Official Studs and duds seahawks

Reaction score
Also Whitney's injury looks serious. That is unfortunate because he was starting to come around... :(
I’m not sure. He pointed to his elbow area and appeared he strained or pulled either his Biceps or Forearm grabbing Wilson. That’s a medium to lower grade injury compared with the list you normally see. If it’s not a serious tear, he’ll miss a few games tops.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record. Malik Taylor on the one KO return and he looked very good. Amari looked good on punt returns also.
I saw Amari being confused on punt returns - calling fair catch with no one within 20 yards, and then not calling fair catch and getting hit immediately.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers looked a bit under the weather, didn't he? Some of this throws were just "off", and the interception -- of course it was a bad mistake to throw that ball. Fortunately it didn't come back to to bite them. I'd say he wasn't much better than 80%.
His voice during the on-field postgame interview also sounded a bit under the weather.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Amari being confused on punt returns - calling fair catch with no one within 20 yards, and then not calling fair catch and getting hit immediately.
Do you have times for that? I didn't see any fair catch where the nearest guy was anywhere close to 20 yards from him and on the other play I think you're talking about he did get 2 or 3 yards before being tackled.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not many Studs as individuals. Amos was all over and Dillon running and catching. That catch he made was tough, it was really tough for a big guy going down to get that. Most stumble and get tackled if they make the catch at all and he looked pretty smooth and then run after, fun to watch.

Duds, Lazard had tough catches to make, but he has to make some of them.
I know Jones had some big plays and ended up getting hurt, but he's a semi dud for me. He left 40-60yds on the field by dropping well set up passes. but then he did some other things pretty well. Not going to make them all, but I expect most of the easy ones to be made and for the most part he does, just not last night.

Rodgers gets a semi dud from me too. Thought he played well overall. Had a couple passes just a little off and had some other pretty tough ones put in a perfect spot and dropped. that INT in the endzone gets it from me. He's smarter than that. The guy in his face made it hang up there i'm sure, but still.

Overall, the defensive unit gets a big stud for the shutout. Lots of guys just playing sound football and it makes the unit so much better than a couple of stars flying around with someone out of position giving up big plays. It's good to see that type of solid play your role defense back in GB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Dillon
, continues to prove everyone that thought some of us were lying about his catching abilities were wrong. Gonna need him big time with Jones hurt.
Honestly, the whole defensive unit deserves it. To the reserve OLBs having to see a ton of snaps due to more injuries, DBs having an excellent game - just SOLID game.

Duds
Crosby
of course
Jones - feel bad putting him here since injury but dude looked like he never caught a pass before today.

Rodgers - looked off, sounded off - did enough but dang if it just wasn't a good game for him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones - feel bad putting him here since injury but dude looked like he never caught a pass before today.
He did drop one or maybe two but that pass down the sidelines was terrible. Way behind him while he was running fast towards the end zone. And he was wide open and Rodgers had no pressure. I put that one on ARod. Jones pointed at himself only because he thinks he should catch everything.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did drop one or maybe two but that pass down the sidelines was terrible. Way behind him while he was running fast towards the end zone. And he was wide open and Rodgers had no pressure. I put that one on ARod. Jones pointed at himself only because he thinks he should catch everything.
I put two drops on him, even if that third one you described counts against him I also feel that is Rodgers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Overlooked duds: Nanz and Romo. Most of the game they sounded like they wanted to spit polish the Russell Wilson family jewels. Usually they are better than this.
Stud: Jenkins able to make a Lambeau Leap.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....forgot another massive Stud addition to Dillon. That man in his first lambeau leap freaking cleared the wall like it was only four foot tall! I couldn't believe it. We've seen WRs struggle to get up there...Dillon is just crazy atheltic.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that happen to the Seahawks punter. Bojorquez nailed one punt. Then on the next one out of our own endzone, he didn't kill it. The Seahawks returner called a fair catch around the 50 and nobody was around him. When he looked down and slammed the ball into his other hand in disgust, realizing that he could have returned that ball.

I didn't see Amari make that mistake but I might just not be remembering it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure. He pointed to his elbow area and appeared he strained or pulled either his Biceps or Forearm grabbing Wilson. That’s a medium to lower grade injury compared with the list you normally see. If it’s not a serious tear, he’ll miss a few games tops.
I hope you are right. We don't want to lose any more guys like this when the D is starting to play so well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Following up, I just read this so I guess these guys agree with you pacmaniac:

Amari Rodgers Returning Punts​

Again, this is a picky one. Rodgers fielded everything cleanly in this game, but he just seems to leave yards out on the field. On two occasions, it appeared the Packers had a promising return set up, but Rodgers loves to run horizontally instead of north and south and hasn’t shown the speed to turn the corner. Let’s try somebody else.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Following up, I just read this so I guess these guys agree with you pacmaniac:

Amari Rodgers Returning Punts​

Again, this is a picky one. Rodgers fielded everything cleanly in this game, but he just seems to leave yards out on the field. On two occasions, it appeared the Packers had a promising return set up, but Rodgers loves to run horizontally instead of north and south and hasn’t shown the speed to turn the corner. Let’s try somebody else.

I think he's thinking about north and south more. He'll break one eventually imo. And fielding everything cleanly is not nothing. I hope he can run forward and wave his arm at the same time for the short ones.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

DEFENSE-Becoming a regular in this column. This unit keeps losing playmakers and keeps stepping up, incredible.

Amos-He and Savage have become a formidable duo, and he may have played his best game of the year

Clark-A regular here as well, constantly disruptive

Dillon-He will be needed more than ever and I expect him to step up. That 50 yard catch and run was one of the most impressive plays I have ever seen

Dud

Lazard-Gotta haul in at least one of those.....

Deguara-Still a completely useless player who does zero things well

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of things I noticed,

1) Dillon ran better than his average of 3.1 ypc suggested, far better. He had 5-7 short yardage runs which pulled his numbers down. Including a couple or more where Seattle's defense completely sniffed out the play and stoned him in the backfield and at the LoS. I just watched his runs and there were atleast 4 where he was met by a defender in the backfield.

2) Seattle was not fooled at all by us spreading our offense out and rushing Dillon out of the gun. Hence why they stoned us on those plays and forced a couple of failed drives. Not sure why we didnt make appropriate adjustments after they did it the first time. Even so his ability to shrug off contact and drive forward for a couple of yards is exceptional. I'd also point out his ridiculous footwork and balance on that 50 catch and run.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that happen to the Seahawks punter. Bojorquez nailed one punt. Then on the next one out of our own endzone, he didn't kill it. The Seahawks returner called a fair catch around the 50 and nobody was around him. When he looked down and slammed the ball into his other hand in disgust, realizing that he could have returned that ball.

I didn't see Amari make that mistake but I might just not be remembering it.
Its easy to criticize return guys when they make decisions that to us seem like obvious mistakes but we rarely have the same view that they have and we don't know what happens in the seconds before the catch. Maybe they see a lane or think they see a lane that we can't see so they make a return that turns out badly. Maybe they lose the ball for a split second and call for a fair catch. maybe sweat gets in their eyes. There are a lot of things that can go wrong on any kick or punt that we may not know about that go into a players decision how to handle it. You look at 1 play and say why did he fair catch that there was no one with 10 yards but again we just don't know. Maybe the coaches told him to make a FC. I'm sure there are returns or FCs where the guy think afterwards "that was stupid" but obviously something made him make the decision that he did. If he muffs a kick because of pressure that he didn't see for one reason or another we would be all over him for that. I know critics know everything and when a player makes a "mistake" it always painfully obvious to us that he made a mistake except we rarely know what prompted him to make that decision.

If they are making those poor decisions on a regular basis then yes, its time to either relieve them of the duties or help them get it figured out but on an individual case by case basis its sometime difficult to know exactly what happened. Maybe if we knew all the facts it might not seem like such a bad decision after all.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

DEFENSE-Becoming a regular in this column. This unit keeps losing playmakers and keeps stepping up, incredible.

Amos-He and Savage have become a formidable duo, and he may have played his best game of the year

Clark-A regular here as well, constantly disruptive

Dillon-He will be needed more than ever and I expect him to step up. That 50 yard catch and run was one of the most impressive plays I have ever seen

Dud

Lazard-Gotta haul in at least one of those.....

Deguara-Still a completely useless player who does zero things well

Yeah that footwork makes me want to see his MC Hammer dance.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to Dillon, I'm going to say that a majority of those 21 carries came in short yardage situations. Something like 10 carries went for about -1 to 2 yards a piece or a combined 10 yards total from the LoS. A fair number of these were runs out of the gun which Seattle was playing heads up against all game long with their Defensive front playing run and their LBs waiting for the handoff to crash down on the line or bail out into coverage. Without removing his short yardage runs where he picked up 3 yards or more or his 2 tuddies he still put up about 5 YPC in all other carries.

Reaction score
I’m going to be a little tough on Amari. He just does not have that spark you want from a returner. He obviously doesn’t have the make up speed to turn the corner to compensate.
He seems to have good hands, but average at best “negotiating the return” ability. I’m not sure why they are so high on him returning the ball. Maybe he just needs more time idk

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm less than whelmed with Rodgers returning punts this far too. I expected a little more. Seems you can just see guys that have it. Even like Hyde when he did. he's not fast, he's not overly athletic, but he'd catch that ball and just get thru traffic. He had "it".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know who lined up across from DK the most? We shut that big **** down.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I just cannot help but think, Rodgers in the back of his mind really thinks it "could be" the last ride in Green Bay. The fact he got so emotional after one of his roughest games at Lambeau this year and the "misty" comment - part of me truly wonders say he leads us to a SB win. I could see him walking away, truly could.

Members online

Latest posts