Official Tampa thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Which teams are guaranteed to beat us?
I should have qualified the remark.

On the road is the problem. Don't know what seed we'll be if we beat Detroit but we really need HFA if we want to do any damage.

Seattle on the road scares the crap out of me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have qualified the remark.

On the road is the problem. Don't know what seed we'll be if we beat Detroit but we really need HFA if we want to do any damage.

Seattle on the road scares the crap out of me.
AFAIK as it stands now, the Packers will be at worst the #2 if they beat the kitties. The 3 remaining west vs west division games will determine the rest.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect to blow the bucs out this game, bucs have been playing teams close. plus lovie smith knows our team very well and Arod was really under the weather today. I think we will be fine come playoff time. GoPackGo

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most important thing is we should of beat this team and we did. In the process of that we clinched a playoff spot. The defense came off a great game and we are playing the finale at HOME, where I will remind everyone we have averaged over 40 points a game. Not saying that will happen against the Lions but I'm sure we will put up more than 7.

What a game this is going to be next week, can't wait. Two seasons in a row the division comes down to a head to head in week 17, can't ask for much more!

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Which teams are guaranteed to beat us?
and then.. when you come with that list.. How much would you wager?

Our winning % at home is 100% On the road it's: .500

Here are the 4 teams we beat on the road: Da' Bears, Vikes, Dolphins and Bucs with a combined winning % of .345.
(.333, .400, .533 and .133 respectively)

We've been beat on the road this year by: The Seahawks, Lions, Saints and Bills with a combined winning % of .599.
(.733, .733, .400, .533 respectively)

The Saints loss is inexplicable to me. It's the only outlier in this.
It's good competition we've lost to on the road except for the Saints. They are not a good football team and we couldn't beat them. Are they better or worse then their record? Does it really matter now?

The only road win against a winning team was Miami and we BARELY beat them.

So unfortunately the only logical conclusion to draw is that we usually cannot beat good teams on the road and occasionally get beat by bad ones.

My definition of good is over .500 win %.

So, Twiddle, if we have to travel to Seattle this post-season I might take you up on that offer. :p

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rogers and the offense gets on a hot streak like 2010 we can beat anyone, anywhere. Especially with a defense that seems to have found itself.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
If Rogers and the offense gets on a hot streak like 2010 we can beat anyone, anywhere. Especially with a defense that seems to have found itself.

J, I believe that completely so don't get me wrong here.

I just thought those numbers were worth considering to temper the hopes of the faithful.

When the Pack fire on all cylinders, they are world beaters.

They just haven't shown us they can do that on the road against top shelf competition. Yet.

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J, I believe that completely so don't get me wrong here.

I just thought those numbers were worth considering to temper the hopes of the faithful.

When the Pack fire on all cylinders, they are world beaters.

They just haven't shown us they can do that on the road against top shelf competition. Yet.
Yes, I agree we've been up and down this season. Bad losses to Seattle, New Orleans, and Buffalo. A bad win first game against Chicago. But both the offensive and defensive lines are playing solid football, and, as Bruce Arians said last night, it's blocking and tackling that wins or loses games. So I like our chances, especially with the best QB in the game right now.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
But both the offensive and defensive lines are playing solid football, and, as Bruce Arians said last night, it's blocking and tackling that wins or loses games.

The O line has been very good. Lacy is a bonafide stud and we have the best QB in the league with a stellar cast of Wide Receivers. I wish I could say the same of our Tight Ends but perhaps someone starts to shine or they address it in the draft but we have larger fish to fry IMHO in the next draft.

The Green Bay Packers are indeed a curious beast.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Our winning % at home is 100% On the road it's: .500

Here are the 4 teams we beat on the road: Da' Bears, Vikes, Dolphins and Bucs with a combined winning % of .345.
(.333, .400, .533 and .133 respectively)

We've been beat on the road this year by: The Seahawks, Lions, Saints and Bills with a combined winning % of .599.
(.733, .733, .400, .533 respectively)

The Saints loss is inexplicable to me. It's the only outlier in this.
It's good competition we've lost to on the road except for the Saints. They are not a good football team and we couldn't beat them. Are they better or worse then their record? Does it really matter now?

The only road win against a winning team was Miami and we BARELY beat them.

So unfortunately the only logical conclusion to draw is that we usually cannot beat good teams on the road and occasionally get beat by bad ones.

My definition of good is over .500 win %.

So, Twiddle, if we have to travel to Seattle this post-season I might take you up on that offer. :p

There are a couple ways to look at this and I have come to some conclusion. Our road schedule overall has been brutal as we have played 3 top 5 defenses on the road and Miami has no slouch front either in a game played in extreme heat. You say the Saints are not a good football team but going to New Orleans in prime time is never easy and Rodgers did get hurt in that game. Overall, I see one easy road game maybe at Chicago and I say maybe because it was a division rivalry game. Also, we just gave Tampa Bay there second biggest home loss of the season. Nothing to write home to mom about but our defense is playing it's best ball at the right time of the year.

Other then the Dallas Cowboys nobody has really done much better then us on the road this year. One thing I will say is that with our road schedule we have had we are definitely battle tested moving forward playing in some of the toughest venues in the league with a couple slotted prime time and the Seahawks "banner night". I can only see this helping us moving forward if it comes down to us winning "1 road game" to get to the promise land. If we do end up in Seattle we don't have to play them 10 times in Seattle to get to the Super Bowl. We just have to beat them 1 time the last time I checked.

Beat Detroit and get a home playoff game. We really can't worry about anything else right now but to say to were not a Super Bowl contender is a bit ridiculous IMO. I know Vegas doesn't see it that as were a 6-1 to win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Beat Detroit and get a home playoff game. We really can't worry about anything else right now but to say to were not a Super Bowl contender is a bit ridiculous IMO. I know Vegas doesn't see it that as were a 6-1 to win the Super Bowl.

They need to spank Detroit, not just squeak one out. Send the Kitty Kat's back a notch.

Then sit back and wait to see who comes knocking.

Let Sitton's toe rest along with Lacy's hip and Lang's ankle and probably a dozen other little nagging bumps and bruises accumulated over the course of the season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They need to spank Detroit, not just squeak one out. Send the Kitty Kat's back a notch.

Then sit back and wait to see who comes knocking.

Let Sitton's toe rest along with Lacy's hip and Lang's ankle and probably a dozen other little nagging bumps and bruises accumulated over the course of the season.

Exactly. give Detroit a knock out punch and then get healthy and rested for a home playoff game. Take care of bizz and we can put ourselves in a 60 minute situation to get to the Super Bowl.

Seahawks wanna puff there chests and say there the best defense of all time then let em. It makes good for Aaron Rodgers legacy ;).

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Seahawks wanna puff there chests and say there the best defense of all time then let em.

The 1976 Steelers Defense might have a thing or two to say in response to that nonsense.

Let's not forget the Monsters of the Midway either. Credit is due where it is due!

Is there any scenario under which Seattle has to come to Green Bay?

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The 1976 Steelers Defense might have a thing or two to say in response to that nonsense.

Let's not forget the Monsters of the Midway either. Credit is due where it is due!

Is there any scenario under which Seattle has to come to Green Bay?

I really don't want to get into the Seattle defense thing but they have been feasting on bad QB's that can't throw or convert on 3rd down. They haven't played a decent QB since Romo. The Hawks will say they had this big team meeting and some will say Wagner came back and there defense went to a whole new level. Wagner is a great football player but I am not buying it. Wagner was out there when they got pushed by the Cowboys and he was out there when Rivers picked em apart. In fact other then the new Mark Sanchez look Eagles the Hawks haven't played a top 10 offense since Dallas. Last night the Cards had receivers open and either couldn't hold on to ball or Lindly just couldn't get it there.

Yes we win and Seattle loses to Rams this Sunday and we would retain 1 seed.

Also after Detroit game this weekend our offense will have played 7 of our 16 games against a top 10 defense. I believe were tested.

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers are indeed a curious beast.
Yes, they've got holes on both sides of the ball. But that's today's NFL, where it's virtually impossible to assemble a great team, and keep it together in hopes of establishing a new dynasty. Now, you have to be content with winning divisional championships repeatedly, and occasionally a real Championship. TT and MM have certainly been successful in that respect. But it's also the reason for the one and done playoff appearances.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes, they've got holes on both sides of the ball. But that's today's NFL, where it's virtually impossible to assemble a great team, and keep it together in hopes of establishing a new dynasty. Now, you have to be content with winning divisional championships repeatedly, and occasionally a real Championship. TT and MM have certainly been successful in that respect. But it's also the reason for the one and done playoff appearances.

While I agree 100 percent and there are a couple spots that need addressed for near perfection one would have to admit that since we haven't been seeing as much of Hawk and Jones in the middle that we appear better and more athletic in the middle.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I like Perry, Clay, Barrington, and Peppers out there with Neal rotating in. So much faster and more athletic in the middle. They finally stopped looking at contracts and are putting the best guys on the field or where they can help the most.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have had a good plan since they assembled this staff, but things change. People think we have one and dones because somehow MM and capers forget how to coach or that TT can't build a good team? At the end of last year, the fact we made the playoffs and were even in the game was a testament to just how good these coaches are. We didn't have a lot of players available to even field an NFL caliber defense, let alone win in the playoffs and yet we were a rookie keeping his hands on the ball play away from going to the NFC championship game.

This year, Barrington was hurt all last year and had lots of growing to do this year. He still does, he can make plays, but he still makes a lot of mistakes. Last week against the Bills he single handedly wasted 2 stops and our timeouts. That stuff won't fly against the really good teams, it didn't last week either. But he's growing into the position. Neal has played a couple different positions, it isn't easy to just switch. He's has steadily improved and grown into the position and it shows in the defense. Peppers was a great addition. Perry is healthy again, well kind of, and we need him to stay that way. He's not an all-star, but when he's not in the lineup, the effect on the defense is noticeable. But he's had trouble staying on the field too.

We need all these guys available, and I think our defense is going to open some eyes this post season. If the offense finds their groove again, I like our chances anywhere against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts