Official Studs and duds seahawks

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- The entire defense. Hats off, applause to this D. The kind of defense that wins games. AJ Dillion.

Improvement- Amari Rodgers in kick return.

Duds- Rodgers looked uncomfortable. Crosby needs to get his head on right. Prayers up for Jones and Gary!
Just for the record. Malik Taylor on the one KO return and he looked very good. Amari looked good on punt returns also.

Reaction score
Well that statement is pretty much always true, isn't it?
Sure, if it’s being used as more of a general statement. However, we hold a #1 seed and if we keep winning? The only way we can lose that seeding is on a tie breaker. Only 2 teams currently in the NFC can say that if WE do our business.
That team is Dallas at 1 game behind us. If we both win out? They’d tie our overall record (15-2) then our conference record, but they have the Saints on their schedule and their Win would put them in front of us by head to head tiebreaker. Other than than them? Not 1 team can pass us if we keep winning.

So my comment is more literal than figurative, which is how you took it.
No other team but Dallas can say that if we win out (obviously GB winning out would eliminate our other problem outlier, which is the LA Rams)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rodgers is GOD
Rodgers on his best day is Not even a speck of sand on an Earth beach compared to 1,000,000,000,000+ universes of energy and mass.

But Rodgers admitted he was wrong this week! I’ll give him 2 specks of sand snd a slight uptick towards 3! :coffee:

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers looked a bit under the weather, didn't he? Some of this throws were just "off", and the interception -- of course it was a bad mistake to throw that ball. Fortunately it didn't come back to to bite them. I'd say he wasn't much better than 80%.

Game balls to Dillon and the secondary, led by Amos. Best game I've seen the secondary play in a long, long time (like years!).

Thumbs down to the offense's third down woes. And Metcalf -- what a loser to pull on two players' facemasks, and then he tried to sneak back onto the field after getting booted!

Fingers crossed that Jones' and Gary's injuries aren't too bad.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Eric Stokes - amazing coverage and range, is getting better every single game.

Campbell - continues to keep gap leaks at a minimum and makes the offense he faces stretch.

Amos - Had one hell of a game, and he was closing on coverage and his timing was great.

P Smith - Was noticeable in the pass rush and got good push.

Gary - absolutely great pressures and a force to be reckoned with and is getting better and better - fingers crossed on his arm/shoulder injury as we NEED his presence.

Savage - He looked quick today and was reacting extremely well.

AJ Dillon - the man is a freight train - the power and versatility was on display as he tears into defenses later in game when they are gassed. He is a very able receiver as well and is a force.

Devante Adams - continues to show leadership and makes plays when called upon.

2nd half Oline - did excellent in opening holes and gaps for runners to feast upon

Joe Barry - has done what appears to be a outstanding job of scheming and is putting all of his players in positions to succeed. What a breath of fresh air.

Duds:

Mason Crosby - has the yips and needs to get back on track.

Deguara - doesn't seem to know his assignments at all times.

Aaron Rodgers - was pressing at times, and didn't seem comfortable and confident like we are used to seeing. Did his best gunslinger imitation and it wiped points off the board.

All in all - one of the best defensive performances in a LONG LONG time!!! I realize that Wilson was not 100 pct as his finger was hampering his normal performance but a shut out is a shut out, and he is one of the best in the business. Barry has this defense believing in each other and it shows - the chemistry on his unit is exactly what this team has needed in a what seems to be 10 plus years. Injuries in this game are going to effect both sides of the ball, but the degree to which is yet to be seen.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ya'll see Cobb giving Aaron Jones a piggy back ride off the field?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, if it’s being used as more of a general statement. However, we hold a #1 seed and if we keep winning? The only way we can lose that seeding is on a tie breaker. Only 2 teams currently in the NFC can say that if WE do our business.
That team is Dallas at 1 game behind us. If we both win out? They’d tie our overall record (15-2) then our conference record, but they have the Saints on their schedule and their Win would put them in front of us by head to head tiebreaker. Other than than them? Not 1 team can pass us if we keep winning.

So my comment is more literal than figurative, which is how you took it.
No other team but Dallas can say that if we win out (obviously GB winning out would eliminate our other problem outlier, which is the LA Rams)
Dang, if only Dallas did not have the easiest schedule left of the teams competing with the packers for the #1 seed. This of course is my opinion. I do not expect anyone to believe me.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was ugly football for the first 50 minutes. It really is a game of inches. Rodgers was just a fraction of a second slow to pull the trigger a couple times and it made the difference between an easily catchable ball and a tough catch. The receivers then proceeded to drop the tough ones.

Studs:

1. The defense as a whole was outstanding. Wilson was clearly not 100% and Seattle is not a great team, but a shutout is a shutout. Hard to do in the modern NFL. I've been a Barry skeptic, but he's convinced me. Amos, Stokes -- the whole secondary looked good. So glad we got Campbell.

2. Dillon. The man gets yards after contact. Lots of yards. Protected the ball. A+.

Duds:

1. Hate to give Crosby after all his years of service and clutch kicks, but you absolutely have to make your kicks in this league. I saw nothing wrong with the snap or hold on the miss.

2. Red zone offense. Giving up killer penalties and sacks taking potential points off the board. That would have cost us the game without the superb defensive effort.

3. Injuries. Really, really hoping Gary and Jones injuries aren't too bad. Can't afford to lose either of them.

Special dud: Rodgers INT. Bad decision, bad throw, but I agree he was probably going to get it safely out of the end zone until the last hit on that play killed his throwing momentum. Still, that's out of character for him.

Special bonus: Watching Pete Carroll get blanked.

Bottom line: Both teams floundered on offense, but the Packers had Dillon. The passing game needs to get much sharper for next week, and especially for the Rams game.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stud: joe rogan, dillon, secondary, the snow gods, rod, cobb
duds: dropped passes

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, if only Dallas did not have the easiest schedule left of the teams competing with the packers for the #1 seed. This of course is my opinion. I do not expect anyone to believe me.
Saints, Chiefs, and Cards are easy? Their fans are looking at ours and going Rams and Ravens and ... um ...

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense, Dillon.

Duds: Lazard, Crosby injuries. Both injuries looked really serious, like season ending.
How was Lazard a dud? Those weren't drops, both of them were situations where the defense timed it perfectly and pretty much nobody else would have caught those either.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr Crosby REALLY needs to get his act together, otherwise great game.
Maybe they should quit ****ing around with his holder and snapper. Making FGs is a three man effort. The one today looked like a legit miss. The ones last week were on his holder.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers threw some great balls that had some drops. That INT was unlucky, tried to buy some time and throw it out of the endzone but pushed right as he threw it

I know you want to blame Lazard and call those "drops" but two of the ones he didn't catch were defended passes. The one across the middle he was shielded by the defender's body and he was trying to catch it blind.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

AJ Dilion, Amos, Gary and rest of the Defense

Duds Offense for the most part and Injuries.
We had 393 yards of offense, 5.6 ypp and 39+ minutes of possession. If not for a missed kick and an INT from Rodgers at the wrong time, we played well enough to have legitimately scored 27 points. Sometimes shiat happens, but I don't think it makes the overall offense a dud. A lot of the credit for the shutout actually goes to the offense.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they should quit ****ing around with his holder and snapper. Making FGs is a three man effort. The one today looked like a legit miss. The ones last week were on his holder.
This. It is like a high-end kitchen switching the sous chef and lead prep cook every week. The head chef can't be expected to have all dishes come out perfectly without stability in the kitchen

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This. It is like a high-end kitchen switching the sous chef and lead prep cook every week. The head chef can't be expected to have all dishes come out perfectly without stability in the kitchen
Nice analogy. And as it relates to missed kicks, it's hard to ever really know if the fault lies with the kicker or the holder. Kicking relies on muscle memory. The kicker expects and needs the ball to be placed on the correct spot. Even if the laces are straight, if the ball is placed an inch off in any direction, it can be enough to turn a close make into a miss. Usually when that's the case, fans never know about it and invariably blame the kicker. There's very little time to adjust if the placement isn't right. This was a close miss tonight. So in reality, we'll never know if the fault lies with Crosby or Bojorquez on that one. That's why I'm slow to judge kickers when they keep messing with the other guys on the kicking team.

Side note: Why the hell does the punter have to be the holder these days? If someone else can do it better they should do it. Hell, Steve Largent used to be the holder for the Seahawks. Jay Novacek was the holder for the Cowpies.

Members online

Latest posts