Over-confident, egotistical Packer fans?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Packer fans here and other sites who said we were unbeatable.
I commented on some of them.

There is no such thing as unbeatable.

Number one, we've never had to play a stretch of games without our #1 receiver, Greg Jennings. People under-estimate how great he is, as people under-estimated how great Nick Collins was. Not sure why that is.... maybe just arrogance, or maybe because we overcame a ton of injuries last year. But they weren't key guys other than Finley.

And you are seeing how overrated Finley was. He A) drops way too many passes, B) doesn't even get seperation on anyone anymore.... the Chiefs got guys way more open than he gets. So do 2 tight ends on the Patriots.

And the other reason I said we were beatable (see the poll), was because our defense SUCKS. Turnovers are partly luck. Great QBs don't serve up Ints. Drew Brees didn't to us in week one, and he didn't when we played him a few years ago. When we do not get turnovers, our defense SUCKS PERIOD.

They can't get 3 & outs ever. They can't get field position for us.

It started like that today with the first drive of the game. 2 short runs and it was 3rd & 8 at the KC 22 yard line. Capers called a great blitz from the edge by safety Burnett, who came in untouched at Orton. But the bast*rd Sam Shields couldn't even cover for 2 seconds as he fell down. Just fell down.
Allowed a first down instead of an early 3 & out which would have given us great field position. On the rest of that drive to start the game, we allowed a few more 3rd down conversions as they marched to the 1-yard line and settled for the FG.

Even though our defense held them to FGs most of the time, they allowed the Chiefs to keep the ball too long, move the chains, and keep Rodgers off the field, out of rythym.

Not only did that keep us out of rythym, it kept Tamba Hali fresh.

We've seen our defense carved up many times this year like this, but we usually got bailed out by bad passes for Ints. Today, we saw Woodson bite on one, and it allowed the guy to be wide open... and no pick.

Our defense is suspect, and Drew Brees would light us up right now for about 50 points. Hell, I think Tebow's Broncos would carve us up... you see our run defense on the final drive of the game when we knew KC would run to try and run the clock out? THEY STILL RAN RIGHT THRU US, inside, and outside, easy first downs. Pathetic. Knowing they were running, we still didn't come close to stopping them there. Denver would rush for 350 yards on the defense we saw today.

Where are those fans who said we were unbeatable because we had Aaron Rodgers, now?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to gloat or rub it in.
I dunno why we are arguing or bringing up negative feelings towards each other on here.
We are all Packers fans.
Can't we all unite behind the team and get along all the time?
Instead it's like "Ha ha! They lost! I told you so!"

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Really? Are you seriously going to sit here and call players dirty names? GROW UP!

Dude, shut up. Seriously. I swear people on here. More hypersensitive than my ex-girlfriend.

You aren't a moderator, stop trying to act like one.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, WHO?
Really? Are you seriously going to sit here and call players dirty names? GROW UP!
That's not a dirty name. Just a bad play. Horrible. he deserved some type of adjective though..... don't you think, for that play which set the tone for the whole game?
What's a more appropriate adjective in your opinion there? "overmatched" "error-prone" "clutsy" "un-coordinated" ???
I'll change it you whatever one you select.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You don't have to gloat or rub it in.
I dunno why we are arguing or bringing up negative feelings towards each other on here.
We are all Packers fans.
Can't we all unite behind the team and get along all the time?
Instead it's like "Ha ha! They lost! I told you so!"

This.

Oh and don't forget to praise the Saints.

Reaction score
Unbeatable? No. But we weren't beat today without the lack of pass rush on our end: Pickett being out? Couldn't hurt having him in. Bishop out? Didn't help having him out either. Collins would have not had as many mental mistakes today.

Also, we were literally down to 5 linemen. Then we would have to start playing Goode, our long snapper and probably BJ Raji. Heck, BJ would have done a better job blocking then Sherrod and Dietrich-Smith combined. Hali solely won the game for them. That and the fact when it came down to the final 3 plays, you knew you were going to run the ball and you couldn't stop them. That was the sickening part to me. All the defense had to do was not give up 1 first down and we would have won that football game. Orton did the same thing to us when he was on the Broncos and right when I heard he was playing, I knew it would be a tough game. This tough? Probably not. If the defense got one... just one turnover, this game would have a different outcome. Guarantee it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, this team is so terrible they're 13-1 and their QB is set to break numerous records, they only have clinched the division and a first round bye, and probably home field through the playoffs, but boy do they suck.....:cry:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This goes back to my question, when i asked a while back if we lost a game would everyone start throwing the team under the bridge and blaming the players, coach and so forth?

As the weeks went by it was no more "We're lucky to win, that was a damn good game" it became "We better go 16-0" as if it's a DEMAND from the fans.

You can't always get what you want....But 13-1, I'm happy we're that, even though our defense gives up way more yards than our offense gains.

We will not win the Super Bowl unless changes are made. THAT IS A FACT.

All year long it's been "The defense sucks, who cares? Rodgers can out score anybody!"

This team reminds me of the 2010 New England Patriots. Same thing "We don't care how bad our defense is, we lead the league in interceptions, Brady can out score anybody and everybody"

Remember, the 1990 49ers? This team reminds me of the 49ers offense in a way, in racking up points, but when they repeated, they actually had a damn good defense that was ranked in the top 5, and didn't give up go ahead points. But you remember when that high powered offense in it's prime got shut down? It don't matter if we have the greatest offensive unit of all time, the 2007 Patriots had one too, and they got shut down before it was too late. The 49ers in 1990 had the same killer offense for the last 3 years. NO ONE COULD STOP THEM and some how, some way the Giants did in the playoffs. What about those Ram teams under Kurt Warner? The Greatest show on turf, they absolutely rolled everyone, but in time they got shut down too.

This was bound to happen, it really was. But would you have rather went undefeated and this happened against a team in the playoffs? All you gotta do is shut down Rodgers which ain't easy, and your offense no matter how bad they are can absolutely roll over this Packers defense, just make sure you don't turn the ball over. Brees and the Saints would put 500 yards on this team easily. The Chiefs made us look really bad, when we gave up 400 yards to them, if we played a team with an elite offense, we probably would have been blown out really bad in this game.

This can be a blessing in disguise. Instead of throwing the team under the bus I think everyone needs to see this through as home improvement. Rodgers and the turnovers couldn't bail out the 31st ranked defense in the league. And like commentators on Fox were saying "McCarthy now can yell at his team and tell them to get it together on defense" BINGO! When you lose a game, you go through and fix the problems. No one wants to lose a game, but when you do, you have material you can go back and fix to be better. Perfection don't exist. We no longer have the stigma of being undefeated on our backs, time to get back to Earth.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You are wrong.
They never once needed a wake up call!

Yes they did. You can't expect to win games in this league playing inconsistent on defense from week to week and relying on your QB to do all the work and get you out of tough situations

It is laughable to see a defense with so many great players play so poorly.

You can't as an offense drop over 10 passes and expect to win football games

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, shut up. Seriously. I swear people on here. More hypersensitive than my ex-girlfriend.

You aren't a moderator, stop trying to act like one.

I concur
I've seen Packer fans here and other sites who said we were unbeatable.
I commented on some of them.

There is no such thing as unbeatable.

Number one, we've never had to play a stretch of games without our #1 receiver, Greg Jennings. People under-estimate how great he is, as people under-estimated how great Nick Collins was. Not sure why that is.... maybe just arrogance, or maybe because we overcame a ton of injuries last year. But they weren't key guys other than Finley.

And you are seeing how overrated Finley was. He A) drops way too many passes, B) doesn't even get seperation on anyone anymore.... the Chiefs got guys way more open than he gets. So do 2 tight ends on the Patriots.

And the other reason I said we were beatable (see the poll), was because our defense SUCKS. Turnovers are partly luck. Great QBs don't serve up Ints. Drew Brees didn't to us in week one, and he didn't when we played him a few years ago. When we do not get turnovers, our defense SUCKS PERIOD.

They can't get 3 & outs ever. They can't get field position for us.

It started like that today with the first drive of the game. 2 short runs and it was 3rd & 8 at the KC 22 yard line. Capers called a great blitz from the edge by safety Burnett, who came in untouched at Orton. But the bast*rd Sam Shields couldn't even cover for 2 seconds as he fell down. Just fell down.
Allowed a first down instead of an early 3 & out which would have given us great field position. On the rest of that drive to start the game, we allowed a few more 3rd down conversions as they marched to the 1-yard line and settled for the FG.

Even though our defense held them to FGs most of the time, they allowed the Chiefs to keep the ball too long, move the chains, and keep Rodgers off the field, out of rythym.

Not only did that keep us out of rythym, it kept Tamba Hali fresh.

We've seen our defense carved up many times this year like this, but we usually got bailed out by bad passes for Ints. Today, we saw Woodson bite on one, and it allowed the guy to be wide open... and no pick.

Our defense is suspect, and Drew Brees would light us up right now for about 50 points. Hell, I think Tebow's Broncos would carve us up... you see our run defense on the final drive of the game when we knew KC would run to try and run the clock out? THEY STILL RAN RIGHT THRU US, inside, and outside, easy first downs. Pathetic. Knowing they were running, we still didn't come close to stopping them there. Denver would rush for 350 yards on the defense we saw today.

Where are those fans who said we were unbeatable because we had Aaron Rodgers, now?

The Defense in the REDZONE was good enough, how many games can be won putting up 14 points? We only got to 14 when there were 2 minutes left in the game, that's pretty TERRIBLE...I think Rodgers is as much to blame as the drops...you can't discount how well KC's defense played the Packers...Tough game, forgot what this felt like & maybe the Packers did too...

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear to God a few of you almost seem happy the Packers lose and it is almost sad. And the Saints love is getting to the point I might as well be ON a Saints forum.
Yeah, really .. I sense a Brees bandwagon coming slowly over the horizon .. cheer up, guys. It was a game the Chiefs were playing their hearts out for at home. like someone else on the forum said during the game, we all have off games.

In all honesty, shed some positive light on the defense. 300+ yards is never a good statistic, but we gave up ONE TD to the chiefs offense. It could have easily been 40 to 16, Chiefs. Let's be even more optimistic we're getting our man Jennings back before the playoffs.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you cant fix the lack of pass rush, and theres not a CB that can cover forever

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
So we were confident in our team. Is that such a bad thing?

We didn't play good today and that the bottom line. But guess what? We're 13-1 and can still wrap up home field advantage this week with a Steelers victory over the 49ers and we'll have a bye week to rest up our injured players and get healthy. If we are healthy I honestly don't think anyone can beat us.

Members online

Latest posts