Official week 7 game thread: at the Washington commodes

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Woodson isn't liking the way the Packers are playing now and I thought he stopped JUST short of predicting a Washington win .. just my interpretation of what I heard.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Activated Ryhan and Wallace. No word on Tom. I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for Bakh

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I FULLY expect them to lose. Until they show me they are willing to smack people in the mouth on both sides of the ball, not get outcoached, and MLF shows he can adjust on a consistent basis yes…I fully expect them to lose. They lose this game the season might be over… because I can see at least 3 more loses coming their way.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I FULLY expect them to lose. Until they show me they are willing to smack people in the mouth on both sides of the ball, not get outcoached, and MLF shows he can adjust on a consistent basis yes…I fully expect them to lose. They lose this game the season might be over… because I can see at least 3 more loses coming their way.
Yeah, until the Packers show they can play a mid-season game in mid-season form, there's no reason to expect they will win. They've had six games to get it together. Teams all around them are improving while the Packers seem to be going backwards.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya. I think his career is done after this season. Not sure if it was the original ACL tear, or if the surgeons ****** up, or if it was any of the three surgeries he had on that knee. We'll likely never know unless he talks about it after he's finished playing.

I'm guessing it was just a terrible injury, beyond ACL. Multiple attempts to salvage the knee, just a horrible derailment for a very talented player. I think he should retire, but he won't with his contract I'm guessing. Strapping the Packers for a while.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Rodgers work the short game more, less hero ball today. More Aaron Jones, less Dillon unless it's to spell Jones after a long run and even then only for a play or two. Give Jones the rock.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Rodgers work the short game more, less hero ball today. More Aaron Jones, less Dillon unless it's to spell Jones after a long run and even then only for a play or two. Give Jones the rock.
Agree no hero ball but go deep once or twice. And I hope short passes don't mean all those ***** to the flat. Like to see us use the middle of the field. That's where TEs might make a splash.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing it was just a terrible injury, beyond ACL. Multiple attempts to salvage the knee, just a horrible derailment for a very talented player. I think he should retire, but he won't with his contract I'm guessing. Strapping the Packers for a while.
Yeah you're probably right. He could have damaged a lot of things that make a knee work - ligaments, articular cartilage, medial and/or lateral meniscus, and on. It happens, and in this case it happened to an All Pro and arguably the best LT in the NFL. He'll be missed. Well, he's already missed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree no hero ball but go deep once or twice. And I hope short passes don't mean all those ***** to the flat. Like to see us use the middle of the field. That's where TEs might make a splash.
And please, no more jet sweeps with Watson (I think he's out today though). It seems like that's the only play they trust him with. Opponents have noticed and have pretty much shut that down.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This could be a big day for Tonyan. Hoping so.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m at the game. Lots of green and gold in the stands so far! I better make the studs (studettes) list!

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sort of the same attitude I had during the gory years. Hope they win, not surprised if they don't. Makes watching games much less stressful.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Claypool. But problem players rarely change their ways. That's why they get traded. Although considering how weak the WRs are, I'd take the chance if the guy can produce.
In this case I’d agree… but I wouldn’t get locked into an expensive long term contract with him. He’s still on his rookie deal so… I think that makes him worth some risk.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s hard to work the short stuff when defenses know that’s all you have. There is zero respect for anything beyond 7 yards from the los. It’s so easy to play defense when all you have to do is flow fast downhill.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Yosh will probably get the nod but dangit out Jenkins back on the left side where he excels, I have not been pleased with him on right side - you can be an insanely versatile lineman and just have a fit with footwork more on one side than the other.

Reaction score
I’m not saying no to Claypool… but his maturity level last year was abysmal…. I don’t know if he”s learned to reign it in or not, but I would be worried about him long term. That being said, he is extremely talented.
Oh I didn’t realize that.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Offense needs to keep the Commodes off-balance with play calling, move the chains, and minimize drive-killing penalties.
The PACKERS??? What is this “offense” you speak of?

On EDIT: Sometimes it takes a bit of sarcasm to get a team's 455 in gear. :)

Last edited:

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our local Fox station is carrying the Giants @ Jags game, but they just showed the TD run of #69 to make it 14.

As Chuck Todd said on Meet the Press today, “GO, PACKERS” !

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the way I see it is the O line is much better at pass protection. Rodgers has time. And so he can throw those 8 - 15 yarders if they would try. Deguara and Tonyan should be going out together and each on one side of the middle of the field. And receivers not clogging that space up. Those flat passes just suck. The play calling sucks. And Rodgers not even looking to see if Jones is completely covered before he dumps it off is such a rookie mistake. And he does that a lot. Have some guts. Start throwing the ball. Those dump offs and fast throws to the flat are not going to take us down the field. Forget using all those receivers as blockers on those piece of **** passes. Frustrating, but a lot more potential than past games if LaFleur would not play chicken ball. And the long balls...why? I want to see 15 yarders.