Official Rodgers Injury Thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The worst thing about Rodgers' injury is that, obviously, he won't be able to play for a while.

The 2nd worst thing? All the Packer "fan" trolls show up on this board with a vengeance spewing their pent-up hatred at TT. I find it funny that while the Packers are winning (which is most of the time) these trolls truly are troll-like in that they disappear into whatever place they hide. But, when that loss happens... LOOK OUT! :alien:

Not to sure if you are calling me a "Packer Fan Troll", but I am not. I love TT, however, I'm not sticking my head in the sand and say "shi% happens" and "TT made a little mistake, deal with it". This is about looking at a situation and hoping to learn from it. If the Packers were capped out, I would agree with you that TT did his best, but Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien? When you still have how much cap space? We were staring at this issue last year with Harrell and Coleman at back-up. TT rolled the dice one too many times and finally crapped out, learn from it and don't ever do it again.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing about Rodgers' injury is that, obviously, he won't be able to play for a while.

The 2nd worst thing? All the Packer "fan" trolls show up on this board with a vengeance spewing their pent-up hatred at TT. I find it funny that while the Packers are winning (which is most of the time) these trolls truly are troll-like in that they disappear into whatever place they hide. But, when that loss happens... LOOK OUT! :alien:
That and what I find interesting is how every post I've seen for Air-Run when he had to step in for BrINT in the Dallas game has always been positive. Yet the Packers lost.
It's always tough for a back up to go in there cold to pick up where the superstar left off.

I'm willing to give TT, MM, ZZ, CC, JJ, LL and any other double initials that are with the Pack a break and to give Senneca Wallace a chance.

To add: Then again, there were all those Favre ball lickers that were quick to denounce Rodgers and were calling for their overrated boy to return when he left.
Are all football fans this fickle or just certain Packers ones?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who are blaming Thompson for this, how many other teams have a back up QB that could have done a better job? I don't think Seneca is any good, however, there are teams with similar QB's as their starters.

I think our real issue here is our lack of pass protection and lack of pass rush. If we could protect our either of our QB's and harrass theirs, then we win this game. Also, if we could have stopped the bears on that fourth and inches, again, our chances of winning go up. Losing Aaron loses the game for us, however, I still saw a crappy defensive performance as well.

It will be interesting to see who plays. We've never really had this QB issue since 1992.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all about taking chances and pushing the limits. Obviously, Ted chose to take one with having only one real QB option and put his budget and draft picks into other areas of need. But, he did have good depth at RB, at LT, at TE, at WR, and LB, at CB... and, as a result of all the injuries to all these areas this year, we have all been singing praise on the Packer's organization. But, all along, we knew of the one big weakness-- depth at QB.

You can't have it all. That's what makes the NFL so interesting. It's all about taking chances and lady luck, at times.
This is a rare post though this problem that makes a lot of sense.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That and what I find interesting is how every post I've seen for Air-Run when he had to step in for BrINT in the Dallas game has always been positive. Yet the Packers lost.
It's always tough for a back up to go in there cold to pick up where the superstar left off.
Did you watch that game? I still have it on tape...yes VHS tape. Favre sucked, and the only reason that we had a chance was because Rodgers came in and energized the team and orchestrated a comeback that fell short. Yes we lost, but that has next to nothing to do with Rodgers.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the younger fans who may not remember, Tom Braatz was the defacto GM from 1987 to 1991. The Packers finished 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th and 4th in the division during his tenure. They played in exactly zero playoff games and won almost 37% of their games. Cobb was placed on the relatively new injured reserve/designated for return list and won’t be available until the December 15th game. I would think a serious Packers fan would know that. But then you apparently didn’t know the Packers played a playoff game in January of this year and you are pining for the return of Tom Braatz, so…

Did Braatz sign Senecca Wallace off the street during his tenure to be his primary back? No? OK goodbye on that topic!

Cobb, I was posing a question based on knowledge I admittedly (In my earlier post) didn't have! And it STILL is a better idea than Senecca Wallace! Goodbye on that topic too!

And yes we won A playoff game this year, but we beat Christian Steele and the Vikings! Then the following week against a quality and again Superbowl team (A probably we've had since winning in 2010) we got lost, and it wasn't even a close game after the 1st quarter! Are we done here yet? Good!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thomason isn't the problem, still wish they hadn't cut Young. But Wallace's passes truth be told weren't all that bad, the problem is as Packer fans we have extremely high expectations of how a QB should do in any game we've really been spoiled these past 20 years with one soon to be hall of famer and one that might be a hall of famer. McCarthys conservative play calling at times is a problem, but since Wallace hasn't taken a snap all season it was justified despite giving us headachs

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch that game? I still have it on tape...yes VHS tape. Favre sucked, and the only reason that we had a chance was because Rodgers came in and energized the team and orchestrated a comeback that fell short. Yes we lost, but that has next to nothing to do with Rodgers.

Guapo you forgot half of what made the team successful that night. Going into the game we had been running a 0 RB 5 wide set. Mc went away from that for Dallas, but lo and behold once Rodgers comes in, we're back to 0 RB 5 wide! I've always thought Mac set Favre up to fail in that one game only

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we disagree :rolleyes: It isn't about holding grudges at all, I sill love TT and what he has done with the Packers. But this was one big train wreck just waiting to happen and TT was the conductor driving a train with one good engine. I hope I am wrong and that Seneca or whoever steps in there can lead the Pack......but TT better come away from this knowing he needs a better contingency plan in the future, Aaron isn't getting any younger! Toot toot....Go Pack Go!
I totally agree....TT has done a great job of finding guys out there to fit in and backup other players, but with one glaring omission......the obvious one......quaterback......and it came back to bite him really really hard.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another difference were the teams we played.
One was just a sorta rivalry while the other has a long history.
I wonder if that has anything to do with the criticism as well.

Special teams and the run almost won it for us but those things got overlooked because the QB injury overshadows that.
If Wallace can do better or throw, I think that has yet to be seen.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To add to the above.....does anyone realize we still need help on the O line and in our "can't cover anyone" secondary. A backup QB shredded us through the air last night and we won't fair any better next week if the guy in Philly has the type of game he had last week. If Wallace has a good week of practice and can "manage" the game similar to what Smith does in KC, we will have a chance. But if our D plays like they played last night (I know they were tired) we are in trouble no matter who plays QB........period.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Not to sure if you are calling me a "Packer Fan Troll", but I am not. I love TT, however, I'm not sticking my head in the sand and say "shi% happens" and "TT made a little mistake, deal with it". This is about looking at a situation and hoping to learn from it. If the Packers were capped out, I would agree with you that TT did his best, but Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien? When you still have how much cap space? We were staring at this issue last year with Harrell and Coleman at back-up. TT rolled the dice one too many times and finally crapped out, learn from it and don't ever do it again.

I am referring to the posters who suddenly show up and complain about TT the moment something goes wrong. But, these posters disappear when victories happen. So, if that describes you, then yes. Have you been posting during these past weeks when the Packers have been doing well? Or, have you been waiting silently?

Anyhow, I certainly was not impressed by Wallace either. But, looks like we will see him again next week. Maybe the guy needs more reps to get it done? Remember Rodgers first game with Boykin? They were horrid. But, a week later after the two worked on timing, Boykin had a great game.

And, it would have been nice for Wallace to not be running for his life all game. Once Lang went out, the dam broke it seemed. Maybe we should be complaining about Ted not having more depth at OL?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thomason isn't the problem, still wish they hadn't cut Young. But Wallace's passes truth be told weren't all that bad, the problem is as Packer fans we have extremely high expectations of how a QB should do in any game we've really been spoiled these past 20 years with one soon to be hall of famer and one that might be a hall of famer. McCarthys conservative play calling at times is a problem, but since Wallace hasn't taken a snap all season it was justified despite giving us headachs
Spot on.
We have spoiled ourselves to the point of expecting unrealistic perfection when the situation changes.
One cannot expect a back up to come in cold and be an instant Manning, Brees, Brady or Rodgers.

Wallace did have a pass intercepted (Only turnover of the whole game.) and at least one maybe two batted down.
The completions were good enough to see where this goes. He has time to prepare in practice to get used to running the offense. We have professional coaches working with him and if Air-Run is there giving advice then Wallace is getting it from the best QB.
And we have the rest of a really good team. Special teams stepped up big and the running is the best it's been for GB in a looooong time.
Defense is still top notch. Sure, they fell apart. But now the news will sink in and they should be up to the challenge to play even tougher and be ready.
So don't despair. We still have one of the best teams in the NFL and we are tied for first instead of being dead last.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am referring to the posters who suddenly show up and complain about TT the moment something goes wrong. But, these posters disappear when victories happen. So, if that describes you, then yes. Have you been posting during these past weeks when the Packers have been doing well? Or, have you been waiting silently?

Anyhow, I certainly was not impressed by Wallace either. But, looks like we will see him again next week. Maybe the guy needs more reps to get it done? Remember Rodgers first game with Boykin? They were horrid. But, a week later after the two worked on timing, Boykin had a great game.

And, it would have been nice for Wallace to not be running for his life all game. Once Lang went out, the dam broke it seemed. Maybe we should be complaining about Ted not having more depth at OL?
I don't know if I would call them trolls.....it's human nature to be critical at times like these in sports....I blame it on being spoiled in a way. We have an elite QB and we have been lucky as far as him being healthy. The way the NFL is structured, the backup doesn't get a lot of reps. Maybe that needs to change, even if he can get a dozen or more snaps a day in practice might help. I don't know......but Wallace was like a deer in the headlights out there. Hopefully with a full week of practice, he will improve.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seneca Wallace may not be Aaron Rodgers but neither is Flynn, a 90-year-old Favre, Vince Young or anyone else out there. If there were any starting caliber QBs out there they would be would be doing just that.
So until Rodgers comes back, I'm a big time Wallace fan.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers isnt out too long.

Does anyone know what the timetable for an injury like this to return?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't know if I would call them trolls.....it's human nature to be critical at times like these in sports....I blame it on being spoiled in a way. We have an elite QB and we have been lucky as far as him being healthy. The way the NFL is structured, the backup doesn't get a lot of reps. Maybe that needs to change, even if he can get a dozen or more snaps a day in practice might help. I don't know......but Wallace was like a deer in the headlights out there. Hopefully with a full week of practice, he will improve.

Agreed with everything you say in this post. "Troll" doesn't really fit in these cases. How about: "Know-it-alls", or "Whiners" or "Malcontent"... idk.

But, you are correct in that it's human nature that when things are going badly-- we tend to drink lots of beer and complain loudly. But, when things are going well... we just drink lots of beer.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Did Braatz sign Senecca Wallace off the street during his tenure to be his primary back? No? OK goodbye on that topic!
So based upon one position and a backup position at that – backup QB – you prefer a “GM” whose teams won less than 37% to one whose teams have won more than 60%. Beyond that, many knowledgeable Packers fans refer to the period after Lombardi and before Wolf as the "Dark Ages". You post you are hoping for a return to those days. Smart.
Cobb, I was posing a question based on knowledge I admittedly (In my earlier post) didn't have! And it STILL is a better idea than Senecca Wallace! Goodbye on that topic too!
He is ineligible to play until mid-December. Do you know what today’s date is? Do you know what “ineligible” means? If you were in charge no one would line up at QB. Smarter.
And yes we won A playoff game this year, but we beat Christian Steele and the Vikings! Then the following week against a quality and again Superbowl team (A probably we've had since winning in 2010) we got lost, and it wasn't even a close game after the 1st quarter! Are we done here yet? Good!
Yes, I too was disappointed the Packers didn’t advance in the playoffs beyond the Vikings game last season. But I wasn’t the one who posted the Packers haven’t won a playoff game since 2010; that was you. I know by your previous posts you have trouble distinguishing between facts and opinions so I was just pointing out another fact you missed.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed with everything you say in this post. "Troll" doesn't really fit in these cases. How about: "Know-it-alls", or "Whiners" or "Malcontent"... idk.

But, you are correct in that it's human nature that when things are going badly-- we tend to drink lots of beer and complain loudly. But, when things are going well... we just drink lots of beer.
yes....beer good.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the way the world goes most of the time.
Do one thing wrong and you'll hear it from everybody.
Do one thing right, and you'll hear nothing.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I have been called a troll forever. The two things I've trolled about is the inexcusable replacement of our backup QB 6 days before opening day, and the fact that TT was handed the best Oline in the NFL(arguably), tore it apart and never replaced it, putting the crown jewels of the NFL (BF, AR) at risk. Lang going down shows the paper thinness of the latter, AR going down shows that insanity of the former.

I've trolled about one more thing, that being that MM and TT would be flipping burgers without AR. Now we'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts