Official week 8 vs Bills Mafia thread...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills will win, question is whether the Packers can put up more than 21 points.... questionable based on the season so far. Unless, the Packers Defense plays "lights out" and in that case they could do a "Miami" and win 9-6
The Bills would have to come out as flat as we were against the Jets to lose. And even then it might be a 9-6 game. I just do not see any positives out there. Now I do not know how but we did somehow manage to put the clamps on Mahommes and the Chiefs in KC last season but lost because Rodgers was out. Not likely to happen again. Buffalo is no more stressful than playing in Arrowhead.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills are very Stout. If we can just stay in the game (missing 2 starting WR) that will say a lot about the resilience of this team.
With a stout team on D you have to be able to spread them out. And this is when I wish Aaron was 10 years younger. He could stretch the pocket and escape then. When Majik played for us Lindy Infante tried to do just that by utilizing his mobility. It worked some of the time but it also put Majik in jeopardy by getting hit running to escape.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills would have to come out as flat as we were against the Jets to lose. And even then it might be a 9-6 game. I just do not see any positives out there. Now I do not know how but we did somehow manage to put the clamps on Mahommes and the Chiefs in KC last season but lost because Rodgers was out. Not likely to happen again. Buffalo is no more stressful than playing in Arrowhead.
Now with 2 WR out (neither of whom have been "very good" but "fair" this year, hard to imagine this team scoring even 20 pts and not able to stop a really strong Bills Offense. GB may get blown out in this one.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick fact for the GB GM: EQ St. Brown now a Chi Bear, 10 rec. 158 yds, 15.8 yds/rec...... only one (1) GB receiver has more yds/rec this year. Guess he was not good enough to be on this roster, what does that say to fans??? I ask because I don't know if it was an A.R. issue with EQ or the GM did not want to pay him?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick fact for the GB GM: EQ St. Brown now a Chi Bear, 10 rec. 158 yds, 15.8 yds/rec...... only one (1) GB receiver has more yds/rec this year. Guess he was not good enough to be on this roster, what does that say to fans??? I ask because I don't know if it was an A.R. issue with EQ or the GM did not want to pay him?
Rodgers often spoke highly of him. After his injury, he just didn’t seem to get many opportunities. I never understood it, especially when you see other guys who they refuse to give up on but probably should.

D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree that it won't go us good to run the ball 75% of the time because we only averaging 3.7 yards per Cary.

3x3.7= 11.1 that's a first down. Ofcourse it's not as clear cut and simplistic as that.

We have to run the ball we have to block much better. I'm not talking based on the past. If we play as we played lately clearly we lose.
I'm talking they need to pull there heads out of there as..s and play much better, and run the f.. ball 75% of the time, controll time of posesion, have sustained scoring drives and get it done. No excuses.

It's completely unrealistic to expect an NFL team to run the ball on 75% of the plays and end up being successful.

Why is it the coaches seem to get it wrong almost all the time on where to play the O linemen? Seems like Nijman should be at L tackle.

I don't consider that to be true as Tom actually played pretty well at left tackle, especially in pass protection.

Unless, the Packers Defense plays "lights out" and in that case they could do a "Miami" and win 9-6

I don't think there's any chance the Packers only give up six points to the Bills on Sunday.

Here’s to hoping our Offense can at least control the ball a little and even up the clock. Baltimore had the correct idea. 33 rushes and 29 passes (kept it to a modest 10 possessions each) and Ravens consumed the clock nicely. Baltimore had more Rushing yards than passing and nearly Won that contest and really dominated Buffalo all day (but pulled a Packers and got loose in Defense towards the end) Ravens went for a the TD on 4th n Goal and the pass was an INT touchback. The Ravens are not some dominant team, they did execute a good game plan

The Ravens run a completely different offense than the Packers though.

If Aaron Jones and Dillon run the ball 30 times we should conceivably have 130+ rushing yards and if we game plan for it maybe 150+ Yards on the ground. We need to quit ignoring our strengths.
The mere fact that we are 19th in rushing attempts is proof that our RB room is markedly underutilized. With our Passing woes that number should be top 5-10 area. Dillon alone should have 15-20 Runs this game. Aaron Jones has a good excuse as we use him more in our passing Game so maybe 10-15 Runs is about right The only reason I can think of not to Rush ~30times is if the Ravens get up 3 scores early in.

I'm fine with the Packers primarily running the ball on first down and in short yardage situations. But it's not smart to predetermine the amount of attempts they should rush the ball as there are situations in which it doesn't make a lot of sense to hand the ball off to Jones or Dillon.

Beginning of the last couple games has been fine. The 2nd quarter and beyond not so much. They quit running the ball.

The Packers have averaged only 2.8 yards per rushing attempt in the first quarter during their three game losing streak. That's not fine by any means.

In the last 2 contests, in the 1st Qtr The Packers have:
Rushed: 12 times
Passed: 23 times

It’s literally 2:1 pass ratio

It's worth mentioning that the Packers averaged 4.05 yards per pass on 22 plays compared to 2.5 yards on 12 runs in the first quarter of the past two games. It's doesn't seem they would have been more successful just running the ball for the sake of doing it.

In my opinion using yards per reception is a weird metric to suggest the Packers would have been better off with keeping EQ. There are three receivers currently on the Packers' roster who have more catches and receiving yards than him and his catch percentage of 50% isn't impressive either.

I don't think the offense would be any better with him still on the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd just like for them to show up. Ready to play. Play like they have actually practiced. I don't expect a miracle. But a team that goes in with the intention of taking no prisoners, but being smart about it.

And the defense should have kept quiet about how good they thought they would be.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider that to be true as Tom actually played pretty well at left tackle, especially in pass protection.
Yes, he did. But from what I have read Nijman did not do good on the other side whereas he played the L side b4 and did pretty good. Since Nijman was unknown on the R side and Tom unknown on both sides; why put them in place for two unknowns? These coaches see things in practice that don't correlate to game time imho. Does not give me a lot of confidence about their choices.

Reaction score
The Ravens run a completely different offense than the Packers though.
That still doesn’t negate the Ravens RB rushed for 4+ per carry. Their RB’s/OL are not that better than ours. They just run more. I’m not even talking about Lamar, I’m talking strictly RB productivity.

Aaron Jones is better than any RB on the Ravens, so saying Ravens are the lone exception of why GB should not run? Makes zero sense to me
But it's not smart to predetermine the amount of attempts they should rush the ball as there are situations in which it doesn't make a lot of sense to hand the ball off to Jones or Dillon.
Yes I agree. I’ve contended repeatedly to use situational football. So you’re preaching to the choir here. In that 3rd and 2 in
4-down territory you Run twice. We’ve had holes the size of the Grand Canyon on the OL and Dillon looking at it with amazement.
Then we pass? Sometimes Passing means you’re trying to get too fancy but. There’s this thing called living to see another play.
It's worth mentioning that the Packers averaged 4.05 yards per pass on 22 plays compared to 2.5 yards on 12 runs in the first quarter of the past two games
Good point.
We need to still pass the ball and that was never my contention to Run the ball 100%. If that was the case I’d say just put Love in the game, which I didn’t. However Running 12 times in an entire contest when you have one of the better RB duos in the league is gross RB neglect.

Lastly, it takes a full contest to get the run game flowing. It’s ok to start passing while Defenses are over aggressive early into a contest, I’ve said as much in referencing that I think we should run a 2-min Hurry possession 1. Is that running?? No.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win or lose will determine the come, I just hope we don't get blown away and/or shut out.
Well, the Bills are 5-1 and should be 6-0. The Dolphins did just enough and escaped despite a bad punt in the end zone. It took a goal line stand. The Bills doubled them in yardage and in TOP. The Bills are the one in the trap game. But being in prime time and facing Rodgers should be enough to get them motivated.

Reaction score
Well, the Bills are 5-1 and should be 6-0. The Dolphins did just enough and escaped despite a bad punt in the end zone. It took a goal line stand. The Bills doubled them in yardage and in TOP. The Bills are the one in the trap game. But being in prime time and facing Rodgers should be enough to get them motivated.
The Ravens could’ve beat the Bills also. They led that entire game and when Buffalo got caught up late in the 4th qtr. Baltimore was at the Bills 2 yard line and went for a go ahead TD pass on 4th down (verses kicking a FG). They threw an INT for a Touchback that likely cost them the game. They should’ve just had a Running play as they ran all over the Bills (155 rushing) It was tie game 20-20 and pretty much worst case Buffalo starts on their own 1 or Ravens go up 27-20. Before I did a pass play I would’ve kicked FG
23-20 with 4 minutes left

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens could’ve beat the Bills also. They led that entire game and when Buffalo got caught up late in the 4th qtr. Baltimore was at the Bills 2 yard line and went for a go ahead TD pass on 4th down (verses kicking a FG). They threw an INT for a Touchback that likely cost them the game. They should’ve just had a Running play as they ran all over the Bills (155 rushing) It was tie game 20-20 and pretty much worst case Buffalo starts on their own 1 or Ravens go up 27-20. Before I did a pass play I would’ve kicked FG
23-20 with 4 minutes left
Harbaugh bit off more than he could chew. Recall that he went for 2 against us and failed.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, he did. But from what I have read Nijman did not do good on the other side whereas he played the L side b4 and did pretty good. Since Nijman was unknown on the R side and Tom unknown on both sides; why put them in place for two unknowns? These coaches see things in practice that don't correlate to game time imho. Does not give me a lot of confidence about their choices.

It's true Nijman struggled with penalties against the Commanders. Other than that he was an upgrade over Jenkins at right tackle though.

That still doesn’t negate the Ravens RB rushed for 4+ per carry. Their RB’s/OL are not that better than ours. They just run more. I’m not even talking about Lamar, I’m talking strictly RB productivity.

First of all the threat of Lamar running the ball himself opens up holes for the Ravens' running backs.

In addition Mark Andrews being an elite tight end further helps them in that regard.

Aaron Jones is better than any RB on the Ravens, so saying Ravens are the lone exception of why GB should not run? Makes zero sense to me

The Packers not being able to successfully run the ball is the lone reason for some of us saying that them doing it more often isn't a recipe for success per se.

Nobody has mentioned the Ravens as a reason for it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It’s be too funny if we pulled out a Win as all odds say otherwise
It's not just the "odds"... it's the "rational thought", and it's the "trust your eyes", and it's the "trust your head, not your heart", and it's the statistical comparisons, and it's the media - national and local, and it's in the eyes of every Packers fan I've talked to this week, and the improbability is lodged in the forefront of my consciousness as well.

...and because of all that - I'm declaring !!! KISMET !!! brothers. I don't know HOW it's going to happen - it may involve twin lightning bolts striking in the background of Buffalo's stadium on national TV (ala The Natural - the greatest baseball movie ever made) - or, the faintest of images of God's finger ascending from the heavens ... directly touching the brains of each Packers' coach --- but, once it happens, there will be NO room on my personal bandwagon.

There will be no further discussion of this unfortunate situation we find the Packers in. Henceforth ... I declare!! Only ponies and balloons folks! Now ... get about it.

Latest posts