Over-confident, egotistical Packer fans?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty, shed some positive light on the defense. 300+ yards is never a good statistic, but we gave up ONE TD to the chiefs offense.
This team had not scored more than 10 points in a game since before Halloween.
Yet they marched up & down the field on us from the opening drive to the closing drive, the biggest one of the game.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet they marched up & down the field on us from the opening drive to the closing drive, the biggest one of the game.
That one TD the scored was the 2nd TD the Cheifs have scored in the last 4 games...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Haley was a terrible coach. That's why he was fired. Crenell is 10x the coach Haley ever was.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously this is just ridiculous. Yes, no one EVER WANTS to lose a game, but this is just one that we dropped. Just one. 13-1 is nothing to be upset about, hell, most teams would still LOVE to have our record.

Lets count our blessings:

1) We won the NFC North

2) We have the first round bye in the playoffs.

3) We are still very much able to get home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Our final two games of the season come against the waning Bears and the thuggish Lions, and they are in Lambeau. Both of those games should be won, and more than likely will be. I expect this team to come out of the tunnel Christmas night FIRED UP and looking to decimate the Bears royally. If this doesn't put a fire under the whole teams butt I do not know what will.

As I mentioned before, it is not like we just don't have anything left to play for, we still NEED to get home field advantage in the playoffs. I know we can do it!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
have you heard of Time of Possession? What about 3rd Down conversions? What about field position? have you heard of those?

Last I checked, points determined the outcome of games. We should be able to outscore 19 points.

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
And another thing, All those games where the Chiefs didn't score any points, they had a different, and FAR WORSE QB under center and they also are under new leadership. Maybe they changed up the play calling a ton from what they've previously done (Not sure as I haven't watched them that much). While we didn't play that great on defense, the Chiefs did a fantastic job of keeping us off balance all game but I will say the lack of an adjustment on D at the end of the game was a bit concerning.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, the defense wasn't the problem today. When you give up 19 points, you expect to win. It was the offense, particularly Finley and the OL.
The defense also was at fault, big time.
Kyle Orton, who had only played a few plays as a member of this team, and who had been disposed of like trash by 2 prior teams, was 23/31 for 299 yards and no interceptions.
He was sacked zero times.
He converted EIGHTEEN (18) first downs with completions.
They had 438 net yards.They averaged 6.3 yards per play.

Remember, this is Kyle Orton we're talking about, and he was missing the Chiefs best player Jammal Charles. Also, their best (or 2nd) best player on defense, Eric Berry, is out for the year as well.
It was very windy out there, for Rodgers and Crosby.

But Kyle Orton carved us up, and kept our offense from getting the ball back, and in better field position.

The defense is at fault today as much as the offense. Plus if the defense had just 3 & outted them on the last drive, we'd have gotten the ball back with about 1:30 to go and might have stolen the win. But they simply could not contain.... Jackie Battle.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is We
Last I checked, points determined the outcome of games. We should be able to outscore 19 points.

Points determine the Outcomes of games yes, but last I checked, when I look at the Final Score of a game, it doesn't tell me what happened in the game?

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..and I'd have to point out while you're absolutely correct, the reality of the situation comes down to this ..
Haley was a terrible coach. That's why he was fired. Crenell is 10x the coach Haley ever was.
It's obvious the Chiefs played their hearts out today for that reason alone. Hali had a field day with our inexperienced O line.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The defense also was at fault, big time.
Kyle Orton, who had only played a few plays as a member of this team, and who had been disposed of like trash by 2 prior teams, was 23/31 for 299 yards and no interceptions.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that Kyle Orton is Ryan Leaf. He is the guy who led the Bears to the Super Bowl, where Grossman promptly lost it.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the same Crennel who was fired in Cleveland after going 24-40 over 4 years, finishing 4-12?
Haley was 10-6 last year and won the division last year.
This year, in the first 2 games, he lost Eric Berry and Jamaal Charles to season-ending injuries, and then lost his QB who had about a 100 passer-rating last year.

Both are mediocre coaches at best, but certainly neither is 10x, or even much better than the other. Let's not use that coaching thing as an excuse.
And let's not use the excuse that "well this was the Chiefs big game this year, their Super Bowl".
We face that every week, and had won 13 times facing that.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers would have looked a TON better if there weren't so many dropped passes. It is truth. Also, it looked as if Rodgers was a bit off. Over and under throwing passes, and not running as much as he was in previous games. I still think if Finley had caught those passes, and Driver had caught that first down ball that he could have scored in the first half.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, Frankie. Have it your way. The Packers are a terrible team and are going nowhere. Does that about sum it up for you?

I'm thinking it's time to employ the ignore system.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this thread?

Sure, there are some Packers fans who make ***** of themselves by proclaiming our "invincibility," but this post isn't any better. Lighten up. We're 13-1. We're going to have home field advantage in the playoffs. We're still the best team in the league. Of course we're not invincible, nobody is. Why put so much energy into caring about the tiny minority of people who like to beat their chests about the Packers being invincible? It's not worth it.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By the way, Frankie. Why don't you back up your original post? You mention there were a lot of "egotistical Packer fans" who were saying we were unbeatable. I'm still waiting on those names.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
lol everytime someone has criticism about the team everyone takes it as an insult like we are a terrible football team and aren't going to win anything.

It's like when we lose, people would think it's impossible for it to be because of playing bad football. And when they do play bad football and someone points it out, they are an ungrateful, hater jack-*** who needs to shut up and or get off this forum.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Honestly, Crennel can be tricky once in a while. He pretty much owned Peyton Manning at times. Even with the Browns he managed to confuse him and the Colts would squeak out the win. And this was after years of playing vs. him with NE.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm as dissapointed as anyone else in here but, c'mon - it's one game. We're 13-1. The Packers are a great team. Granted, today they played like crap but we still have the best record in the NFL. I'm glad we were beat by the Chef's (intentional misspelling) rather than the Bears, Vikings or Lions. Let's brush ourselves off and re-group for next week.
For all of you haters, I'll take your Packers stock if you don't want it anymore.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! :eek: THE SKY IS FALLING! :eek: Some fans had faith in the team they love and they were wrong for ONE WHOLE GAME. :eek: Shame on them for believing in their team. Shame on Coach McCarthy for saying he always insists they can win every game. Shame on the Packers for saying it was possible. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. :mad:

This whole team needs to be fired and rebuilt. Fire McCArthy, Fire TT. Bring back Favre! They lost one. The Defense is terrible, the offense is terrible, the special teams are terrible, the popcorn vendors are terrible, the parking lot attendants are terrible. Shame on them.....

We should ALL be fair weather fans who are only happy when they win and always find fault with the team....

Members online

Latest posts