Pack vs Cards part 2

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is it!!!

I am gladly eating crow for the Washington win.

Now lets see how the offense can play vs Arizona

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question is, is our offense really back on track or was it just playing well against a poor Washington defense?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question is, is our offense really back on track or was it just playing well against a poor Washington defense?

Yeah, I know they were talking about that Redskin secondary prior to this game. It's kinda tough to say, early on it looked like Rodgers and co were just doing the same old thing they were doing prior weeks with a stuffed run here, a deep ball there, spinning around and trying to throw while running around in the pocket. Looked like he started doing better after they started getting a bit more of those no-huddle and little bit of hurry offense out on the field. Had me scratching my head as to where that was all season. Also, not sure who put on Devante's jersey out there, but sure didn't recognize that guy out there before he got injured.

I'm not getting too excited yet, I do think Arizona is a different animal than Washington, and this is going to take an A-game performance if we're going to win. However there are a few things that might help us.

If we take a different approach, stay patient and stop trying those silly deep balls and take more of a **** and dunk approach kinda like what Minny was doing with Bridgewater today, only better, I think our O has a better chance. And if our O-line can get just a bit more healthier than they were that game, we also might get it done.

The other thing, Arizona may have hit the apex in that win against us, but that bad loss at home against Seattle followed by a bye week may have damaged their confidence a bit coming into the playoffs.

Obviously our first outing against these guys went all wrong, but if Minny after being blown out by those seachickens the first time can come play and be only a shanked FG away from beating them this time, our fortunes can change just the same as that I'd say. But we'll see.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on the win over Washington! Your guys look solid this year.

Best,
-Slashy

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we lost to them coming off a very hectic bye week. this win over washington was what we needed, and it wasn't a lucky win for us like the detroit game. this O clicked because Rodgers did what he is used to because he played smart instead of being frustrated. I have confidence we will go ALL DA WAY! We are a hot team right now. nothing is going to stop us!

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Besides the offense playing like today we HAVE TO GET AFTER PALMER. He is a older QB and isn't mobile, hitting him will make him second guess every drop back. Also see the correlation between sacks and wins.

Reaction score
I think a second round in several weeks is going to be quite different. I'm not calling a win, but I think we can hang around and be a nuisance into the 4th.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can make adjustment and get o line playing better..... we have a chance.

Frosty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am betting on the Pack wanting a bit of revenge as well.. That should make them practice that much harder and with the offense coming together and actually having fun I could see a win next week for sure. GO PACK GO!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it all starts up front. While I'd like Shields and Randall and Rollins and everyone 100%, we need to do all the cliche stuff. Stop the run, rush the passer and put hits on the QB. Our offensive line needs to protect Rodgers. Do that and I think we have a better than average chance. Do that consistently and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a few more games. The problem has been consistency all year long with this team.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense can at least sustain drives and the o line protects Rodgers. It won't be a blowout. While we beat Washington..we can't forget that Washington was the worse team in the playoffs while Arizona IMO is better than Carolina. Packers going to have to play keep away, and hope Lacy and Starks run as hungry and hard as they did today. I can see Crosby being a major factor in this game and it's indoors which is a plus for the kicking game.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense can at least sustain drives and the o line protects Rodgers. It won't be a blowout. While we beat Washington..we can't forget that Washington was the worse team in the playoffs while Arizona IMO is better than Carolina. Packers going to have to play keep away, and hope Lacy and Starks run as hungry and hard as they did today. I can see Crosby being a major factor in this game and it's indoors which is a plus for the kicking game.

While I agree that Arizona is a different beast you must be mistaken cause I kept hearing all last week that WE were the worst team in the playoffs.

And Washington in any case was still better than Houston

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that Arizona is a different beast you must be mistaken cause I kept hearing all last week that WE were the worst team in the playoffs.

And Washington in any case was still better than Houston

My mistake...the worse team we would play in the playoffs . We looked pretty bad.....can you really blame anyone for thinking or saying that prior to this game we were worse than Washington?? No, you can't.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mistake...the worse team we would play in the playoffs . We looked pretty bad.....can you really blame anyone for thinking or saying that prior to this game we were worse than Washington?? No, you can't.

Considering I never thought Washington was all that great comming out of the NFC East and I still thought we were much more talented yes I can

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Offense did show something today, our receivers played with more precision and they even caught some contested balls. Defensively we held a good offense to 16 points and did it without our best cover corner. I know this Nick Perry looked to be at full strength for the first time since St. Louis and he only trashed Trent Williams on multiple plays. His pass rush on the right side also opened things up for Matthews around the edge. If Perry stays healthy and Sam Shields returns us our defense will be scary good.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Shields back is key. He typically has done a nice job on Megatron and I think he would do well against Fitzgerald too.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512270crd.htm

The Arizona game really got out of hand on a swing of about 4 plays. The end zone interception failing to capitalize on Mike Daniels' INT, Starks' fumble on the first play from scrimmage of the second half, giving the Cards only a 28 yd. field to score, and the two third quarter strip sack fumble returns.

Take those out and we're looking at a score 17-15, all else being equal. It whittles that 38-8 margin down considerably.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512270crd.htm

The Arizona game really got out of hand on a swing of about 4 plays. The end zone interception failing to capitalize on Mike Daniels' INT, Starks' fumble on the first play from scrimmage of the second half, giving the Cards only a 28 yd. field to score, and the two third quarter strip sack fumble returns.

Take those out and we're looking at a score 17-15, all else being equal. It whittles that 38-8 margin down considerably.

We played them tough in first 1/2. To be real the hole we got into lead to the strip sacks. I think our Oline will not be rolled in the last game.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The losing team in a playoff rematch has one advantage over the winner. They have a lot of film to study to see where they need to improve and what adjustments need to be made. The winner is less likely to make any adjustments and is therefore the more predictable of the two teams. As always, it still comes down to players executing the plays.

Packers 21
Cardinals 28

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MM as head coach, every playoff defeat has come against either the NFC West or the New York Giants. Let's buck that trend.

Members online