OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks for the people that are having problems. I am tracking my order and I am still nervous that something is going to go wrong between Northern California and Southern California. (stock cert is at UPS in Northern California)

At the end of the day, I do not think the Packers organization was prepared for the demand/response of this stock sale. I am not making excuses for them, but no way anyone though they certs would sell out in a week. Again, I am sorry for everyone having issues. I am sure it will get worked out one way or the other...
We can't blame the Packers for this (except, maybe, for not opening the sale earlier). They contracted everything out, from the actual sale website to the printing, packaging, and shipping. Their contractors were not ready for this size job, especially at this time of year. (I'm sure these were the lowest bidders. You get what you pay for, but it probably kept our cost down a little.)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. Not sure if anything's wrong with mine or not, supposedly it's arriving tomorrow. But I need the money back for an unforeseen emergency and they weren't able to cancel my order before it got shipped out, apparently, so I'm at least going to explore the possibility of returning it to Wells Fargo. Thanks again!
That sounds like it's going to be painful. don't look at it.

ClayJar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My order was in the first 11 minutes. I *did* get the confirmation email. In fact, with the site being all wonky, I ended up getting the same email with the same confirmation number twice. There was only record of one share ordered, so I'm told I just have to dispute the duplicate charge (which is no big deal). I never did get any email notification on tracking, although the fact I got the confirmation email is sufficient to verify that I didn't mistype something. That order arrived Tuesday (the 20th), and looking up the tracking number on the envelope, it was sent on the 16th.

Three days later (Friday the 9th), I ordered a share for my parents (to be a family gift to them). I got that confirmation email as well, so again, I know the email account is present and functional. No tracking email on that one, either. I'd track by reference number, but I note that there are two reference numbers on my delivered certificate. Reference number one is the full confirmation number *plus* a dash and five more digits (which do not correlate to anything I can find). Reference number two is another five-digit number that also does not correlate to anything I can find. The above-referenced "GBP plus the last X digits" was *not* among the reference numbers, so tracking by reference number required either of the unknown five-digit numbers. (In other words, any efforts to track by reference number are likely to fall flat.)

I have tried holding my empty envelope to my forehead to divine the tracking or reference numbers to the second order, but it seems that trick retired with Johnny Carson.

As for quality and framing options, my certificate was slightly rippled and had noticeable perforation remains, but the printing quality was unimpeachable. I ordered a simple 12x16 black frame and some mat from Amazon (Craig Frames was the company selling it, and they pre-cut the mats and even shipped them in the frames). I have two 12x16 mats: a forest green mat with a 12x8 opening in front of a butterscotch mat with an 11-3/4 x 7-3/4 opening, which gives a nice narrow yellow second mat border that covers the perforated edges quite nicely. It's not the official Packers Pantone-numbered colors, but I think it looks much better with the certificate design and paper (it's like what the Packers colors would look like after a few decades of well-loved aging).

ClayJar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! It's MAGIC!!!

I just finish typing that post and close a few tabs, and my email refreshes. New email from UPS My Choice! (I signed up for the free version and turned on all the free alerts.) The email alert is a tracking number for a UPS Next Day Air shipment to me from "Shipper: WELLS FARGO BANK".

So, while I have yet to see the expected email with the tracking number, I can now happily confirm that signing up for the free UPS My Choice service *can* alert you of the impending delivery. Tomorrow morning, or at least sometime tomorrow, I should have the Christmas present in hand. (And since I practiced framing on mine, I should make quick work of my parents' gift cert, eh?)

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still patiently waiting here in New Jersey for the post office to deliver it via Priority Mail to my P.O. Box ! 2 days from Minnesota means they should have mailed it by Wed. to arrive either Friday or Saturday morning. At this point, I have no idea where it is or whether it was shipped or not. MORON & CO. is useless and Wells Fargo is too big a conglomerate to care and the U.S. Postal Service is what it is ! Next year I'm writing the North Pole to receive my "Free" letter from Santa and I'm going to frame that instead !

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

WHERE IS MY FREAKIN' PACKERS STOCK ? I've been a good boy and already paid my credit card bill in full ! Those Packers hired some slackers ! shoulda hired some of your elves !

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

WHERE IS MY FREAKIN' PACKERS STOCK ? I've been a good boy and already paid my credit card bill in full ! Those Packers hired some slackers ! shoulda hired some of your elves !
Hey they are coming from Minnesota, they are in no rush up there. its the only way they can get even with us. They though they had us by the bawls with the Favre thing then we won the SB and they went down the crapper so they keep breaking printers and whatever else they can do to gum up the works. Then to make matters worse they ship them through the Chicago hub.

WTF!!!!!!!! Not that I belive in conspiracy therories but is there some way they can get Detroit involved in this??

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's not here tomorrow I'm going to get something free out of it lol. Maybe a custom jersey with OWNER 99 on the back? All my Steeler fan relatives are here for Christmas Eve Saturday and I NEEEED to have my stock up on the wall next to my XLV collage.....

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morrow & Co., LLC is a world leader in security-holder services and the advisor of choice for more than 750 publicly-traded companies worldwide, mutual funds, and well-known activists looking to reach and influence shareholders.
We believe our depth of knowledge and practical experience are what sets us apart from our competitors. This is an outgrowth of the stability and longevity of our organization – with almost four decades in the business, continuity of ownership, and a seasoned senior management team. This foundation, coupled with our unique understanding of the investment community and a disciplined approach to research and strategic analysis, is at the core of our broad range of fully-integrated services.

Morrow & Co. LLC has more knowledge and expertise as practitioners in the field of shareholder services than any other firm. The longevity of our senior staff, and the deep and broad level of experience amassed over nearly four decades since 1972, is unmatched. That is why clients, law firms, and activists, select Morrow when they need an experienced, full-service firm, dedicated to shareholder services.

DESPITE CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY ON THEIR WEBSITE, I DO REPEAT: MORON & COMPANY !

jcavhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I got my stock certificates on Tuesday and I've mentioned that the put by name on my certificate and the one for my grandparents.

So this morning I got an e-mail from UPS Choice that I have a package being delivered today from Wells Fargo. I'm wondering if this is a corrected one? I didn't send the incorrect one in yet since I want my grandparents to have something to open on Sunday.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If it's not here tomorrow I'm going to get something free out of it lol. Maybe a custom jersey with OWNER 99 on the back? All my Steeler fan relatives are here for Christmas Eve Saturday and I NEEEED to have my stock up on the wall next to my XLV collage.....
That's just not fair. I showed mine to my traitorus steeler offspring and she just tried to brush it off as nothing big. I read the letter that comes with it over the phone from Mark welcoming you as a new NFl owner and add libbed if your daughter ever comes over from the dark side she too may one day feel the power of the G force.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
That's just not fair. I showed mine to my traitorus steeler offspring and she just tried to brush it off as nothing big. I read the letter that comes with it over the phone from Mark welcoming you as a new NFl owner and add libbed if your daughter ever comes over from the dark side she too may one day feel the power of the G force.
Steeler fan and she's still your daughter?

MadtownEric

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I got my stock certificates on Tuesday and I've mentioned that the put by name on my certificate and the one for my grandparents.

So this morning I got an e-mail from UPS Choice that I have a package being delivered today from Wells Fargo. I'm wondering if this is a corrected one? I didn't send the incorrect one in yet since I want my grandparents to have something to open on Sunday.

That's it. I just received my correct stock certificate today...without a 2nd UPS email. So they truly did print duplicates.

jcavhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's it. I just received my correct stock certificate today...without a 2nd UPS email. So they truly did print duplicates.
Well good news then that my grandparents should (assuming no issues) get their actual certificate. It just means I get to open the already wrapped wrong certifcate and re-wrap the correct one then.

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merry XMAS back at ya' Packer organization @#)#&*#$&()#) Basically, it is saying Don't Call US - We'll mail them when we can after the holiday ! Calling Moron & Co. now to request refunds on my two shares !

ClayJar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following are the text contents of the annoying graphic-of-text email (why *do* people do that?!?) sent this morning.

Subject: Update on Your Recent Green Bay Packers Stock Purchase

Dear Shareholder Purchaser,

We are contacting you because you may have not received your certificate yet. As you know, the response to the stock sale offering has been tremendous. We are working hard with our partners to get certificates delivered by December 24th to all those who purchased shares by December 16th.

The following are scenarios that describe the current shipping status for those who ordered by December 16th:

1. You ordered and received it: Thank you again for your support.
  2. A tracking number was provided and the shipment is on its way: You should have received your tracking number via email. Please continue to check for it.
  3. No tracking number was provided, but the shipment is on its way: A system error occurred on some purchases and tracking numbers were no emailed to the recipient yet.
  4. Your certificate is due to be shipped on Friday: You will receive a tracking number via email. Please continue to check for it.
  5. Your certificate was not shipped because it was determined to be damaged in the preparation process: We are working hard with our transfer agent to reprint your certificate and hopefully ship it by December 23rd. We may not be able to accomplish all reprints in this timeframe.
  6. Your certificate was not shipped because it was an incorrect address: Examples of this include P.O. Box use, incorrect state, city, ZIP code, etc. Due to the need to research the correct address and possibly contact the purchaser, we will not be able to ship these within the desired timeframe.

We have received many inquiries at our call center and our corporate offices about deliveries this week. The Packers corporate office does not have information on specific orders. In most cases, purchasers will receive an email with a tracking number on Friday. We ask for your patience while your shipment is processed and your tracking number is emailed to you.

Should you have a question about a matter not addressed above, the best information source to call is the stock sale call center at 1-855-8-GO PACK (1-855-846-7225).

Call center hours:
Daily through Dec. 24th, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. CST
On Dec. 25th, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. CST
On Dec. 26th, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. CST

Thank you for your support and continued patience.
The Green Bay Packers

(There. Now searches can read it, too.)

ClayJar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of my shipments were in option three, although one has been promoted to option one. According the tracking information discovered thanks to UPS My Choice, my second order was shipped yesterday for delivery by 10:30am. As UPS says, "Guaranteed service provides assurance of on-time delivery".

I feel very assured as I sit here an hour and counting after their guarantee. :D

Greg Battleson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember reading "No PO Boxes", so perhaps that one in particular is not necessarily their fault, is it?
The Packer website claimed Tuesday that P.O. Box recipients were being processed with U.S. Postal Service with no guarantee for XMAS delivery. This latest email , I interpret as meaning that they haven't even mailed them. Not consistent !

jcavhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember reading "No PO Boxes", so perhaps that one in particular is not necessarily their fault, is it?
I agree. I understand people being frustrated. I know I was when I saw that the second certificate didn't have my grandparents' names on it. But I also realize that we Packer fans are so enthusiastic that things probably ended up being a little crazier than the Packers, Mellon, and Wells Fargo expected. There were rumors they were going to start the sale around November 15th but due to regulatory issues it got delayed for about 3 weeks. Since they seem to be doing their best to get things to people by Christmas, that shortens their timeline by about half. Plus, they sold in 2 days about 50% more than they sold the entire offering in 1997-1998. That is a lot more volume than they probably expected to have to process. And given that this is actual stock I'm betting regulatory stuff means that processing it is a little more complicated than just printing and shipping certificates. So all that extra volume can really cause things to snowball.

I'm know I'm lucky that my certificates seem good. It sounds like I will have a correct one for my grandparents when I get home from work today so I just need to wrap it. But even when I thought they would be unwrapping something that didn't have their names with it I was okay. They are stockholders which will make them deliriously happy. Whether they get the actual certificate on Christmas or later isn't what is going to matter to them. They are Packer fans and getting to say they own a part of their team is what is important and they will get to do that. As will everyone who has had issues with their certificates.

Members online

Latest posts