Official Studs and duds seahawks

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud for me was Dillon on offense and Amos on defense.

Duds were Newman on offense and Sullivan on defense.

Lazard I thought also had a really bad game. He is just really struggling to do anything as a receiver. He had some tough catch opportunities, but as a big possession receiver you gotta pulls those in. Its bad enough he struggles getting open.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Also I just cannot help but think, Rodgers in the back of his mind really thinks it "could be" the last ride in Green Bay. The fact he got so emotional after one of his roughest games at Lambeau this year and the "misty" comment - part of me truly wonders say he leads us to a SB win. I could see him walking away, truly could.
And retires

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't catch the ball. He had two important targets and came up empty handed. DUD!
On one he got hit full force the same time the ball got there and on the other the defender got a hand on it and defended it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still love to watch the entire Packer game, from start to finish. However, I don't like commercials, so I usually don't start watching until an hour or so after the game has already started. This allows me to fast forward through the commercials and halftime and I am usually just catching up to live by the end of the game.

This works great, unless you have someone text you about the game, come into the room knowing more than you do or even worse, opening up your computer/phone and for some reason the final score pops up.
Yes!
Do you also have people come in and tell you basically old Packer news that you’ve known about since day before yesterday??
They act like it’s Breaking News!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes!
Do you also have people come in and tell you basically old Packer news that you’ve known about since day before yesterday??
They act like it’s Breaking News!
Oh yes. Like..."Dude, did you know Aaron Rodgers could have been the first pick in the Draft, but a bunch of teams passed on him?"

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
He didn't catch the ball. He had two important targets and came up empty handed. DUD!
I would actually argue three. The deep ball that was a bit underthrown by Rodgers. He did not adjust well to it. The one where Rodgers put it right on his hands in double coverage and it basically just bounced off him. Then the 4th down to keep the drive going. But hey, he can block.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell us how you really feel. Don’t hold back this time.. :laugh:

I’m going to give a Dud to Pete Carroll for throwing his crotch warmer on to the field for a challenge request. I noticed everyone kinda stared at it and initially backed away from it. I swear it was down his pants. It had steam coming off it so there’s only 1 place I can think of that.., um.. disregard this post :tup:
I heard after the game Carroll was complaining about the officiating. Cry me a river. :rolleyes:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud for me was Dillon on offense and Amos on defense.

Duds were Newman on offense and Sullivan on defense.

Lazard I thought also had a really bad game. He is just really struggling to do anything as a receiver. He had some tough catch opportunities, but as a big possession receiver you gotta pulls those in. Its bad enough he struggles getting open.
Then again...

As always here they are (PFF Grading):

Offense Best 5:
1. RB A.J. Dillon, 83.3
2. RG Royce Newman, 76.8
3. RT Billy Turner, 72.5
4. LT Elgton Jenkins, 70.3
5. WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 61.4

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard after the game Carroll was complaining about the officiating. Cry me a river. :rolleyes:

He believes King didn't complete the catch on the INT - I tend to agree with him, a WR must control the ball through contact with the ground - he did not.
He also believes that fumbled snap was clearly the Seahawks, which I agree with him.

I DESPISE myself for agreeing with Carroll too.....I struggle with that man more than nearly any coach EVER in the history of sports.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lazards blocking is the better argument to him being a dud. I don't think any WR comes down with one if not both those balls.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He believes King didn't complete the catch on the INT - I tend to agree with him, a WR must control the ball through contact with the ground - he did not.
He also believes that fumbled snap was clearly the Seahawks, which I agree with him.

I DESPISE myself for agreeing with Carroll too.....I struggle with that man more than nearly any coach EVER in the history of sports.
unlike the fail mary where Jennings had the ball and then Golden tate grabbed it in his hands and they were awarded the ball for possessing it 2nd. Rodgers had both of his outstretched hands on the ball when the seattle defender also jumped on top of it. Did he Possess it more? maybe, but does that mean Rodgers didn't first while on the ground and downed with any contact? No.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unlike the fail mary where Jennings had the ball and then Golden tate grabbed it in his hands and they were awarded the ball for possessing it 2nd. Rodgers had both of his outstretched hands on the ball when the seattle defender also jumped on top of it. Did he Possess it more? maybe, but does that mean Rodgers didn't first while on the ground and downed with any contact? No.

Nope, I've watched it numerous times. I don't believe Rodgers had possession of the ball before the Seahawk, nor does having a hand on the ball constitute possession I believe - if so that could get VERY interesting for DBs and such.

I hear ya, just disagree on this one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The "good news" about the so called blown calls:

- They were in our favor and Seattle "owed us." :)

- I saw some pulling and tugging by Seattle players, including at least 2 uncalled facemask penalties. Eventually things even out.

- Both of those questionable calls were originally called on the field in the Packers favor. So in order to reverse them, it requires clear and convincing evidence that the original call made on the field of play was incorrect. Not so sure they had that. I only saw the scoreboard replay, will look closer if I watch the game again. I will admit, I thought the Rodgers fumble would get reversed, but I only saw the replay once.

- Finally, the Packers pretty much dominated the Seahawks, winning 17-0. Not convinced having both of those calls reversed changes who wins the game.

- Kind of back to the first thing, its Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question about penalties and offsetting.

On the occasion metcalf got binned for the game, there were two penalties called on the hawks and one on the pack. how can one penalty on us offset two penalties on the hawks, surely it should be 1-1 and there still should have been a penalty on the hawks?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, I've watched it numerous times. I don't believe Rodgers had possession of the ball before the Seahawk, nor does having a hand on the ball constitute possession I believe - if so that could get VERY interesting for DBs and such.

I hear ya, just disagree on this one.
I only saw it in the game, so i reserve the right to be wrong.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The way I saw it was that he had just enough time for possession and then the receiver hit the ball out, before he hit the ground. So the ground did not cause a fumble.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On the occasion metcalf got binned for the game, there were two penalties called on the hawks and one on the pack. how can one penalty on us offset two penalties on the hawks, surely it should be 1-1 and there still should have been a penalty on the hawks?
Fairness would suggest that… but nope… that’s not the rule.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It does not matter how many penalties. If both teams have at least one; they are all offsetting. Now if one happened during the play and another after the play; then they are both valid penalties.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It used to be that a personal foul trumped other penalties. Not any more and I don't know why they changed it. Slamming someone to the ground by their face mask, shouldn't go unpenalized simply because the other team lined up offsides.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It used to be that a personal foul trumped other penalties. Not any more and I don't know why they changed it. Slamming someone to the ground by their face mask, shouldn't go unrealized simply because the other team lined up offsides.
That’s how it should work. At the very least an infraction during the play and an infraction after the play shouldn’t offset.

If I flinch and create a false start…. Then after the play an opponent goes over and spits in MLF’ face.. those shouldn’t offset. Just my opinion there.

Although. If they do offset? I’ve got some special plans for our opponents HC if I see even 1 flag thrown early into a play. Talk about a free play! Just wait until the playoffs I’ve got something special planned!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts