Pack vs Cards part 2

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The losing team in a playoff rematch has one advantage over the winner. They have a lot of film to study to see where they need to improve and what adjustments need to be made. The winner is less likely to make any adjustments and is therefore the more predictable of the two teams. As always, it still comes down to players executing the plays.

Packers 21
Cardinals 28
Gee, Rodney Harrison must have been reading this post. He said the same thing yesterday.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a sampling of the posts from the Cardinals forum. According to Cardinal fans, Green Bay has no chance at all.

Hope the Packers start yapping - seem to have a lot of confidence after beating a team in the playoffs like Washington that did not beat a team with a winning record all year. I am more worried about the refs letting their OL hold and grab like they did against the Redskins and not call holding. Even if we don't get the defensive TD's Saturday like the last game, we will still win by 10. We should be healthy and ready to go.

We all know Rodgers will take his shots in the media against the Cardinals this week.

Julius peppers is going to bump his lips talking about his GB team and how other teams measure up? Let’s serve them another whipping to remind them and their fans that they are not the big dog in this league.

Arizona doesn’t need anything to get them ready to beat GB. They will be focused and have blood in their eyes.

Green Bay fans travel well. One of the largest fan bases for any NFL team. They could fill up half the stadium this weekend.

Stat of the day …the Green Bay Packers are 0-4 in the playoffs since 2010 against opponents from the NFC West.

Rodgers won’t have any time to throw Saturday. Unlike the Skins, we have a really great front four. You watch, we pitch the shutout this week.

Green Bay doesn't match up well against us on any level. They can't protect the QB, their run game is pathetic, their linebackers and corners can't cover in space and they play way too much zone. We are going to eat them alive.

Today, Green Bay exactly played Washington how they played all year. GB did not dominate in any facet of the game. GB is kind of league average actually, but can put together some drives and score. Last year's MVP, Rodgers, is old news and not playing anywhere near '14. I won't let anyone tell me differently about him this year. Cards 35, Packers 17

Green Bay doesn't belong on the same field as the Cardinals. Palmer will be well rested. Cards 55-10.

The Pack will suffer greatly, but not before they score a touchdown first. Starts off at 0-7, then ends up being 42-7 Cards. Winning the Super Bowl is in the Cards.

We roll em. Aaron Rodgers gets harassed all day.
:inlove:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a sampling of the posts from the Cardinals forum. According to Cardinal fans, Green Bay has no chance at all.

Hope the Packers start yapping - seem to have a lot of confidence after beating a team in the playoffs like Washington that did not beat a team with a winning record all year. I am more worried about the refs letting their OL hold and grab like they did against the Redskins and not call holding. Even if we don't get the defensive TD's Saturday like the last game, we will still win by 10. We should be healthy and ready to go.

We all know Rodgers will take his shots in the media against the Cardinals this week.

Julius peppers is going to bump his lips talking about his GB team and how other teams measure up? Let’s serve them another whipping to remind them and their fans that they are not the big dog in this league.

Arizona doesn’t need anything to get them ready to beat GB. They will be focused and have blood in their eyes.

Stat of the day …the Green Bay Packers are 0-4 in the playoffs since 2010 against opponents from the NFC West.

Rodgers won’t have any time to throw Saturday. Unlike the Skins, we have a really great front four. You watch, we pitch the shutout this week.

Green Bay doesn't match up well against us on any level. They can't protect the QB, their run game is pathetic, their linebackers and corners can't cover in space and they play way too much zone. We are going to eat them alive.

Today, Green Bay exactly played Washington how they played all year. GB did not dominate in any facet of the game. GB is kind of league average actually, but can put together some drives and score. Last year's MVP, Rodgers, is old news and not playing anywhere near '14. I won't let anyone tell me differently about him this year. Cards 35, Packers 17

Green Bay doesn't belong on the same field as the Cardinals. Palmer will be well rested. Cards 55-10.

The Pack will suffer greatly, but not before they score a touchdown first. Starts off at 0-7, then ends up being 42-7 Cards. Winning the Super Bowl is in the Cards.

Nothing wrong with a team's fans believing in their team. How boring would an NFL playoff game be if they didn't? Maybe we are growing accustomed to the negative Packer fans who post here.

I just hope the Card players are just as confident.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Complaining about the refs already? The game doesn't kick off for another 5 days. This guy/girl only thinks Arizona will win by 10? Does this make him a pessimist on their board?

Rodgers is so mean.

But not as mean as Peppers!

Nothing like some message board speculation about how motivated a particular team is. I'm sure the Packers aren't going to be motivated for a playoff game, so they'll have a huge edge here, what with the blood in their eyes and all.

This is true. Palmer is also 0-2 in the playoffs. That is also true.

The Skins have a better pass rush than the Cardinals, so there's that. They got a lot of pressure two weeks ago though, so it's definitely possible. I'd be shocked if it's a shutout.

Green Bay really amounts to an average Pop Warner team.

If this person has watched Green Bay, then he'd know we did not play Washington how we played all year. We didn't dominate in any facet, yet we won going away? Must've been a great all around effort. I would love to tell this guy/girl differently about Rodgers late Saturday night.

Ha.

Ha.

It's possible.

D

Deleted member 6794

So as I said.... When everyone else starts believing then you will to.

To not give them a little more benefit of the doubt than the average on-looker might.

I don't care about what everyone else thinks about the Packers, I'm capable of forming my own opinion. The offense has struggled for the most part of 13 games, a good performance over three quarters against a below average defense doesn't make me believe they're back to last year's level.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about what everyone else thinks about the Packers, I'm capable of forming my own opinion. The offense has struggled for the most part of 13 games, a good performance over three quarters against a below average defense doesn't make me believe they're back to last year's level.

They will never be last years level... They had Jordy, I don't/wouldn't expect them to be on that level. On a bright note the defense isn't either they are much much better.

D

Deleted member 6794

They will never be last years level... They had Jordy, I don't/wouldn't expect them to be on that level. On a bright note the defense isn't either they are much much better.

There's no doubt the defense is much better this season. Unfortunately, even with the unit's,improvements, the offense will have to play close to last year's level for us to win at Arizona.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt the defense is much better this season. Unfortunately, even with the unit's,improvements, the offense will have to play close to last year's level for us to win at Arizona.

Our offense definitely has to be productive Saturday, but I don't think they'll have to play at last year's level. I think our defense needs to come up big if we're planning on going any further than this round. Our DBs dropped a few could-be interceptions yesterday; that absolutely cannot happen against Arizona if we want to win. We have to take advantage of every opportunity we get.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our offense definitely has to be productive Saturday, but I don't think they'll have to play at last year's level. I think our defense needs to come up big if we're planning on going any further than this round. Our DBs dropped a few could-be interceptions yesterday; that absolutely cannot happen against Arizona if we want to win. We have to take advantage of every opportunity we get.

Well, the Cardinals average more than 30 points a game and it will be extremely tough for our defense to hold them under 20 points. In this scenario the offense will have to play at a high level for the Packers to win.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing Rodgers smiling, joking with mm, having fun with teamates makes me think the rift was put aside yesterday.

Even when they played Oakland and Dallas I didn't get the feeling as I did yesterday.

I don't think they beat Arizona, but I think the offense really shows up this time

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Our Def has been playoff ready for a while

Last edited:

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Cardinals average more than 30 points a game and it will be extremely tough for our defense to hold them under 20 points. In this scenario the offense will have to play at a high level for the Packers to win.

Yeah, I think it's unlikely that we can hold them to under 20, but it's just as unlikely IMO that we can score in the 30s. They only gave up 30+ points in two games this year, and both of those games were against the Seahawks. I think we have to hold them to around 24 and create one defensive touchdown or short field touchdown to have a legitimate chance.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no different than hockey. If the defense commits a penalty then it's a delayed penalty and the offense is allowed to play on. If the offense commits a penalty then play is stopped.

Well its a little different than hockey because hockey sucks but other than that yeah, pretty much the same thing.:D

Cincinnatus_WKRP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think getting a good pass rush as they did against Washington is going to be key. Carson can be rattled, and when he's rattled, he's bound to throw a pick or two. Of course, this assumes the 1Q Packers offense doesn't show up again.

I find this to be one of the fascinating aspects of the NFL playoffs. The short schedule (relative to other sports) doesn't really give you a "true-talent level" understanding of each team. And even if it did, the "one-game" aspect creates lots of anything can happen possibilities. I don't know how I'd bet yet, but I have this odd feeling that the Packers will at least make it interesting. And, after the Bears/Lions/Vikings/Cardinals games, that's not awful.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We obviously have different views on this. But I think all these rules that are helping the offense will harm the game. Sure, the fast scoring offenses are fun for a bit. But then we will easily get bored of fans begin to boo their team when they are not putting up 35+ points every game. We are a perfect example of that. We have lost joy for the game because we expect the team to go down the field every drive.

Interference calls are a judgment call. How many times every week do we see calls that should not be called interference and refs will change games because an interference call gets them 40 yds chunks.

Saying they are calls that should not be called is in itself a judgement call. It is no more valid than the refs judgement that they should be called in the first place. We can disagree with the call but to say they shouldn't be called says your opinion means more than the refs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I'd take the Packers on that line if I was betting... Think that's pretty generous. The game... I don't think it as far as people want to believe. If the Pack play well look at what Minnesota did to Seattle after being blown out.

Hard to do that twice.

That's because you are a Packer fan and you have faith. If I were you I'd wait to place that bet because I think the line will get bigger by the end of the week. That 8% someone mentioned, it's all Packers fans. No one else is giving us a chance.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see, we start with last game's score 38-8. Now, this time we eliminate turnovers, lets see (scratch, scratch) Ah!= 21 fewer points for the Birds. Score now (17-8) Hmmm, not good. Ah, more time for us with the ball and at a 33% rate, that gives us +7 points, lets see (scratch, scratch) Ah, score now (17-15)... Hmmmm, still not good.

Defense forces two more turnovers in Bird territory, and at a 50% rate, that gives us 3 more points, gives them 7 less points. Lets see, (scratch scratch) Ah, score now (10-18) Yea, that's good!!! But Birds now in hurry up offense, score 7 more points (boooooo), miss 2 pt conversion (yeaaaaaa). That makes it, ummmm (16-18). Onside kick, Adams actually catches the ball, we don't fumble, we don't get picked off, clock runs out, we go home and Seattle comes to our house next week! Yea!!!!!!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think their performance since then might be a good reason.

Yes and no. I do understand what you are saying they certainly have not shown us much, if anything to get excited about so that is a good reason but I think his point was more that at some point why can't we get back to that team and why can't it happen against the Cardinals. No, it hasn't happened yet but better late than never right.

I also think it may have been a bit of looking for hope wherever you can find it type thing on his part. ;)

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all seriousness, its the same as last week. It just depends how we play. If we play a sharp, tight game, we have a shot. If not, we get whacked again. I don't see AZ playing a bad game after what Seattle did to them week 17. I expect they are a bit ticked right now. If we can get one or two turnovers ourselves, especially in their territory that will be big. If Adams, Rollins and Shields are out, it could get real ugly again. We need to keep their offense off the field as much as possible to have a chance. That's probably goal #1, 2, 3 and 4.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to be able to get consistent pressure on Palmer and get some hits on him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fanatic supporter of the Packers for almost 20 years, no matter if the team won or lost, so calling me a bandwagoner is complete BS.

With that being said I'm still capable of evaluating the team in an objective way. There's no denying the offense has struggled for the most part since week 4 and three goid quarters against a below average defense missing three of their top six defensive backs doesn't result in me being convinced that the unit is past its struggles.

That's at least the second time you wrote "goid" if you are going for the hooked on phonics pronunciation shouldn't it be "gooid":D

Seriously, its no shame to be suspect of this teams abilities right now. I know I am. If I am not mistaken you were one of the few people who felt, as I did, that it was the Panthers going into a prevent mode that allowed our comeback more so that anything we "figured out" about them.

Some people have to realize that it it OK to think your team is going to lose. When you are playing a superior foe its the outcome that is going to happen most of the time. That reminds me that it is also OK to admit your foe is superior. You can't be the best team all the time, sometimes other teams are better. It doesn't make you a better fan because you constantly come up with way, real or imagined, why your team is better than everyone else. On a side note to that it is also OK to admit that players on teams you hate are good players.

Members online

Latest posts