Official Studs and Duds Vikings

Reaction score
Stud:
Finally Rodgers to MVS, EQ, Adams.
Deguara. Nice hands and signal to #12
KC playing Dallas like the Vikings did us, starting 9-0
Savage should’ve had 2 INT. 1 got reversed and credit Theilin as hooked Savages arm to play Defense on another.
Kenny played wonderful.

Dud:
We are now minus Bak, Elgton and Meyers. 3 of 5 presumed starters. We’ve got to shake the injury bug and start netting some players.

Refs. At least 2 times KC getting favorable spots of at least 1 extra yard (or walking ours back an extra -yard)

Keke. What was Kingsley trying to achieve leading with his helmet? He single handed gave MN 7 points.

Crosby and Co.
I don’t need to hear any more excuses. High school Kickers make 35 yard FG’s 90% of the time. It’s starting to cost us Games

Barnes got burned on a few key plays.

The Defense giving up 4 first downs by inches.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to say our Defense was a stud today, but some of you guys, what the fuzz?

They need to make the plays they're in position to make. the good news is, they put themselves into that position a lot this game and we're down some pretty good guys on that side of the ball. The big dud is, they didn't make them. 2 TD drives and the final drive we literally missed 6 Turnover opportunities. that's definitely not good, but crappy defense aren't in those positions either. Sometimes it's just that way. Heck, Cousins gets blasted, tosses a duck, receiver pushes off on a 50/50 ball and gets a TD. it happens, it won't happen every time, just seemed to this game.

They weren't studs, but they also aren't that far off either.

Keke needs to be smarter. I hate some of the rules, like that one. It's my opinion it's still football and if you are arms out and head up it should never be a penalty. the "head to head" is completely different in that situation head up vs down. He didn't launch at the head either and put his crown under his chin. that's different. I know it's the rule and i've never liked it because good tackles become penalties and there is no more risk of injury with that play than any other out there, but it is what it is and he needs to just get off to the side and play the game they want you to play. he cost us big time right there.

anyway, no real studs for me. Offense started finding a groove that's good. But too many penalties and missed opportunities to give stud ratings. It was nice to see some guys show up. EQ moved pretty well with the ball, surprised he's not open more and hearing his name seeing that. MVS making some big plays. Rodgers had some pretty good throws. Devante was pretty good. Dillon ran well and was a nimble pass catcher again.

Need to get Gary back, hope Jenkins isn't going right when BakhT is coming back, but we'll just have to roll with it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stud: Vikings

You managed to stave off the Packers having the division wrapped up before Thanksgiving. Congrats!

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: All the praise heaped on Joe Barry the past week. I knew it was premature. This might've been the worst defensive performance this season.

Barry had a very good game. We dropped 3 interceptions, had one called back on an interception, and Douglas somehow didn’t find one he turned his head on. On top of all that the run defense was good.

You can only blame the coach so much for performance on the field.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a good chance that Crosby's miss cost us the game. It was bound to happen eventually.

As well as the defense played the past few weeks, it was really bad today. Cousins smoked the D.

When you cannot get any pressure without blitzing any decent QB is gonna carve you up. I will say the Vikes got every stinkin' break too. Thank god we have a nice lead in the division...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO - Two biggest factors in this game were the uncharacteristic penalties and the inability of the defense to secure a takeaway. Cousins tried his best to give us at least 4 interceptions and we couldn't secure one. Also had a chance at a fumble. The one interception we did secure was overturned by a penalty. Any one of them would have changed the game entirely. Bullet meet foot.
I think offensive holding by our linemen was a big issue today. We were constantly behind the chains.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Dillon MVS Davonte and eventually Rodgers Clark
Duds: first half O was flat as a pancake
D was burned badly and often
Crosby is toast if he can’t get his head straight
And as usual special teams return units
Penalties
Add Preston to the Stud list.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs -

2nd half Rodgers - absolutely played lights out, the throws he made and the chess match he played was a great scene.

Devontae Adams - really kept us in the game with crucial work and precise route running.

MVS - his speed and elusiveness sparked the offense and took a big step forward from his injury.

Kenny Clark - really got great push up the middle and was disruptive as a whole.

Campbell - again did a great job for the most part on his reads and reacts.

2nd half MLF - some of the play calls if made by him were outstanding and brought the team back into the game.

Duds:

Mason Crosby - Say what u will, but he is turning into unreliable. Cannot miss chip shots.

Dean Lowry - wow was he a liability today when he came in and MN noticed and started running his way, very seldom did he get any push to pressure the pocket.

Henry Black - I realize he is our 4th option at safety but looks lost as he is not sure where his assignments are.

Eric Stokes - instead of covering seemed confused as to zone coverage quite a few times and got caught looking into the backfield.

Hochuli crew - This was very one sided and there were several questionable calls that totally swayed the score and game result.

Collectively, this was a hard fought game with a patch up offense and defense. The injury bug just continues to bite this team hard. This team still was very close to pulling out a W. If you told me that this team took a fluke L to MN missing Aaron Jones, Bakhtiari, Z Smith, Gary, Alexander, Myers, Tonyon, Mercilus, Lazard, and Jenkins in crunch time I would've not been surprised. The team still has loads of talent and needs a little luck on the injury front. This L is not the end of the world.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure hope that Jenkins doesn’t have a torn acl. That -the Packers can’t afford with all of the injuries. St. Brown is awesome! Can not figure out the special teams this season!!!! Bad snaps bad holds and Crosby. I really hate to put too much blame on Crosby because I love the overall steadiness of the guy. Something needs to go and I think it’s the special teams coordinator. No excuse for NOT getting this thing fixed

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ignore weeks of good defense as irrelevant, and decide that one week of bad defense is conclusive, you’re an idiot.
Don't know if you're talking about me, but I have made no judgement on Barry yet. Will wait until the end of the season.

Reaction score
There's a good chance that Crosby's miss cost us the game. It was bound to happen eventually.

As well as the defense played the past few weeks, it was really bad today. Cousins smoked the D.
Cousins was 1-2 INT from losing this game and anyone who watched it knows it. Our D missed opportunities. They are normally an opportunistic D. That QB pressure often spells bad throws and INT. Today we weren’t good enough. But make no mistake, the Vikings had crowd support and came out shining on several key plays. Savages first INT reversal (Keke) led to 7 Vikings points verses us getting the ball on our 36 yard line. That penalty and a missed FG alone decided the outcome.

This couldn’t have been a worse setup for GB (aside from sitting our QB). A divisional road game against a well rounded team that is fighting for their last breath vs. a tattered GB unit on both sides. A Vikings (4-6) loss would’ve been crucial to their seasons outcome. They are still fighting for their football lives.

Expect a much different outcome eith the Vikings at Lambeau, in freezing conditions, to open the 2022 year.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Really think the Dbacks spend a lot of coverage with their backs to the ball, and today seems the were playing catch up with the Viking receivers, they could have had multiple T O’s I agree Barry can only coach them up so much the players have to perform, “All is not lost” Zimmerman thinks he has the Packers number but his playoff appearances say otherwise

D

Deleted member 6794

The league finding a way to take away Packer victories over Minny is becoming a storied tradition.

It’s like mom is interceding so that little brother can win sometimes.

What a pathetic franchise.

You're acting like a sore loser, the Packers lost the game because they didn't take advantage of several opportunities to create a turnover and not because of the refs.

Last edited by a moderator:

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didn't we double Jefferson? Why is Crosby still on this team, he sucks. Where is Bahktiari and Alexander? Get your ***** on the field. We are letting the #1 seed slip through our hands.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didn't we double Jefferson? Why is Crosby still on this team, he sucks. Where is Bahktiari and Alexander? Get your ***** on the field. We are letting the #1 seed slip through our hands.
I agree with Wimm who basically said that the health of the players is more important than the top seed. And I don't think winning the top seed should be considered your mini Super Bowl. Better to be in top shape for the playoffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're acting like a sore loser, the Packers lost the game because they didn't take advantage of several opportunities to create a turnover and not because of the refs.
I think you missed his tone that started way before the game was played.

Reaction score
I’m still optimistic. A loss is never good. However there isn’t really anyone that scares the daylights out of me.

Minnesota is a good team, playing at home in a must win situation. They win on a last second FG and they were lucky that wasn’t us kicking for the win.
GB led with 3 minutes left in the game!. We were tied :03 seconds left. That game came down to which QB had the ball last. Meanwhile GB had about 7 starters sidelined!

It was a fantastic game to watch. Loved how resilient we played. You take Dalvin Cook out and put Aaron Jones in there? Hmmm. The Vikings are playoff toast. Don’t expect a fatigued covid Rodgers with no practice time! oops I meant pinky toe boo boo injury my bad :tup: (sure runs awful good on a bad toe!) :whistling:We are the better team and they are very fortunate to get away with a Win at US Bank. GB will win this Division, but with a Rocky finish. Probably 12-5. No way do the Vikings win out. That’s like a 1% chance.
The Vikings have to go through Lambeau 2X best case (if they make the playoffs which is a reasonable assumption) We won’t be toying around with resting players for a playoff run our next meeting in January. They are our first playoff game and the crowd is going to get a little crazy.

Expect a decisive Vikings elimination and that might be before playoffs. The Vikings better not lose another game in the meantime or it’s not going to be pretty in mini Apple. The Packers just showed me what I needed to know. Our Offense is on the rise!

PS. I apologized I was getting myself excited just thinking about it!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts