Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have further bad news for you, I think 2 of our division rivals have passed us by and the probably the only thing that is keeping us from the third passing us in #12.
The jury is still out on Chicago. To me they are too new and unproven. Minnesota while they are formidable, they are highly overrated. We can still beat them thanks to having the superior QB, but changes need to be made. I'm pissed Oakland traded Mack to Chicago than to GB. Chicago getting him was huge.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you man, i think he's been playing frustrated and missing some throws that used to be automatic...I still blame his attitude on **** poor game planning by McCarthy and I feel like he's almost trying to show the world he's not going to cover for him on the field anymore.

Swhitset.. grow up bro. I get it we disagree. Believe me I think your points are just as moronic as you think mine are, i'm just not going to every reply you make and hitting that "disagree" button like you're doing to me.
be my guest... I’ll put my posting record against yours anytime.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you man, i think he's been playing frustrated and missing some throws that used to be automatic...I still blame his attitude on **** poor game planning by McCarthy and I feel like he's almost trying to show the world he's not going to cover for him on the field anymore.

Swhitset.. grow up bro. I get it we disagree. Believe me I think your points are just as moronic as you think mine are, i'm just not going to every reply you make and hitting that "disagree" button like you're doing to me.

Incidentally... I didn’t disagree with this post... because it actually made some sense.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incidentally... I didn’t disagree with this post... because it actually made some sense.
Lol ok you put your 3 years on this forum against my 2 weeks? Then we can compare imgur likes on comments.. finally let's throw instagram likes? Oh wait, that's right it proves nothing.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why we need to hire an established NFL coach. Anyone else will be like Mike Sherman who's afraid of reining in his HOF QB.

I think a defense-oriented coach like Harbaugh would just defer to Rodgers. Plus he'd fire Pettine and bring his own DC. I think Pettine deserves to continue with the Packers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol ok you put your 3 years on this forum against my 2 weeks? Then we can compare imgur likes on comments.. finally let's throw instagram likes? Oh wait, that's right it proves nothing.
How about just the last hour lol... It’s not about likes or dislikes... it’s about Not posting nonsense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I said the same thing about the Green play when it happened... Jackson has always been a risk taker and definitely needs to improve. but let’s look another way... Alexander was not only in position... but would most likely have made the play. Green is raw and has very little game experience, but has made some plays himself. These guys are young and need time. So far I am happy with the progression of the defense. I’m not happy with the offense. My biggest worry at this point is that replacing Mccarthy may mean losing Pettine.
This seems to be the running excuse for Whitt, "this guy or that guy is inexperienced", but these guys were probably the best players on their college team, unless of course they were a WR. ;), so I am not buying into the "inexperience" thing too much. With all the draft resources thrown at the secondary I expect a lot more. I also expect even an UDFA that has made the 53 not to make stupid mistakes whether its hitting a guy out of bounds, missing a tackle or crashing into your own teammate (something we have seen a few times this year).

I do agree with you, if you cut the head (MM) off the snake, do you loose the tail (Pettine). I would hope that the new Head Coach of the Packers will recognize that Pettine knows what he is doing and retain him....but ....*COUGH COUGH*....Fire Whitt. Hey....was I wrong about Janis?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
STUD: I stand corrected on Trevor Davis. He actually looked good out there on returns and special teams.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This seems to be the running excuse for Whitt, "this guy or that guy is inexperienced", but these guys were probably the best players on their college team, unless of course they were a WR. ;) With all the draft resources thrown at the secondary I expect a lot more. I also expect even UDFA that has made the 53 not to make stupid mistakes whether its hitting a guy out of bounds, missing a tackle or crashing into your own teammate (something we have seen a few times this year).

I do agree with you, if you cut the head (MM) off the snake, do you loose the tail (Pettine). I would hope that the new Head Coach of the Packers will recognize that Pettine knows what he is doing and retain him....but ....*COUGH COUGH*....Fire Whitt. Hey....was I wrong about Janis?
Lol... Frankly I have no idea whether Whitt needs replacing or not. I just think it’s funny that you are drilling down this deep into the defense so quickly.... you may end up being right. I’m hoping not simply because I want the defense to continue to improve and that means I want to believe they are on the right course.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can't find a "how is this relevant emoji" but I will at least give you this one for that post....... :oops:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lol... Frankly I have no idea whether Whitt needs replacing or not. I just think it’s funny that you are drilling down this deep into the defense so quickly.... you may end up being right. I’m hoping not simply because I want the defense to continue to improve and that means I want to believe they are on the right course.
I actually think that Pettine has improved many phases of the defense, but the secondary still seems stuck, especially if you factor in how much of our draft resources have been put into it. Imagine if the Packers had spent the kind of draft capital that they have spent on the secondary in the last 5 years on the DL or Linebackers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think that Pettine has improved many phases of the defense, but the secondary still seems stuck, especially if you factor in how much of our draft resources have been put into it. Imagine if the Packers had spent the kind of draft capital that they have spent on the secondary in the last 5 years on the DL or Linebackers.
Perhaps, but I definitely see an improvement there as well. I recall early in the game where Wilson was sacked and Aikman was calling it a coverage sack... I remember thinking when was the last time I heard that regarding the Packers’ defense?

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well considering our DB's now consist of Jones (2nd year), Alexander and Jackson (drafted rookies), Willliams (now a rookie safety instead of veteran CB), Breeland (now a rookie safety instead of veteran CB), Tony Brown and Raven Greene (UDFA rookies)... Kevin King and Kentrell "Own team wrecking ball" Brice out due to injuries... We actually are doing decently considering how young were currently are in the defensive backfield.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well considering our DB's now consist of Jones (2nd year), Alexander and Jackson (drafted rookies), Willliams (now a rookie safety instead of veteran CB), Breeland (now a rookie safety instead of veteran CB), Tony Brown and Raven Greene (UDFA rookies)... Kevin King and Kentrell "Own team wrecking ball" Brice out due to injuries... We actually are doing decently considering how young were currently are in the defensive backfield.
  • Jones and Jackson were both second Rd. picks
  • Alexander and King, first round picks
  • Breeland and Williams veterans that have the skills to play in a secondary, at CB or S.
I won't even add Randall, Dix, Rollins, Heyward, Hyde to this scrap heap, but the bottom line, to me, this secondary has been infused with plenty of players with talent and its coaching that isn't making them a talented group.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Breeland and Williams veterans that have the skills to play in a secondary, at CB or S.
I won't even add Randall, Dix, Rollins, Heyward, Hyde to this scrap heap, but the bottom line, to me, this secondary has been infused with plenty of players with talent and its coaching that isn't making them a talented group.
King was actually 2nd round pick... The Pack traded away the first round pick last year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And SO FAR.... I’m not convinced that they aren’t becoming a talented group.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And SO FAR.... I’m not convinced that they aren’t becoming a talented group.
Give them a pass rush and they will be legit? ;)

King was actually 2nd round pick... The Pack traded away the first round pick last year.

My bad, forgot we decided not to draft TJ Watt and traded back to grab King. ;)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give them a pass rush and they will be legit? ;)

My bad, forgot we decided not to draft TJ Watt and traded back to grab King. ;)
yeah... i’m still sad about that.... even worse it’s beginning to look like King (while talented) is made of glass.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
DUDS: All those who blamed last season solely on Brent Hundley.......He at least had us at 5-5 at this point in the season! :laugh:

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of talking heads tweeting about McCarthy and this terrible game being the deal breaker for his HC career in green bay. I have to agree, this season has been full of heartbreakers and week by week my anger grows for that man. He takes my top spot for dud tonight.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't find a "how is this relevant emoji" but I will at least give you this one for that post....... :oops:

Let's find the "had to many to drink emoji"....I fall squarely in that category tonight. As I said to swhitset, my apologies. Just frustrated at the game and another loss to the crappy Seahawks sqaud. One of my most hated nfl teams.

Staff online

Latest posts