1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT...basketball

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by gopkrs, Aug 2, 2020.

1. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    And now they're back. Playoffs resume. Wow. Interesting 24 hours. We'll see how this reverberates.

2. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Goodell started down this slippery slope by allowing all the pink garbage on the field. I said then that all the political junk has to stay off the field. That stuff can be done on other venues. None of this extraneous stuff belongs between the lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think today's games are also postponed though, correct?

4. Sunshinepacker

Packer Fan Since:
    Protests should he peaceful, except the ones I don't like. And I don't know how to say this gently, but cancer isn't a political issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Suddenly freedom of speech and expression doesn't seem so free. I wonder what has transpired over the last 3 years, 220 days, 0 hours, and 27 minutes to create this change?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Seriously, yes. Blake had already shrugged off a taser, and the cops had already shown they were no match for him physically. They had a felony warrant for his arrest, including sexual assault. Do they just let him get in his car and drive away? With the children? Did the cops even know whose children they were? What if he rapes someone else? So if you can fight the cops to a standstill, you just get to walk?

The thing most of these guys have in common is not the color of their skin (which I consider irrelevant). It's that they have criminal records a mile long and that they fight the police. You want to burn the city down, and frankly, destroy the country (because that's what's happening) over some criminal? So you can have another potential sex offender on the street? We can and should talk about police brutality, but somewhere along the line we've gotten our priorities seriously messed up. The heroes are villains and the villains are heroes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think we've turned into a virtue signaling,, culture canceling bunch of whiney, hypocritical ******* bigots. Thanks a lot Goodell. :)

8. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    If you consider skin color irrelevant when discussing race-related police aggression, which has damning statistics as proof, then I'm not sure why you're writing. You should be listening.

9. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just wanted to say something about prisons. The American people just look the other way. They just accept that punishment is what is best for offenders. Nevermind that punishment itself either cowers a person or makes them meaner. That sexual abuse is taken as a given. That guards will put a man in a cell knowing the other, larger man will rape him. That we do not separate violent criminals from the non violent. The mentally disturbed are not treated correctly nor separated. These things are unconscionable and yet we don't fix them.

10. Sunshinepacker

Packer Fan Since:
    "Cancel culture" is bad BUT CANCEL THE PROTESTS!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    zero issues with protests, rioting and burning I do but that's different. Never will you ever find a place in real life or internet life where I've said racial inequality shouldn't be protested or fought against.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    yup. these empty gestures never pan out. noisy celebs have never changed anything. it starts with the everyday person. police and citizenry need to reevaluate how they interact with each other. it's an emergency.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    They can do what they want. Nobody is telling the otherwise. Their fans can also do whatever they want. So long as they are willing to deal the the inevitable consequences, that's on them.

14. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Who cares? Search "nba jersey" on ebay. Over 16,000 used ones for sale and they're dirt cheap.

15. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    So have the Packers made a press release calling for people to stop burning down Kenosha? Or do they care about that?

16. Sunshinepacker

Packer Fan Since:
    You just said you were
    I agree with that. I just think ppl like to threaten consequences in a way that's not realistic. Ratings may decline but they won't decline as much as baseball's have, and I haven't seen any monetary impact on baseball yet.

17. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Huh?

18. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Think about this black people make up 13 percent of United States population yet they commit over 50% of the nation's murders, 35% of the violent crimes. Common Sense should tell you they are going to have more violent police confrontations based on the statistics. If all you do is listen you will not get all the facts. You have to do your own research.

Violent crimes / Death by police
    Blacks 38% / 111
    All other races 62% / 311
    Hmmmm that ratio looks pretty even

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  19. PikeBadger

Packer Fan Since:
    The fact that it’s about one particular type of cancer makes it very political. All of that stuff needs to stay off the field. The owners are stupid to allow any of this stuff during Employee work hours.

20. PikeBadger

Packer Fan Since:
    Freedom of speech and expression does not Include breaking legal contractual obligations with your employer. I would like to see all the walk offs and boycotters fired immediately. They’ve earned their pink slips.

21. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I really think you're going to be surprised how badly they're hurting themselves. Maybe not as bad as the NBA and MLB but they've lost a lot of fans, many of them permanently. The NHL is the only one who has been smart enough to leave politics where they belong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Lol, I have to admit when I first read this I thought you were talking about Communist garbage.

I know you're not talking about the NBA, they've let them do and say everything they want - as long as it isn't against China, of course. In fact, it appears the players are running the league. And they're running it right down the drain.

NBA ratings are down, but the TV contracts are locked in for several years yet. So they'll get their TV money, no matter what they draw. It may affect their next negotiations. Or maybe some of this madness will fade away after the elections. But if they're happy with having half the audience, or 2/3 or whatever, more power to them.

23. Sunshinepacker

Packer Fan Since:
    Breast cancer awareness is political?!?!

24. Sunshinepacker

Packer Fan Since:
    And the NHL still has the smallest TV deals. Have MLB deals gone down over the decade plus of declining ratings? If Fox won't pay enough for NFL games then I assure you that NBC will.

25. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    i just said what?
    I've canceled nothing. I don't agree with burning down a city because a criminal was trying to escape and he ended up shot? I don't. that's not cancel culture though. If I said now every NBA player needs to be ridiculed and run out of town for boycotting and took steps to do it? Then I would. When I amass followers to attack someone that doesn't agree with me, that is. when i petition for a protestor, an actual protestor not the violence makers, to lose their job because they showed up to protest something, then i'd be guilty. But that's not what is happening here.

I don't think this latest thing had much to do with race really. you have a guy that already broke free from police once after apparently being wrestled to the ground, had a knife, had a felony arrest warrant, has a history in the area with those PD, was part of a domestic call and reaching into his car while police were trying to apprehend. I don't care what color you are, you just put yourself in a terrible position. People don't always get shot in that situation, but often times they will. I know i'm not really looking to get into a car and wrestle someone at the very least has a knife that I know of and maybe more inside after he's made it abundantly clear he's not coming with me. would you?

want something to burn a city for? How about Tamir Rice? The police car wasn't even stopped for a kid at a playground before the cop jumped out and started shooting. A kid who the caller said thought it was a toy gun and nobody else around. There was zero attempt to do anything but shoot someone in that situation.

But this situation? not remotely similar to that.