Official week 8 vs Bills Mafia thread...

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My initial reaction to.this game was:

BILLS 52, PACKERS 10

Of that 7 Packer points coming late in 4rth quarter after the game has been long decided. ( 30y pass from Love to Doubs)

After thinking about it a bit:

BILLS 27, PACKERS 23

Packers show up to.the game and rise to the occasion playing for pride.

D# playes 60 minute game and ends up with pick 6 of off Rasul INT ,
Second INT by Ja leads to a FG and Kenny stip fumble leads to yet another FG.

Sputtering O# manages a short drive for another FG in 3rd quarter after a shank short punt by Buffalo and 1 final push with the best drive of the game leads to 7 points late in the 4rth.

After the best team performance in the last 4 weeks GB ends up losing to a Powerhouse Buffalo team.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A loss by single-digits would be an absolute win (relatively speaking); I'm not saying that in some sarcastic way, I'm being serious. Bills are averaging 39.5 points at home this season (only 2 games) and I don't see the Packers putting up more than 24 against that defense (would actually be a season high points given up by Buffalo).

Luckily, they actually have a worse rushing offense than the Packers so...maybe they'll be the second team Green Bay can actually stop the run against? Also, the really good secondary the Bills have is going to be totally wasted against this Packers squad so I hope the Packers players make fun of them a lot for that!

Obviously I hope the Packers beat the Bills but it's going to take 7 trick plays, the Bills turning the football over 9 more times than the packers, and Aaron Jones touching the ball 35+ times.
I know that a loss by single digits will be a win for me.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My initial reaction to.this game was:

BILLS 52, PACKERS 10

Of that 7 Packer points coming late in 4rth quarter after the game has been long decided. ( 30y pass from Love to Doubs)

After thinking about it a bit:

BILLS 27, PACKERS 23

Packers show up to.the game and rise to the occasion playing for pride.

D# playes 60 minute game and ends up with pick 6 of off Rasul INT ,
Second INT by Ja leads to a FG and Kenny stip fumble leads to yet another FG.

Sputtering O# manages a short drive for another FG in 3rd quarter after a shank short punt by Buffalo and 1 final push with the best drive of the game leads to 7 points late in the 4rth.

After the best team performance in the last 4 weeks GB ends up losing to a Powerhouse Buffalo team.
Not a chance it goes that way and that is the final score. The Pack will go for 2 after the late 4th quarter TD. Either 27-22 or 27-24.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills will underestimate us. Packers will shock the world by winning 34-31 in OT.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This one will be our toughest of the year. I think it will either be much closer than anyone could have imagined or we are going to lose by around 50. I hope we can at least step up our game enough to compete to give us a little spark.

Crazy as it sounds, there are only 6 teams in the NFC with a record better than ours, so even if we lose, we will still be in the hunt for a wildcard. How’s that for some optimism?
Lol, I thought the same thing. There is an incredible amount of mediocrity so far this year in the entire NFL and we certainly are not alone as far as big name teams with high expectations in this boat.

Everybody had a woody before the season about the AFC West. Pfltt.... mediocrity so far. How bout dem world championship Rams? Sucking wind and can't keep their QB vertical. It's a tough world out there baby.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a expectation they are gonna get absolutely blown out. However I could see it being close in the first half then bill’s absolutely putting it on us in the second half and the score won’t reflect how close it was. 3-5 put it in pen. A loss Sunday won’t eliminate us but they can only lose one more game after that and then they go on their “run” anymore than 6 losses they are done with other teams in the nfc holding tiebreakers over us

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what we need to do yo win.
1 show up as man, make no excuses and play like these is no tomorrow because there isn't.

2 run the f..... ball 75% of the time, controll the clock and keep Bills O# of the field. Weave in the 25% passes just enough to keep them guessing someof the time. And yes bouth of our Lines need to show up and dominate not get dominated like bunch of B...

3 Lafleur if Rodgers is part of thd problem by having to many RPOs and going to pass then rain that s.. I and give him limited options anc only few audibles to get out of it if absolutely nessesary. You are the coach not Rodhers. F... act like it and take charge of this team.

4 no f.. drive killing penalties on O# and no f. .. drive extending penalties on D#

5 win the f.. hame and show the world and your fans that you ate still GREE BAY F... PACKERS not green bay f... slackers

Reaction score
I'm going 10-38 Bills in a big way.
The Bills defense have given up the least amount of points with only 81 this season. The Bills offense have scored the fourth most points with 176 on the year. On the flip side, the Packers are in the bottom half of the league with 128 points scored and have given up 146. Statistically, they are lower to middling team. Yeah, I know there will be some that will say stats don't matter. They do tell a story though and it's not a good one for the Pack.
The Packers Defense has given up less than 20 points per game. No Defense can control a Pick 6 by the Offense and just because you read a stat doesn’t tell that real story

The Bills Offense is averaging 25.? Per game and while it’s ranked #4th? It’s the year of the defense. So far Buffalo hasn’t played a too 10 Defense in 6 contests. Their opponents Defenses are rated #16 #17, #18, #23, #25, #29th.

As bad as GB’s Offense has been, our Defense is ranked #11 in scoring allowed. As long as Gary plays, The chances of them scoring 38 points is about 20% and I’m being very generous. That’s just you talking frustration out loud and I get it. We’re all frustrated but let’s not exaggerate and act like our D gets blown out every week.

The part about the Offense? That might be true if Matt abandons the run once again, which he’s doing regularly. He needs to start out in a 2 minute drill in a series or 2 and then revert to run heavy once things settle in.
It’s obvious we are super banged up at WR. The key for our Offense is playing field position and taking points when they are available. This should be a lower scoring game.
3 points on a drive is a statistical Win against Buffalo. 11 drives X 3 points every other drive is ~16.5 points and likely keeps us within a score

It’s very possible that Buffalo can’t score more than 23 points on the Packers Defense. If our Offense has any degree of luck putting up a TD or 2, things will get very interesting.

Bills 23 Packers 16

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This game is a great test of coaches. Both MCD and MLF (I believe) became HCs the same season, have acheived pretty much the same amount of success.

For the record, McDermott became the Bills head coach in 2017, two years before MLF took over the Packers.

Here is what we need to do yo win.

2 run the f..... ball 75% of the time, controll the clock and keep Bills O# of the field. Weave in the 25% passes just enough to keep them guessing someof the time. And yes bouth of our Lines need to show up and dominate not get dominated like bunch of B...

The Packers have averaged only 3.7 yards per carry over the past three games. It won't do any good running the ball on 75% of the plays if they won't be able to significantly improve in that regard.

3 Lafleur if Rodgers is part of thd problem by having to many RPOs and going to pass then rain that s.. I and give him limited options anc only few audibles to get out of it if absolutely nessesary. You are the coach not Rodhers. F... act like it and take charge of this team.

Rodgers' ability to read a defense is second to none. It wouldn't be smart to take away that aspect of his game.

The Bills Offense is averaging 25.? Per game and while it’s ranked #4th? It’s the year of the defense.

The Bills offense is averaging 28.2 points per game. At home the team has scored 39.5 points on average in two contests.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, McDermott became the Bills head coach in 2017, two years before MLF took over the Packers.

Thanks for the correction. McD been the coach for 5 seasons?! Time flies. He definitely found a great situation.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Packers Defense has given up less than 20 points per game. No Defense can control a Pick 6 by the Offense and just because you read a stat doesn’t tell that real story

The Bills Offense is averaging 25.? Per game and while it’s ranked #4th? It’s the year of the defense. So far Buffalo hasn’t played a too 10 Defense in 6 contests. Their opponents Defenses are rated #16 #17, #18, #23, #25, #29th.

As bad as GB’s Offense has been, our Defense is ranked #11 in scoring allowed. As long as Gary plays, The chances of them scoring 38 points is about 20% and I’m being very generous. That’s just you talking frustration out loud and I get it. We’re all frustrated but let’s not exaggerate and act like our D gets blown out every week.

The part about the Offense? That might be true if Matt abandons the run once again, which he’s doing regularly. He needs to start out in a 2 minute drill in a series or 2 and then revert to run heavy once things settle in.
It’s obvious we are super banged up at WR. The key for our Offense is playing field position and taking points when they are available. This should be a lower scoring game.
3 points on a drive is a statistical Win against Buffalo. 11 drives X 3 points every other drive is ~16.5 points and likely keeps us within a score

It’s very possible that Buffalo can’t score more than 23 points on the Packers Defense. If our Offense has any degree of luck putting up a TD or 2, things will get very interesting.

Bills 23 Packers 16
It appears you're using stats to argue that stats don't tell the real story. I totally agree that the defense is better than what it says on paper. The offense not being able to sustain any sort of drives puts the D in a bad spot for sure. The Bills are just dominate and I'd be surprised if they don't make at least the AFC Championship game, if not win it all. The Pack are simply overmatched in this one.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers have averaged only 3.7 yards per carry over the past three games. It won't do any good running the ball on 75% of the plays if they won't be able to significantly improve in that regard.

Rodgers' ability to read a defense is second to none. It wouldn't be smart to take away that aspect of his game.

The Bills offense is averaging 28.2 points per game. At home the team has scored 39.5 points on average in two contests.
I disagree that it won't go us good to run the ball 75% of the time because we only averaging 3.7 yards per Cary.

3x3.7= 11.1 that's a first down. Ofcourse it's not as clear cut and simplistic as that.

We have to run the ball we have to block much better. I'm not talking based on the past. If we play as we played lately clearly we lose.
I'm talking they need to pull there heads out of there as..s and play much better, and run the f.. ball 75% of the time, controll time of posesion, have sustained scoring drives and get it done. No excuses.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it the coaches seem to get it wrong almost all the time on where to play the O linemen? Seems like Nijman should be at L tackle.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills will win, question is whether the Packers can put up more than 21 points.... questionable based on the season so far. Unless, the Packers Defense plays "lights out" and in that case they could do a "Miami" and win 9-6

Reaction score
Bills will win, question is whether the Packers can put up more than 21 points.... questionable based on the season so far. Unless, the Packers Defense plays "lights out" and in that case they could do a "Miami" and win 9-6
It’s interesting. Thankfully They are not a powerhouse running team and so our D strengths do line up almost perfectly.
People always say it against us so here we go… Any given Sunday

Here’s to hoping our Offense can at least control the ball a little and even up the clock. Baltimore had the correct idea. 33 rushes and 29 passes (kept it to a modest 10 possessions each) and Ravens consumed the clock nicely. Baltimore had more Rushing yards than passing and nearly Won that contest and really dominated Buffalo all day (but pulled a Packers and got loose in Defense towards the end) Ravens went for a the TD on 4th n Goal and the pass was an INT touchback. The Ravens are not some dominant team, they did execute a good game plan

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s interesting. Thankfully They are not a powerhouse running team and so our D strengths do line up almost perfectly.
People always say it against us so here we go… Any given Sunday

Here’s to hoping our Offense can at least control the ball a little and even up the clock. Baltimore had the correct idea. 33 rushes snd 29 passes and Ravens consumed the clock nicely. Baltimore had more Rushing yards than passing and nearly Won that contest and really dominated Buffalo all day. They went for the TD on 4th n Goal and the pass was INT.
In a 20-20 point game that you’ve dominated all day take the 3 points there.
How many of those rushes came from L. Jackson?

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of those games where I see it going one of two ways.

First is it's kept relatively low-scoring and by some miracle we sneak out a close fluke win. Like a 17-14 or something.

Second (and what I suspect is far, FAR more likely) is that we struggle early and fall behind and things just snowball from there. We end up losing big, like by four scores or something.

Mentally I don't think this team is particularly "tough" and opponents know if they punch us in the mouth early we'll fold. And even if that's not the case I just don't think we have the offense/personnel to be able to play from behind and catch up right now. I think there's a very minute possibility that we could possibly go up early and our defense does just enough to keep us ahead, but if we fall behind I don't see us being able to keep pace or come back - not even against very bad teams right now, let alone arguably the best team in the league...

I sure hope I'm wrong but my gut says that it's going to be ugly. Like, "I sure hope the stats-keepers are well-rested and ready to go, because they're probably going to have to keep track of a lot of broken records" type of ugly. I'll be surprised if it's not already all but over by halftime.

Reaction score
How many of those rushes came from L. Jackson?
11 for 65 yards
The other Ravens RB’s combined for 22 Runs at 4.05 per carry (89 yards) Even at that rate the Ravens should’ve had 133 Yards on 33 touches had Jackson handed it off.
If Aaron Jones and Dillon run the ball 30 times we should conceivably have 130+ rushing yards and if we game plan for it maybe 150+ Yards on the ground. We need to quit ignoring our strengths.
The mere fact that we are 19th in rushing attempts is proof that our RB room is markedly underutilized. With our Passing woes that number should be top 5-10 area. Dillon alone should have 15-20 Runs this game. Aaron Jones has a good excuse as we use him more in our passing Game so maybe 10-15 Runs is about right The only reason I can think of not to Rush ~30times is if the Ravens get up 3 scores early in.

I’d use a couple 2 minute Offenses to start though and play super fast like a :90 sec Offense speed. Once near Midfield, I’d go Run heavy and live to get into FG range and DO NOT take sacks!! play Field position and get Crosby into range and take 3 points.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
11 for 65 yards
The other Ravens RB’s combined for 22 Runs at 4.05 per carry (89 yards) Even at that rate the Ravens should’ve had 133 Yards on 33 touches had Jackson handed it off.
If Aaron Jones and Dillon run the ball 30 times we should conceivably have 130+ rushing yards and if we game plan for it maybe 150+ Yards on the ground. We need to quit ignoring our strengths.
The mere fact that we are 19th in rushing attempts is proof that our RB room is markedly underutilized. With our Passing woes that number should be top 5-10 area. Dillon alone should have 15-20 Runs this game. Aaron Jones has a good excuse as we use him more in our passing Game so maybe 10-15 Runs is about right The only reason I can think of not to Rush ~30times is if the Ravens get up 3 scores early in.

I’d use a couple 2 minute Offenses to start though and play super fast like a :90 sec Offense speed. Once near Midfield, I’d go Run heavy and live to get into FG range and DO NOT take sacks!! play Field position and get Crosby into range and take 3 points.
Beginning of the last couple games has been fine. The 2nd quarter and beyond not so much. They quit running the ball.

Reaction score
Beginning of the last couple games has been fine. The 2nd quarter and beyond not so much. They quit running the ball.
Who is they? The Ravens?

In the last 2 contests, in the 1st Qtr The Packers have:
Rushed: 12 times
Passed: 23 times

It’s literally 2:1 pass ratio

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I really want to see in this game is being physical and having an attitude. My impression of this team is their soft, they have too much finesse and not enough physical.
Enough of opposing coaches telling their team at the half to keep punching Us in the mouth and we will fold, and then their team going out and backing it up in the second half.
Enough of teams laughing at us during the game and then after the game running around with cheese heads on and mocking us, and at home no less.
Get physical. Get in their face. I don't even mind a personal foul penalty not saying to play dirty but to set the tone and make a point that we're not your b******.
Maybe mostly an impression, but my observation is this team has no fire or passion. They look and play like a bunch of cows in .a field pawing at the ground. The other team looks fired up and excited our guys look like they'd rather be somewhere else.
No matter the final score Sunday night, change that.

Staff online

Latest posts