Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's find the "had to many to drink emoji"....I fall squarely in that category tonight. As I said to swhitset, my apologies. Just frustrated at the game and another loss to the crappy Seahawks sqaud. One of my most hated nfl teams.
Yeah for me in order of most hated... Minnesota (i grew up in La Crosse) on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border then its a tie between the Bears and Seachickens.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lots of talking heads tweeting about McCarthy and this terrible game being the deal breaker for his HC career in green bay. I have to agree, this season has been full of heartbreakers and week by week my anger grows for that man. He takes my top spot for dud tonight.

Yup...some good posts here:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/mike-mccarthy-ripped-after-green-bay-packers-loss

lol except Rodgers was responsible for 4 of the 5 wins
Shhhhhhhh....I figured as upset as people are, nobody would notice! :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah for me in order of most hated... Minnesota (i grew up in La Crosse) on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border then its a tie between the Bears and Seachickens.
I was watching the game a few hours behind, so did some fast forwarding. So if missed the smug *** look on Pete Carrolls face after the SeaJerks Victory, I am thankful for that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the game a few hours behind, so did some fast forwarding. So if missed the smug *** look on Pete Carrolls face after the SeaJerks Victory, I am thankful for that.
The early game was more fun in that regard... Carrol was spewing all kinds of anger and whining lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The early game was more fun in that regard... Carrol was spewing all kinds of anger and whining lol.
I did see that after the illegal procedure calls. Meanwhile MM keeps his red flag in his pocket after a no catch? I swear both MM and AR are coaching and playing like they are leading a 14-2 team, do either of them realize the Packers are just an average team?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see that after the illegal procedure calls. Meanwhile MM keeps his red flag in his pocket after a no catch? I swear both MM and AR are coaching and playing like they are leading a 14-2 team, do either of them realize the Packers are just an average team?
I honestly don’t know what either one of them are doing.... Many are speculating that Rodgers is out of control and purposely tanking to get Mccarthy fired... who knows maybe he is.... I don’t think it’s quite that blatant, but he may have gotten to the point where he is like the gambler who would rather just keep betting the long shot because he’s sick of losing slowly. McCarthy on the other hand may have decided that he has lost Rodgers and therefore this team... and is simply riding out the year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know what either one of them are doing.... Many are speculating that Rodgers is out of control and purposely tanking to get Mccarthy fired... who knows maybe he is.... I don’t think it’s quite that blatant, but he may have gotten to the point where he is like the gambler who would rather just keep betting the long shot because he’s sick of losing slowly. McCarthy on the other hand may have decided that he has lost Rodgers and therefore this team... and is simply riding out the year.
Agreed, basically, its two guys high on testosterone and one of them has to leave the room, in this case, I say goodbye to MM. Guessing both are sitting on the plane right now, blaming the other for the loss.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the thing that sucks the most to me is that I really do think that we are looking at a regime change next year. This may be good in the long run, but I highly doubt a new head coach is going to field a Super bowl winning team in the first or even second year. That means no real reason to look forward to next season either.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's incredible is that if you really break down the mystifying decisions near the end down, they really served no purpose at all. Even if he wasn't certain on the Seattle non-catch, it was so late in the game that there was no harm to trying, it's not like we can take those challenges and put them in our pocket for next week. "It would waste a timeout?" We waste timeouts for every idiotic reason under the sun, and we wouldn't have lost it anyway.

And on the punt, there was almost no difference between failing on 4th, and punting. Either way if you give up 30 yards the game is going to be over. Even if you fail on 4th, if you give up a FG you're down 6 and Rodgers still has a chance for late heroics. No one wants to roll the dice on OT in Seattle anyway.

For a veteran coach of many years he has a confounding ability to analytically think on his feet.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said in his presser that the team needs "one galvanizing moment" to turn things around.
At this point, I'm thinking maybe that moment might be when they get a call by the refs to go their way.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the thing that sucks the most to me is that I really do think that we are looking at a regime change next year. This may be good in the long run, but I highly doubt a new head coach is going to field a Super bowl winning team in the first or even second year. That means no real reason to look forward to next season either.
I hope you're wrong. But there's another post here right now talking about how the current situation mimics the deterioration when Favre was here. Flailing around with a new coach hoping to get back to the potential that was once there would fit right in with that theory. Hopefully this has a happier ending, but it seems a long way off right now. It just seems that there are a lot of teams ahead of us on the curve at the present time.

People in the media keep talking about us as the third best team in our division. I never thought I would see that said about a Rodgers-led team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Jones and Jackson were both second Rd. picks
  • Alexander and King, first round picks
  • Breeland and Williams veterans that have the skills to play in a secondary, at CB or S.
I won't even add Randall, Dix, Rollins, Heyward, Hyde to this scrap heap, but the bottom line, to me, this secondary has been infused with plenty of players with talent and its coaching that isn't making them a talented group.
I'm not sure what you're expecting? Besides a bad PI call against a very young kid who panicked and made a mistake, what was so bad about this 2ndary? and King was NOT on the field AGAIN. not for a single snap. Breeland when out early. This secondary besides Tramon is nothing but a bunch of kids and they're doing alright and looking better than alright a lot of the time too.

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, I think a good night's rest will hopefully make us feel better. I think a lot of us are emotional right now and understandably so. This game was ours for the taking and we blew it. We need to face reality now, that
A. Our division rivals have caught up to us, in just about all aspects. The days of straight up running with the division are gone now
B. We have been spoiled over the years of having Rodgers and it's uncommon to see us in this predicament with him.

Just because you are the best doesn't absolve you from taking criticism when it's well earned. I love Rodgers as much as the next guy, but my loyalty will always be to Green Bay first. There were plays to be made, but Rodgers either missed them, or disregarded them to go for the home run. It's not about being Alex Smith or some other mediocre qb, it's about taking what is given to you. You can't always go for the home run. Pick your spots. I've always defended Rodgers when I felt things weren't his fault, and I know good and well this team would be Buffalo without him. But with that being said I'm not blind enough to look away when he could've did things better. He'll be the first to tell you he needed to play better and that he missed open receivers. If our QB can criticize his game, why can't we?
True, but the division rivals may have caught up and passed the team several years, ago i.e. Vikings winning 2 of the last 3 division titles. And now, the Bears look to be the powerhouse of the division!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This joker said in his postgame presser that, on the decision to punt on 4th and 2, we “played the numbers”.

No the hell you didn’t. No the hell you didn’t.

Here’s the numbers:

- The Seahawks are #1 in rushing this year
- You have one timeout
- There’s only 4ish minutes on the clock
- You have the best QB in football. We all know the numbers there
- You need 2 damn yards to extend the drive
- Even if you DON’T get the first down on 4th and 2, what were you expecting to get when you punted the ball? A 3 and out. So if you go for it on 4th and don’t get it, and your defense gets the 3 and out, at worst they kick the field goal and you’re only down 6 points.

I don’t know what numbers McCarthy was going by, but the numbers and the math were all WAY against his decision.

And then outside of the numbers, your defense was gassed and under manned.

Plainly inexcusable.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is he should have had well over 400 yards and should have easily won the game. He purposely ignores Aaron Jones who is arguably the most explosive player on the team
I truly think Rodgers is tanking the season in his own way because of this very point. He has always been a guy who punishes defenses by taking what they're giving and this year every pass seems to be go deep or go home. I think he's throwing some of these games because he wants a new coach.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This joker said in his postgame presser that, on the decision to punt on 4th and 2, we “played the numbers”.

No the hell you didn’t. No the hell you didn’t.

Here’s the numbers:

- The Seahawks are #1 in rushing this year
- You have one timeout
- There’s only 4ish minutes on the clock
- You have the best QB in football. We all know the numbers there
- You need 2 damn yards to extend the drive
- Even if you DON’T get the first down on 4th and 2, what were you expecting to get when you punted the ball? A 3 and out. So if you go for it on 4th and don’t get it, and your defense gets the 3 and out, at worst they kick the field goal and you’re only down 6 points.

I don’t know what numbers McCarthy was going by, but the numbers and the math were all WAY against his decision.

And then outside of the numbers, your defense was gassed and under manned.

Plainly inexcusable.
I felt they should have gone for it too. The defense was gassed, sure you believe in them, but you're down on the line some big guys, you're down in the defensive backfield. They didn't even sniff slowing them down on the ensuing drive. Before they kicked, I thought we should be going for it. I know they want to keep it a 3 point game, but at some point your offense needs to do it's part. I guess it doesn't matter. Offense or defense needed to do it's part when it counts.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may be but we don't have the wins to back it up.
I mean, you and others can be happy with the D all you want to be but I'm not going to be until we get the wins to match it.
And that's all that matters. The wins.

At least you admit you are deficient in the area of identifying the actual problem (offense and coaching) and you'd rather just throw everyone under the bus whether they are the problem or not.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said in his presser that the team needs "one galvanizing moment" to turn things around.
At this point, I'm thinking maybe that moment might be when they get a call by the refs to go their way.
I’m thinking it’s going to be when a certain someone is fired.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, 7 pages overnight!!!! I just couldn't stomach posting after the game.

Studs:
Adams (Duh)
Tonyan - Unfortunate Jimmy went out but this is the reason why I said he wasn't getting cut. He never gave up on the play and worked his way over so Rodgers could give him a shot.
Fackrell - It is nothing short of AMAZING what a scheme change has done for him. TT is probably chatting up every schmuck at the water cooler and coffee pot.
Defense - The D at "full strength" for the game did a great job of containing Seattle all night. But once Breeland, Clark, and Daniels exited, things started to unwind. Pettine is coaching his *** off
Jones - What he didn't do in the run game, he did in the passing game.

Duds:
MM (Duh) -I know Murphy won't but I'd fire him this week after failing to challenge and the punt.
Zook (Duh) - Fire him too.
WRs not named Adams - This isn't the Legion of Boom anymore, but everyone else was invisible last night. Cobb being gone was huge. He may be slow, but he would have known what to do when the pocket collapsed.
O Line - WAY too many pressures and sacks.

I'd say with this loss, and probably a loss to Minnesota, we should be firmly drafting below 19th. I'd say probably 15th if we can't win any road games; well we should beat the Jets but that Chicago game is up in the air.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fun stat for MM fans...the Seattle game was the 15th game since 2015 that the Packers entered the final 5 minutes of regulation with less than 2 timeouts (leads the league)! Now THAT'S the sign of a well coached team!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Frack - leading the Packers in sacks?!?! Other than his mom, did anyone else think that was possible?
Aaron Jones - wowzers. If MM would feature him a little better, he would be quite a force.
Devante Adams- you sir are a man's man. Also one of the nicest, humblest people you can meet.

Duds
MM - 4TH and 2 was a bad decision. Bad p l.j ay calling. Reign in AR

Rodgers - not sure what is going on, but crap you are missing a lot of opportunities. We could have dominated the Seahawks - blown them out. Extend 2 or 3 drives and score, takes away 1 or 2 of their scores. Giving our defense a rest may prevent another score.

Refs - I thought there should have been a few PI calls made on them.

Pete Carrol - teaching your players how to get away with penalties is just wrong. I never like him. And the frickin gum chewing makes you look like an idiot.

Members online

Latest posts