OLB Situation / Interesting Waiver wire prospects

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
By Pickle, I meant the Steelers have a really good player, who they may end up only seeing a compensatory pick for.

Seems like that's the outcome they signed up for already though. The plan was to use him up this season and then let him walk.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummed to read that, I think he would have been a solid pickup. His black mark is the insider trader charges he is facing in January, but the guy can play and is only 28.

Seattle is probably banking on the NFL not suspending him before his trial but I'm not so sure. The guy plead guilty to the charges. The NFL has suspended players who were not even facing charges. I guess it remains to be seen how serious they deem insider trading as opposed to some of the other infractions. I think his release by Cleveland was a knee jerk reaction. It looked good on paper cutting loose an admitted criminal (did he even admit it prior to them releasing him, I know it was quick) but if Seattle doesn't face any public backlash they may come to regret if they don't regret it already.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bell reports by week 10 or 11 he gets credit for the season and becomes a free agent after this season. If not its like the season never happened and the Steelers could franchise him again under the 2 year tag. If I am not mistaken they could still franchise him after this year but the three year tag is really really expensive.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones was fantastic last season and it escaped national notice because of the lost season. On a per touch basis, he was better than Dalvin Cook. I persist that he is better than Dalvin Cook. Time will tell. But that's the RB reinforcement you want, and he's on the way-- a 23 year old with only 90 NFL touches to his name.

I hope you are right. I picked him up in all of my fantasy leagues. Although I am still kicking myself for not realizing Conner was still a FA in one of them until I saw another guy pick him up. I'm not sure how I missed him during the draft.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is probably banking on the NFL not suspending him before his trial but I'm not so sure. The guy plead guilty to the charges. The NFL has suspended players who were not even facing charges. I guess it remains to be seen how serious they deem insider trading as opposed to some of the other infractions. I think his release by Cleveland was a knee jerk reaction. It looked good on paper cutting loose an admitted criminal (did he even admit it prior to them releasing him, I know it was quick) but if Seattle doesn't face any public backlash they may come to regret if they don't regret it already.

I'm pretty sure the reason they released him wasn't because he was guilty of it, it was because he initially lied to Dorsey and Jackson about it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope you are right. I picked him up in all of my fantasy leagues. Although I am still kicking myself for not realizing Conner was still a FA in one of them until I saw another guy pick him up. I'm not sure how I missed him during the draft.

Nobody really cares about other people's fantasy teams, so feel free to pat me on the head and move on, but in my dynasty league, I traded Le'Veon Bell and Kenny Golladay for Joe Mixon and Odell Beckham Jr. and then turned around and picked up Conner.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Bell is quietly wishing the complete opposite of you in regards to Connor.

Maybe, Maybe not. If Conner keeps doing well it may tell potential suitors for Bell that it may not have been his ability that was solely responsible for his numbers. This could cost Bell some money. On the other hand if he keeps doing well it might make the Steelers think twice about running Bell into the ground when he does report back to get credit for the season. This could help Bell stay healthy.

I think Bell's main goal right now is to reach free agency after this season in one piece. When he reports he will probably want enough work to show he hasn't lost anything and keep his name fresh but not too much to increase his injury risk by much.

Conner's performance will have no influence on the Steelers regarding Bell unless they panic and decide to offer him what he wants but in order to do that they would have to rescind the tag at which point he automatically becomes a free agent and can go anywhere he wants. It depends on whether or not Bell would consider coming back to the Steelers or if he has decided that is no longer an option.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody really cares about other people's fantasy teams, so feel free to pat me on the head and move on, but in my dynasty league, I traded Le'Veon Bell and Kenny Golladay for Joe Mixon and Odell Beckham Jr. and then turned around and picked up Conner.

I don't mind hearing about other people's fantasy teams as long as they are fair and honest. Good move on your part though that is a fair trade IMO. What gets me is when people claim to have made trades or moves that no one in their right mind would believe. Like I traded Bell and my defense for Aaron Rodgers and Antonio Brown or in my 10 team draft I got Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Gronk and Kevin Gurley.

All I ask is that if a guy brags about his good moves he admits to his mistakes as well. Like how he benched AJ Green last night because he hates players going on Thursday nights because they tend to be low scoring affairs because teams are cautious and no one is ready. I did not do that because I would never bench AJ Green but I have heard of people doing such things .

As for me picking up Jones in 4 leagues I wasn't bragging because it could still come back to bite me in the ***. Its kind of like that bottom of the roster move that was talked about with Corey Coleman and the Patriots. Plus he is better than LeVeon Bell.

I wonder how many leagues Conner was available in? He was drafted in 3 out of my 4 and I would have drafted him in my 4th had I realized he was available.

Now where is that pat on the head emoji.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the reason they released him wasn't because he was guilty of it, it was because he initially lied to Dorsey and Jackson about it.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that. It makes much more sense now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't mind hearing about other people's fantasy teams as long as they are fair and honest. Good move on your part though that is a fair trade IMO. What gets me is when people claim to have made trades or moves that no one in their right mind would believe. Like I traded Bell and my defense for Aaron Rodgers and Antonio Brown or in my 10 team draft I got Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Gronk and Kevin Gurley.

All I ask is that if a guy brags about his good moves he admits to his mistakes as well. Like how he benched AJ Green last night because he hates players going on Thursday nights because they tend to be low scoring affairs because teams are cautious and no one is ready. I did not do that because I would never bench AJ Green but I have heard of people doing such things .

As for me picking up Jones in 4 leagues I wasn't bragging because it could still come back to bite me in the ***. Its kind of like that bottom of the roster move that was talked about with Corey Coleman and the Patriots. Plus he is better than LeVeon Bell.

I wonder how many leagues Conner was available in? He was drafted in 3 out of my 4 and I would have drafted him in my 4th had I realized he was available.

Now where is that pat on the head emoji.

Well if you want mistakes, I played the BAL DST last night and benched Andy Dalton.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
...Like how he benched AJ Green last night because he hates players going on Thursday nights because they tend to be low scoring affairs because teams are cautious and no one is ready. I did not do that because I would never bench AJ Green but I have heard of people doing such things .
Yep that is why I
played the BAL DST last night
in all my leagues I have them also. In the leagues I had him I also played AJ because I've learned to never bench a stud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts