Official Rodgers Injury Thread

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a WAY out of the box idea? We have 3 QBs still on the roster, I just don't know how close to healthy one of them is. Here's my thought, IF he's healthy what about Cobb (Former SEC QB) running things until Rodgers gets back. He'd at least be a slight upgrade from Wallace. I know I know big IF, and I've lost count of the weeks, but if he's healthy it's always an option.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My brother said the Doctors are giving Aaron a second round of tests so he can cash in on his "Discount Daaaaaable Check."

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd start Favre next week cold off the street before I'd start Seneca Wallace. Even at his age I'm willing to bet Favre can throw harder and more accurately.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For that matter, I'd get Troy Aikman out of the booth and on the field before I'd start Wallace. I guess Aikman has had too many concussions, though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
TT was considered a master when it comes to building a quality team with depth, but got caught with his pants down and securely tied to his ankles with this one......here's to turf in your eyes TT for not seeing this coming and having quality depth at QB.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda surprised that Don Barclay isn't even being mentioned. Technically, he gets the blame for the injury. It was his man who got Rodgers, no way around that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kinda surprised that Don Barclay isn't even being mentioned. Technically, he gets the blame for the injury. It was his man who got Rodgers, no way around that.

No sense blaming Barclay, it happened. The blame should be on the whole offensive line when it comes to protection this year. Wallace never was afforded even half the amount of time that Josh McCown had with two rookies protecting him, which also says something about our pass rush. Rodgers is a master at reading the defense and giving himself that added few seconds needed to find a receiver. Last night we looked like the Minnesota Vikings, poor QB, no pass protection or passing game. Only bright spot was Lacy......but as the Queens know......you can't win with just a good run game. Packers are going to see a lot of 8 man fronts from here on out.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
IT'S ALL STATE FARMS FAULT!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It's even a Bears fan and his left shoulder! The irony!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT was considered a master when it comes to building a quality team with depth, but got caught with his pants down and securely tied to his ankles with this one......here's to turf in your eyes TT for not seeing this coming and having quality depth at QB.
There are tons of things that we don't know that happen inside the Packers offices that never get to us.
Yes, this decision doesn't make any sense. To cut Vince Young and to leave the team without a back up QB who hasn't had one snap in any games, especially pre-season.
Ted is only human and he makes mistakes just like all of us.
So I'm willing to give him, and any other Packers staff a break, until we would get more information for the reasoning behind certain decisions.
Besides, it's a waste of time and energy doing any finger pointing. It is what it is and we should get behind our team and cheer them on no matter what.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd start Favre next week cold off the street before I'd start Seneca Wallace. Even at his age I'm willing to bet Favre can throw harder and more accurately.
OK, your crazy.

I'm sure that number 4's name isn't even being thought about in the Packers offices.
They are over and done with him.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We're still not blaming the QB for not throwing the ball away. We gave up 5 sacks AND Rodgers injury because of this. NO lineman can hold a block past maybe 4 banana. (Almost said Mississippi)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There are tons of things that we don't know that happen inside the Packers offices that never get to us.
Yes, this decision doesn't make any sense. To cut Vince Young and to leave the team without a back up QB who hasn't had one snap in any games, especially pre-season.
Ted is only human and he makes mistakes just like all of us.
So I'm willing to give him, and any other Packers staff a break, until we would get more information for the reasoning behind certain decisions.
Besides, it's a waste of time and energy doing any finger pointing. It is what it is and we should get behind our team and cheer them on no matter what.

My 12 year old girl saw this coming back in September when we opened the season. She had one simple question "Dad, what happens if Rodgers gets hurt?" If a 12 year old was thinking about it (along with most Packer fans), don't you think it was on TT's radar too? This isn't a human mistake or oversight......plain and simple.....BAD planning. It's like getting into a car, heading out on a long trip, throwing the spare tire out the window and putting a piece of tape over the gas gauge......you just don't do it. If pointing fingers, prevents the same mistake from happening again......then I am going to point mine right at TT.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 12 year old girl saw this coming back in September when we opened the season. She had one simple question "Dad, what happens if Rodgers gets hurt?" If a 12 year old was thinking about it (along with most Packer fans), don't you think it was on TT's radar too? This isn't a human mistake or oversight......plain and simple.....BAD planning. It's like getting into a car, heading out on a long trip, throwing the spare tire out the window and putting a piece of tape over the gas gauge......you just don't do it. If pointing fingers, prevents the same mistake from happening again......then I am going to point mine right at TT.
OK fine, whatever.
We can agree to disagree.
As for myself, I hold no grudges.
I just hope that it's really good news for us regarding Aaron and Wallace can be a competent back up if needed, which I hope isn't.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I fully understand the difference between a knee cap and a collarbone, yet I have an understanding of Rodgers' injury.

In August of 2012 I fell and suffered a hairline fracture to my left kneecap. My left knee swelled to the size of large grapefruit, but the fracture did not go all the way through my kneecap. Fluid had to be drained from my knee and the knee immobilized. The recovery was really more for soft tissue injury than the fracture itself.

From the reports on Rodgers, the case may be similar. If so, the surrounding muscle and tissue may be the larger concern. Recovery time may well depend upon the extent of the damage done to the surrounding area. Let us all hope for the best and try to support the team as they rally behind the players and coaches that are working to face their next opponents.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK fine, whatever.
We can agree to disagree.
As for myself, I hold no grudges.
I just hope that it's really good news for us regarding Aaron and Wallace can be a competent back up if needed, which I hope isn't.

I agree that we disagree :rolleyes: It isn't about holding grudges at all, I sill love TT and what he has done with the Packers. But this was one big train wreck just waiting to happen and TT was the conductor driving a train with one good engine. I hope I am wrong and that Seneca or whoever steps in there can lead the Pack......but TT better come away from this knowing he needs a better contingency plan in the future, Aaron isn't getting any younger! Toot toot....Go Pack Go!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The worst thing about Rodgers' injury is that, obviously, he won't be able to play for a while.

The 2nd worst thing? All the Packer "fan" trolls show up on this board with a vengeance spewing their pent-up hatred at TT. I find it funny that while the Packers are winning (which is most of the time) these trolls truly are troll-like in that they disappear into whatever place they hide. But, when that loss happens... LOOK OUT! :alien:

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, your crazy.

I'm sure that number 4's name isn't even being thought about in the Packers offices.
They are over and done with him.

Oh, I'm not suggest the Packers brass would consider it. I know they wouldn't. I wouldn't either, since there are better options out there. I'm just saying I think it's a least 50/50 that Favre could throw better -- even at his age -- than Seneca Wallace. Based on last night I think Bart Starr might still be able to throw better than Seneca Wallace.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...But this was one big train wreck just waiting to happen and TT was the conductor driving a train with one good engine.

It's all about taking chances and pushing the limits. Obviously, Ted chose to take one with having only one real QB option and put his budget and draft picks into other areas of need. But, he did have good depth at RB, at LT, at TE, at WR, and LB, at CB... and, as a result of all the injuries to all these areas this year, we have all been singing praise on the Packer's organization. But, all along, we knew of the one big weakness-- depth at QB.

You can't have it all. That's what makes the NFL so interesting. It's all about taking chances and lady luck, at times.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm one of them, and at times I PRAY for Tom Braatz to come back, right now this QB situation is one of them!
For the younger fans who may not remember, Tom Braatz was the defacto GM from 1987 to 1991. The Packers finished 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th and 4th in the division during his tenure. They played in exactly zero playoff games and won almost 37% of their games.
Here is a WAY out of the box idea? We have 3 QBs still on the roster, I just don't know how close to healthy one of them is. Here's my thought, IF he's healthy what about Cobb (Former SEC QB) running things until Rodgers gets back. He'd at least be a slight upgrade from Wallace. I know I know big IF, and I've lost count of the weeks, but if he's healthy it's always an option.
Cobb was placed on the relatively new injured reserve/designated for return list and won’t be available until the December 15th game. I would think a serious Packers fan would know that. But then you apparently didn’t know the Packers played a playoff game in January of this year and you are pining for the return of Tom Braatz, so…

Members online

Latest posts