frosty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I am betting on the Pack wanting a bit of revenge as well.. That should make them practice that much harder and with the offense coming together and actually having fun I could see a win next week for sure. GO PACK GO!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    it all starts up front. While I'd like Shields and Randall and Rollins and everyone 100%, we need to do all the cliche stuff. Stop the run, rush the passer and put hits on the QB. Our offensive line needs to protect Rodgers. Do that and I think we have a better than average chance. Do that consistently and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a few more games. The problem has been consistency all year long with this team.

13. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    redskin fans want our blood in ari. go read their forum. LOL

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,294
    If the offense can at least sustain drives and the o line protects Rodgers. It won't be a blowout. While we beat Washington..we can't forget that Washington was the worse team in the playoffs while Arizona IMO is better than Carolina. Packers going to have to play keep away, and hope Lacy and Starks run as hungry and hard as they did today. I can see Crosby being a major factor in this game and it's indoors which is a plus for the kicking game.

15. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    really? huh... thought that was just a pretty well-fought game all around and wouldn't have expected any bad blood over it

16. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    While I agree that Arizona is a different beast you must be mistaken cause I kept hearing all last week that WE were the worst team in the playoffs.

And Washington in any case was still better than Houston

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,294

My mistake...the worse team we would play in the playoffs . We looked pretty bad.....can you really blame anyone for thinking or saying that prior to this game we were worse than Washington?? No, you can't.

18. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    Considering I never thought Washington was all that great comming out of the NFC East and I still thought we were much more talented yes I can

19. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    I think the Offense did show something today, our receivers played with more precision and they even caught some contested balls. Defensively we held a good offense to 16 points and did it without our best cover corner. I know this Nick Perry looked to be at full strength for the first time since St. Louis and he only trashed Trent Williams on multiple plays. His pass rush on the right side also opened things up for Matthews around the edge. If Perry stays healthy and Sam Shields returns us our defense will be scary good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Getting Shields back is key. He typically has done a nice job on Megatron and I think he would do well against Fitzgerald too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512270crd.htm

The Arizona game really got out of hand on a swing of about 4 plays. The end zone interception failing to capitalize on Mike Daniels' INT, Starks' fumble on the first play from scrimmage of the second half, giving the Cards only a 28 yd. field to score, and the two third quarter strip sack fumble returns.

Take those out and we're looking at a score 17-15, all else being equal. It whittles that 38-8 margin down considerably.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  22. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    We played them tough in first 1/2. To be real the hole we got into lead to the strip sacks. I think our Oline will not be rolled in the last game.

23. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    The losing team in a playoff rematch has one advantage over the winner. They have a lot of film to study to see where they need to improve and what adjustments need to be made. The winner is less likely to make any adjustments and is therefore the more predictable of the two teams. As always, it still comes down to players executing the plays.

Packers 21
    Cardinals 28

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    The Texans are much worse than Washington...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    With MM as head coach, every playoff defeat has come against either the NFC West or the New York Giants. Let's buck that trend.