Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just really upset about another loss and our year.
We should be better than this and we were with Capers.
The defense has improved significantly over last year... the problem currently is that our offense is only a little better than last years "O".

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add Crosby to the duds as well. Can’t depend on this guy...can only hold your breath and hopes he makes the damn kick. Shoulda been a tie. Old man Janikowski making fgs from 40 plus and Missin Crosby shanks his of course. Add kicker to the list of upgrades needed.
It's like the whole damn team just sucks this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has improved significantly over last year... the problem currently is that our offense is only a little better than last years "O".
That may be but we don't have the wins to back it up.
I mean, you and others can be happy with the D all you want to be but I'm not going to be until we get the wins to match it.
And that's all that matters. The wins.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were gassed. And McCarthy chose to put them back on the field as opposed to giving his offense a chance to get 2 yards.

What a joke.

Exactly what I said. They could’ve run the ball twice and maybe have gotten the 3 damn yards and let the defense rest by moving the chains. These guys who get paid to coach really don’t seem to know basic football especially McCarthy. I hate when ppl are convinced guys are great or even good coaches because they are on NFL staffs. That doesn’t mean anything. I’m not tootin my own horn...but I know coaches (including myself) who could outcoach McCarthy if given a chance. He’s not that great trust me. His record is inflated. If you really know and understand football you pick up on these things.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may be but we don't have the wins to back it up.
I mean, you and others can be happy with the D all you want to be but I'm not going to be until we get the wins to match it.
And that's all that matters. The wins.

I agree with that... we LOST so it doesn't matter, but outside of maybe a few half of games this year... The defense has not been the reason we've been losing games this year.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like the whole damn team just sucks this year.
I understand your frustration. I too am upset. This team has bitten itself in the *** so often this season. I still have faith that we can become one of the most potent offenses in the league, but I am just not sure that we will see it happening this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoaaaa....

Please tell me I mis read. Did you say we were better with Capers????
The team had more wins with him.
The last time we were this bad was last year when Rodgers was out.
The team makes changes and we are still lousy.
I don't know football and I don't know what the right moves really are.
All I know is what I see and I see that we were a winning team with Capers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The team had more wins with him.
The last time we were this bad was last year when Rodgers was out.
The team makes changes and we are still lousy.
I don't know football and I don't know what the right moves really are.
All I know is what I see and I see that we were a winning team with Capers.
Losing games doesn’t mean that everyone sucks. The defense is so vastly improved this year it isn’t even funny. The offense is what is holding this team back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your frustration. I too am upset. This team has bitten itself in the *** so often this season. I still have faith that we can become one of the most potent offenses in the league, but I am just not sure that we will see it happening this season.
If we can't beat a team that has a one game losing record more than us on the road, I don't expect us to be anywhere near the playoffs.
If we get in by some miracle then I will expect the same and that is to not go deep in them.
I would love to be proven wrong and pleasantly surprised on all the above.
It would be a real test of our defense since they say that is what wins championships.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My question is how the hell did we go into the final minutes of the game without a timeout?
Because we are a poorly coached team. I don't watch a ton of NFL games, but I rarely see Pro or college teams consistently have to burn timeouts on offense, because they ran out of time. THIS.....has to stop!

The defense isn't fully improving until they get rid of Joe Whitt. Yah yah....I know....for you Joe Whitt lovers, we have injuries and in past years bad draft picks, etc.....but come on man, how many excuses are going to made for a secondary that just always seems to have guys out of position, taking wrong angles, missing tackles, taking bad penalties etc. Fire Whitt NOW!

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

Checkdowns are holding us back?????3 yards checkdowns?

News flash...checkdowns exist for Alex Smith and other non-throwing QB s. People with talent at the position have real plays drawn up for them.

Apparently that's what this forum wants. To utilize the best qb on the planet to throw check downs like Alex Smith so that covers McCarthys 2009 offensive scheme and go 8-8 every year. Only aaron rodgers can play hero to make the offense look functional for 9 years even though the league has figured out how to defend it. 3 running back rotations, predictable play calling...You "fans" are criticizing the best qb green bay and the nfl will ever see. Everyone calling for rodgers head deserves to see what's out there after him. Can't wait to see the complaints when there's a ryan tannahill or brock osweiler under center in a few years.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because we are a poorly coached team. I don't watch a ton of NFL games, but I rarely see Pro or college teams consistently have to burn timeouts on offense, because they ran out of time. THIS.....has to stop!

The defense isn't fully improving until they get rid of Joe Whitt. Yah yah....I know....for you Joe Whitt lovers, we have injuries and in past years bad draft picks, etc.....but come on man, how many excuses are going to made for a secondary that just always seems to have guys out of position, taking wrong angles, missing tackles, taking bad penalties etc. Fire Whitt NOW!
I’ll give you an agree for the first paragraph.... I watched a different game than you on the second. Besides didn’t we already decide... you get a dud for this game ? lol

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still down on this defense. Improved without Capers? Yes, somewhat. But, rookies in coverage are constantly out of position and getting killer penalties. Apparently nobody has coached tackling technique. It drives me nuts to see players try to knock somebody off balance instead of wrapping up. Why does it take 3-4 guys to tackle a back? And where the hell was Daniels all night? I know he went out, but he was ineffective when he was in there. Mathews is nothing but a liability. These guys like to talk big before a game, but continue to fail to produce. Let's face it people, this is not a team capable of competing. Our reign is over for awhile. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, just a realist unfortunately.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can't beat a team that has a one game losing record more than us on the road, I don't expect us to be anywhere near the playoffs.
If we get in by some miracle then I will expect the same and that is to not go deep in them.
I would love to be proven wrong and pleasantly surprised on all the above.
It would be a real test of our defense since they say that is what wins championships.
I completely agree. Right now though, oddly enough, I do feel like we are a team that has to have its D make it happen. Mike Pettine has been wonderful. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to becoming a more run oriented offense. Really get a good sample of what AJ can do as a lead back while gathering more attention from the opponents defense. With the added benefit that we are getting some pressure of Arod.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently that's what this forum wants. To utilize the best qb on the planet to throw check downs like Alex Smith so that covers McCarthys 2009 offensive scheme and go 8-8 every year. Only aaron rodgers can play hero to make the offense look functional for 9 years even though the league has figured out how to defend it. 3 running back rotations, predictable play calling...You "fans" are criticizing the best qb green bay and the nfl will ever see. Everyone calling for rodgers head deserves to see what's out there after him. Can't wait to see the complaints when there's a ryan tannahill or brock osweiler under center in a few years.
This is such a misguided post it’s not even worth addressing the points.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, I think a good night's rest will hopefully make us feel better. I think a lot of us are emotional right now and understandably so. This game was ours for the taking and we blew it. We need to face reality now, that
A. Our division rivals have caught up to us, in just about all aspects. The days of straight up running with the division are gone now
B. We have been spoiled over the years of having Rodgers and it's uncommon to see us in this predicament with him.
Just because you are the best doesn't absolve you from taking criticism when it's well earned. I love Rodgers as much as the next guy, but my loyalty will always be to Green Bay first. There were plays to be made, but Rodgers either missed them, or disregarded them to go for the home run. It's not about being Alex Smith or some other mediocre qb, it's about taking what is given to you. You can't always go for the home run. Pick your spots. I've always defended Rodgers when I felt things weren't his fault, and I know good and well this team would be Buffalo without him. But with that being said I'm not blind enough to look away when he could've did things better. He'll be the first to tell you he needed to play better and that he missed open receivers. If our QB can criticize his game, why can't we?

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, I think a good night's rest will hopefully make us feel better. I think a lot of us are emotional right now and understandably so. This game was ours for the taking and we blew it. We need to face reality now, that
A. Our division rivals have caught up to us, in just about all aspects. The days of straight up running with the division are gone now
B. W

Just because you are the best doesn't absolve you from taking criticism when it's well earned. I love Rodgers as much as the next guy, but my loyalty will always be to Green Bay first. There were plays to be made, but Rodgers either missed them, or disregarded them to go for the home run. It's not about being Alex Smith or some other mediocre qb, it's about taking what is given to you. You can't always go for the home run. Pick your spots. I've always defended Rodgers when I felt things weren't his fault, and I know good and well this team would be Buffalo without him. But with that being said I'm not blind enough to look away when he could've did things better. He'll be the first to tell you he needed to play better and that he missed open receivers. If our QB can criticize his game, why can't we?
You took the words out of my mouth sir. Only remark I have is that imo our QB is not as reflective and objective on his own play as you find him to be. Especially not after failing to convert a third down.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’ll give you an agree for the first paragraph.... I watched a different game than you on the second. Besides didn’t we already decide... you get a dud for this game ? lol
Deservedly, I get a dud for "Nostradming" the Packers as 4-5-1 before the game was played. But turns out I was right :) :(

On Joe Whitt.....Admittedly, I started the game (recorded version) at 9:00 and watched it a bit in fast forwarded mode. However, the PI on Raven Green, classic mistake by a safety. Alexander may have actually intercepted that ball, but a poor decision by Green to just to run into the receiver and not let JA make the play. Jackson looks like he has regressed from when he started the season. Williams looks like a converted WR and doesn't look like he knows how to play safety. Yup, I'm still blaming Whitt. Where is this Herb Waters project I heard so much about? :whistling:

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B. W

I agree with you man, i think he's been playing frustrated and missing some throws that used to be automatic...I still blame his attitude on **** poor game planning by McCarthy and I feel like he's almost trying to show the world he's not going to cover for him on the field anymore.

Swhitset.. grow up bro. I get it we disagree. Believe me I think your points are just as moronic as you think mine are, i'm just not going to every reply you make and hitting that "disagree" button like you're doing to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have further bad news for you, I think 2 of our division rivals have passed us by and the probably the only thing that is keeping us from the third passing us in #12.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy shouldn’t even be allowed to finish the season and someone needs to get the diva that is Aaron Rodgers under control

This is why we need to hire an established NFL coach. Anyone else will be like Mike Sherman who's afraid of reining in his HOF QB.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deservedly, I get a dud for "Nostradming" the Packers as 4-5-1 before the game was played. But turns out I was right :) :(

On Joe Whitt.....Admittedly, I started the game (recorded version) at 9:00 and watched it a bit in fast forwarded mode. However, the PI on Raven Green, classic mistake by a safety. Alexander may have actually intercepted that ball, but a poor decision by Green to just to run into the receiver and not let JA make the play. Jackson looks like he has regressed from when he started the season. Williams looks like a converted WR and doesn't look like he knows how to play safety. Yup, I'm still blaming Whitt. Where is this Herb Waterst it project I heard so much about? :whistling:
I said the same thing about the Green play when it happened... Jackson has always been a risk taker and definitely needs to improve. but let’s look another way... Alexander was not only in position... but would most likely have made the play. Green is raw and has very little game experience, but has made some plays himself. These guys are young and need time. So far I am happy with the progression of the defense. I’m not happy with the offense. My biggest worry at this point is that replacing Mccarthy may mean losing Pettine.