Official Steelers thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think this statement says it best:

“Haskins has a family, and they’re hurting,” says Wilcox. “You’re pointing out a flaw in someone instead of embracing the fact that someone has just lost their life. There’s a level of insensitivity."

Sure, there is often a life lesson to be learned after a tragedy, but lets find out all the facts, let the family grieve and show some sensitivity.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The best thing is just to AVOID scenarios/situations like that. It's not hard or rocket science....
Tell me about what to avoid. Saying it isn't "hard or rocket science" is basically saying "Haskins is dumb" and that is why he is dead. Do you know exactly what happened and that the situation was unavoidable?

Really shocked at how insensitive a few of you are. Oh well.

Peace

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me about what to avoid. Saying it isn't "hard or rocket science" is basically saying "Haskins is dumb" and that is why he is dead. Do you know exactly what happened and that the situation was unavoidable?

Really shocked at how insensitive a few of you are. Oh well.

Peace

Did you READ my other post?

I straight up said that I don't know Dwaynes entire situation or scenario and I wanted to avoid saying anything ignorant or disrespectful....

Go back and read....

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to Thank you & Poppa. I mean if you guys wouldn't have posted (like a minute after the guy's death) that bad things can happen when walking in the dark on an interstate I doubt any of us would have known that.
Ok cool glad you are aware of that now.

I can't even tell that your post is sarcastic don't worry

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did you READ my other post?

I straight up said that I don't know Dwaynes entire situation or scenario and I wanted to avoid saying anything ignorant or disrespectful....

Go back and read....
I did and my post still stands.

Reminds me of a guy I know that always says "Not to sound like a racist but......"

Just because someone says they aren't insensitive, doesn't give them carte blanche power to be insensitive when they choose to be.

Reaction score
What state allows people to walk the freeway whether their vehicle is disabled or not? And why did you need to bring race into it?
Yeah that was a little strange. I didn’t catch that at first it was very subtle.

The only thing that made sense is he was there training with Trubisky and others. If he was thinking the training facility is across the street and hardly any traffic early Saturday morning to save time getting to a facility. Not saying it would be wise, just trying to justify or understand the placement crossing an Interstate freeway in the dark is all.

It’s just such a freak thing and hopefully we can avoid these type tragedies in the future. At least learn from it, not so much being critical but more in the name of safety.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ok

Fyi we can close this thread now

May Dwayne RIP

Sorry if we made you uncomfortable, but I don't see the reason to ask the mods to close the thread. The discussion of the Steelers and for that matter, Dwayne Haskins isn't done for many of us.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Heart breaking 911 calls. Sounds like Dwayne had run out of gas and was walking to find some.

Reaction score
Heart breaking 911 calls. Sounds like Dwayne had run out of gas and was walking to find some.

Craziness. We need to do a better job educating people faced with high risk situations like this. This is partly a failure of our local DMV and DOT in conjunction with our education system. There needs to be training for high risk situations. E.g. riding and passing near trucks, breaking down on highways, approaching train crossings. These are unforgiving for the 1% that make a bad choice.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How does a college graduate [or at least someone with several years towards one] run out of gas? Unless someone siphoned his tank. It's not like a 24 hour station is hard to find.
Probably the same way that a highly renowned professor that I know drove his station wagon into his garage (literally) with 2 bikes strapped to the top of the vehicles roof. Pretty much mangled the bikes and the front of the garage. Oh and he didn't do that just once, but twice.

Even college educated people do stupid and forgetful things.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does a college graduate [or at least someone with several years towards one] run out of gas? Unless someone siphoned his tank. It's not like a 24 hour station is hard to find.
My nomination for stupidest post of the week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of figured something had to be up like that. Didn't make much sense otherwise. Still doesn't, but it explains some of it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He was drunk at time he was hit

0.20% at the time of his autopsy,
Really miss the old "ratings" we used to have. I wanted to give this an "informative", much like many posts people make.

Any word from @Shaggy on returning those ratings to us, he said that he would.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like basically anyone that had contact with Haskins or Haskins might have looked at in a 12 hour period is on the lawsuit including the highway sign contractor.

Members online

Latest posts