1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by maccadon3000, Aug 25, 2011.

1. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    If this was thought out they be selling frames that fit these

2. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I have 6 fingers and two thumbs left so got this year and will get another one next year. I ordered one too

• Like Like x 1
  3. joshuasmom07

joshuasmom07 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I tried searching for it but it does not recognize the number. The UPS MyChoice that you have may be the premium one ($40/month). I have the basic one. I keep hearing about all these issues with names and poor printing and I am beginning to worry about how mine will come. I was super excited to see my bf's face when he opened this for his christmas present...and now it looks like the surprised will be killed. The Packers didnt think this through very well. I do not understand why they refused to ship orders till after the 16th of December...knowing many people were giving these for Christmas. I am kinda bummed.

4. joshuasmom07

joshuasmom07 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Small world! I am in Palmdale! Lol.

5. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    I've been very surprised to see the trouble people are having with shipping issues, etc. - I received my share today, and it was as seamless as it gets. My brother in WI got his (ordered together with mine) on Monday.

I hope all the issues get worked out without a bunch of hassle.

Also...I don't know what people were expecting in terms of packaging but having bought in '97 and having no memory of anything at all special in terms of presentation from that sale, I was very impressed with what I found inside the envelope. I come from a family of artists/designers (and do a bit of graphic design on the side myself) and I loved it.

That said, all I care about is the ownership of the team, so I'm easy to please I guess.

Best of luck to all of you hoping to get yours in time for Christmas and still waiting. That's gotta suck. Remember that they were going to start the sale "around November 15" in the first place, but got hung up by some state regulations or something of that nature. I think they did their best to have it available for the holidays...and the volume of purchased shares probably surprised them a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    You will need to get a matte and then frame it in a larger frame. Check this out from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-P...=350513141460&ps=63&clkid=5070826804195019459 or have one cut at a Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Then just choose an off-the-rack frame that you like, and viola!

7. Packer fan forever

Ratings:
    +36
    Mine looks great, so don't worry until you see something wrong. It will probably be fine.

8. Packer fan forever

Ratings:
    +36
    I'm sure they will be in time, now that I have spent $55 on something else.:)

9. jcavhs

jcavhs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I definitely think the volume surprised them. In 1997 I believe they sold around 120,000 shares over the entire offering. This time they sold 185,000 in two days. That is a lot of processing. Yes, I wish things had gone more smoothly and they had put my grandparents' names on the certficate rather than mine on both. But at the end of the day I own a part of the Packers and that is what matters to me. And I think that is what will matter to my grandparents. I wrapped the second stock certificate with my name so they can open it. And with their anniversary coming up my family is going to get it custom framed anyway. So I'll get a corrected certificate, get it framed and they will be happy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    OMG, went on ebay and input Packers stock certificate, and you should see what people are charging for frames. I went to Walmart and spent a big 5 bucks on one. It's about all I had left to spend after paying for my share and Christmas presents for everybody else.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Packer fan forever

Ratings:
    +36
    Yes, I am glad I bought when I did. Both the frame and the mat that I had found earlier are $10 higher now than they were the first week of December.

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

Dont be a stranger

13. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    I had my stock sent to my home in TN and they mailed it down to me yesterday. I can't wait!!!

14. tiffyanne1803

tiffyanne1803 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes it is a small world! Not too many people know the area at all!

15. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Sending damaged stock cert to Wells Fargo today...

16. Greg Battleson

Greg Battleson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Still awaiting tracking number from a United Parcel Service that can not ship to P.O. Boxes , despite Morrow & Co. claims that they do ! Merry @#($&(#@ Christmas !

17. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    So I called today. They are aware if the issues. The guy said that you have to pay to send it. But they will refund for your shipping costs

18. Greg Battleson

Ratings:
    +9
    Packers website just confirmed that all P.O. Box shipments are being sent via U.S. Postal Service with no tracking capability and no guarantee for XMAS delivery ! I told that to Morrow & Co. all week long and they still claimed UPS was handing this with is illegal due to federal laws prohibiting private delivery companies to deliver to P.O. Boxes ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ I want my $525.00 back !!

19. Greg Battleson

Ratings:
    +9
    And for the picture frame challenged: The available matt size is 9 x 12 (you can center the 8" between the 9" borders) and the 9 x 12 matt accommodates a 12 x 16 frame ! And try to use a 12 x 16 frame with a wide 2 inch border which will match the 2 inch border on the 9 x 12 matt ! That is what they are selling on Amazon for $55.00. The matt can be purchased at the local AC Moore, Michael's or any craft store for between $3.50 to $5.00 in various shades of green. If you want a green frame to match, try Ebay !

20. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Just called Moron & Co....AGAIN. My order hasn't shipped yet. Ordered on 12/6.

21. joshuasmom07

joshuasmom07 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So much for paying $25 for 2-day shipping. I know they said some werent going to be shipped until friday the 23rd for arrival on the 24th...but UPS where I live does not do deliveries on Saturdays. This is truly ruining Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  22. tiffyanne1803

tiffyanne1803 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes it is! I had to make a fake one to wrap up for Christmas. Mine will be here tomorrow it says but I will be gone.

23. Greg Battleson

Ratings:
    +9
    Just checked the P.O. Box again today , and no certificates. I am not a happy tailgater at this point ! A big Bah Humbug goes out to Moron & Co., Wells Fargo, and UPS, USPS, and any other 6 figure income moron that coordinated this logistical mess !!!

24. Greg Battleson

Ratings:
    +9
    I did the same thing and put it in the custom frame I made ! I won't wrap til Saturday afternoon after I check the Post Office one last time for originals ! The Packers better beat the Bears Sunday night to make up for this nightmare !! Merry XMAS to you and yours !

25. Packer fan forever

Ratings:
    +36
    I am curious as to why, since I ordered around 8:10 am on December 6, my certificate wasn't printed until December 14. It seems like those 8 days could have been used to stay ahead of the rush as best they could. Also no idea why they would make the decision that no certificates could be delivered before December 16 (although I know some were.)