OLB Situation / Interesting Waiver wire prospects

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Biegel, Kendall Donnerson, James Hearns, Chris Odom. All Cut! Leaving only Matthews, Perry, Gilbert and Fackrell.

Looks like we'll be shopping around the waiver wire. Who is available across the league at this? Prospects?

To start with, Broncos cut Marcus Rush

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To start with, Broncos cut Marcus Rush

Never heard of him til your post. But the fact that he has been on 4 teams in 3 years and hasn't seen a snap, pass.

I would prefer the Packers bolster the OLB position with a veteran that is ready to be a backup to Matthews and Perry. Whether that guy is out there, we will see.

I would pay close attention to Mychal Kendricks if I was Gute. MK could be serving a few years in jail for insider trading or be put on probation and hungry to play to pay off his fines. Have always liked him as a player and these charges scare me less than many of the criminal charges we have seen in the NFL.

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kikaha had great run till injury in 2016 derailed him. Looks to recover and showed improvement in 2017 season. Scheme switch? Would be a nice 3-4 OLB for us.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Johnson of bengals got release. Bengals are stacked on edge and pass rushers. Can never have too much pass rushers.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was surprised to see biegel cut given our complete lack of any serviceable depth
but that's a pretty clear signal that we'll be adding one or two guys, maybe even making a trade
pretty scary to think our two starters are both very injury prone, our 2 back-ups have looked like crap or are unproven, and the depth behind them is literally nonexistent

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay is available, that might be one turnstile that Mack could turn so fast, Rodgers could scramble right by him.

"You don't have to actually block him Don. Just get in between them and let Aaron do the rest."

You ever go through a turnstile so fast the bar comes around and hits you in the *** and knocks you down :tup:

But when I said someone who could run away from Mack I was hoping it wouldn't be an offensive lineman.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was surprised to see biegel cut given our complete lack of any serviceable depth
but that's a pretty clear signal that we'll be adding one or two guys, maybe even making a trade
pretty scary to think our two starters are both very injury prone, our 2 back-ups have looked like crap or are unproven, and the depth behind them is literally nonexistent

I just can't imagine anyone who is cut today would be any better. Maybe a trade.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the Packers are going waiver wire or FA shopping for an OLB, I would prefer they don't look for projects that have failed elsewhere. Find a Vet that was cut due to cap restraints or just a guy like like Junior Galette who has been waiting to be signed at the right price, someone with some solid NFL reps.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Attachou, Steven Means, John Simons.

Those are all good (better than what we cut) options.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
outside of the OLB position, dallas had deep RB position. Two RB released, Bo Scarbrough another Bama RB LOL. and Darius Jackson, physically gifted like Ryan Grant, but not sure if he can play like Grant. Still looking around. more to come.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't he the Cowboys PK? Not sure he could play OLB.....but sign him, we need bodies at OLB! ;)

perhaps he was talking about the dan bailey who competes in cross fit. if we want bodies I would rather him suit up and try to tackle someone than a PK. have you seen kickers try to tackle someone. my gosh!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
perhaps he was talking about the dan bailey who competes in cross fit. if we want bodies I would rather him suit up and try to tackle someone than a PK. have you seen kickers try to tackle someone. my gosh!

Some of these punters and kickers can lay the wood! Ha Ha should watch this film!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I like Marquis Flowers from NE, made some plays last year. Waived today. Other than that, they need to look to trade.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like LT days, we'll need to task a RB or TE as additional blocker. Lewis or Tonyan may be tasked for that.

Wonder if letting Rip is a mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts