Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, as others have pointed out, Pettine as stated several times including recently, that he has zero interest in being a head coach again.

Reaction score
Remember when Rodgers used to come up to the line grinning? What happened to that guy? I know he's frustrated, but he's angry all the time, his body language is terrible, he's not having any fun out there. Maybe he should take up yoga, you know, to keep himself tranquil.

I said something similar to this on another thread. I said remember when he used to do the belt gesture? When is the last time he did that? Anytime anyone messes up (in non game threatening moments) he loses it. Pouts on the sideline, belittles his receivers, etc. I'm over that man. I said in that post AR needs help and I dont mean just the players around him.

Reaction score
You think that because you're disoriented and confused, not the other way around. Nobody is even coming close to saying that. that's the extreme view extremists take. I guess on the other hand of the spectrum we have those that Think Rodgers is not playing his part in this and its everyone else that's failing him on Sundays.

It's been the mantra for years. Everyone fails Rodgers. Everyone. The coaches, the schemes, the receivers, the RB's the oline, the GM, everyone has failed him and kept him from winning a super bowl. Some now are merely pointing out, he's certainly playing his role in losing NOW. and he is. Don't fool yourself.

I won't, but I want to copy and paste this and use it against the Aaron "Jesus" Rodgers defenders. He is arguably the best to ever play, does that mean he isn't partly to blame? Of course not!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, as others have pointed out, Pettine as stated several times including recently, that he has zero interest in being a head coach again.
Yup he has...

My theory is that if Gutekunst and Murphy are going to fire end season, do it now. Some one has to fill in.. So take the ones on staff that could for 5 games..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup he has...

My theory is that if Gutekunst and Murphy are going to fire end season, do it now. Some one has to fill in.. So take the ones on staff that could for 5 games..

I think we could see that happen after the Viking game, if the Packers have a terrible game. So many people, probably Gute and Murphy included, are pointing to that 2010 season and saying "We may not be done yet". Sure, "it isn't over until its over", but at some point it appears it is over for MM in Green Bay. Will just be a matter of: Is the next HC on the current staff? I don't think so. Is the next head coach available today? I don't think so. So if neither are the case, do you go with an interim coach for the remainder of the season or just let MM go out in a blaze of glory?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you go with an interim coach for the remainder of the season or just let MM go out in a blaze of glory?
Is there an advantage in firing him now? The only thing I can think of is it puts every coach in the country on alert that the Packers are looking for a new coach. Might get a jump on the market that way. I'm inclined to say let him go out in a blaze of glory though.

By the way, if Pettine doesn't want it, Philbin could do interim head coaching duties.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is there an advantage in firing him now? The only thing I can think of is it puts every coach in the country on alert that the Packers are looking for a new coach. Might get a jump on the market that way. I'm inclined to say let him go out in a blaze of glory though.

By the way, if Pettine doesn't want it, Philbin could do interim head coaching duties.

I'm pretty sure any HC prospect, that would be interested in the Packer job, knows the situation in Green Bay, has his ears wide open and firing MM tomorrow, next week or at the end of the season won't change or magnify their interest anymore than it already is. I think firing a coach before his year up is probably more "disgraceful" to that particular coach and I doubt the Packer organization really wants to flip MM the middle finger as he leaves.

D

Deleted member 6794

Worst case scenario is McCarthy goes to Cleveland (or wherever), and takes Pettine with him.

I highly doubt Pettine is interested in returning to Cleveland after his stint there as head coach only lasted two seasons.

I've also wondered if a guy like Josh McDaniels (who I know many don't like, but hear me out) might not have the cache to get Rodgers to do more checking down. He can easily point to the offenses he's built in New England as proof to trust him AND, unlike MM, he has a well established history of using personnel in really innovative ways. Now, again, many aren't fans of McDaniels but if you really want to find a coach that has the gravitas to, perhaps, get Rodgers to be more open to the check down, then you're not going to find anyone better suited to that.

McDaniels is definitely a great coach but after what he pulled on the Colts this offseason no other team should be interested in hiring him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One game to late..
Personally, I don't think it would have mattered had they done it 5 games ago and the great Bill Belichick stepped in, the Packers talent level isn't on par with the top teams. While I hope a new coach helps and the Great #12 gets back on track, I think its going to take some successful drafts, smart resigns and free agent signings to get this team back to championship caliber.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts