One action now

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT has any balls, he will cut Ferguson, cap hit be damned.

What a worthless, whiny turd.

He had every opportunity to rise to the occasion and apparently doesn't have the mental makeup to do so.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's afraid to catch a pass in traffic and he's not good enough to get any separation. That pretty much makes him worthless.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
On ESPN Radio with I think Chris Havel and Majik they were discussing the difference between Walker and Fergie. They both said it comes down to one major characteristic which is Walker has the instincts and agression to put himself in a good position to catch the ball and block the DB's as well as the the forcefulness to say 'hey ***** you thats MY ball' and Fergie is the complete opposite.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'hey ***** you thats MY ball' and Fergie is the complete opposite.

heh, yeah..he's more like "***** it..that's YOUR ball"

I distinctly remember Ferguson saying he was a #1 caliber WR. Dude, you're not even a #3...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone remember him saying a couple weeks ago that Driver should get a new contract because he has numbers like a #1 receiver but they are paying him like a guy that has 24 receptions. He was referring to the fact that Driver is paid about the same as he is. I think he opened TT's eyes with that statement.....Driver isn't underpaid but Fergy sure as hell is overpaid. What a dolt!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net, from what I can find if cut prior to June 1, there is a $700K cap hit. After June the Packers save $700K but costs them 1.4 million in 07.

Ideally. The Packers would trade him. Unfortunately, other teams would be reluctant to take on a 2.1 mil salary for his lack of production. Ferguson is paid more than Driver.

Ferguson, as a rookie 2nd round pick entered one game as kick returner.
2nd year caught 22 passes for 293 yards. 3rd year 38 catches and 520 yards. 4th 24 catches 367 yards. This year 27 for 366 yards to date.
So for 5 seasons Ferguson has 111 catches for 1536 yards.

Walker had 89 for for 1382 yards in 04 for 1/4 the price. Murphy going down in week 4 had a better rookie season than Ferguson.

It will be hard to get a conditional 7th rounder with his price tag.

The receiver spot is a big ? with Walker and Murphy likely not 100%. Driver is aging. Who knows what Gardner will do. Free agency and draft??

I think Turd Ferguson gets one more chance as Hunt did to make the team. His attitude and play better pick up. He will likely compete with Chatman for the #5 or 6 WR spot. Despite his salary he is costing the Packers only $700K in cap to play for 06.

Cutting him in 07 saves money. Finding better players will get him out the door sooner.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
oh god..

not another year with all of these turd burgulars!

Sign Molds...TO...anybody with some g-damn talent!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Looking back on the season, that trade to Philly would've made sense after all.

That thought had crossed my mind so many times...and the rumors (who knows how accurate) were saying we could have packaged Najeh with turd for someone like Trotter or some high draft picks!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
oh god..

not another year with all of these turd burgulars!

Sign Molds...TO...anybody with some g-damn talent!

You don't really want T.O. do you? The 49ers were going to the playoffs every year and the Eagles went to the Super Bowl and this turd was still not happy. Can you imagine him ripping Favre up in Green Bay?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson reminds me some of Freddie Mitchell. They both think they are much better than they really are.

Per Cliff Christl:

"Plus, you know what wide receiver went next after Chambers that year? Steve Smith, Carolina’s MVP. "

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that Fergie's strong point used to be how fearless he was in the middle of the field. He was tough too. If you look back at some posts from this offseason you'll see how everyone loved him. I think that maybe the hit he took last year kinda traumatized him or something and now he's afraid to get hurt. That's just my theory. Anyway, based on his play this season I'd say he's got to go.