Official Rodgers Injury Thread

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Flynn ever shown anything in a Packers offense that he might be able to produce some good stuff?

My sources confirm it is a broken left collar bone and they knew before halftime.
This is why they knew no way would Rodgers play again so he begrudgingly put the street clothes on.... and came out in the 3rd quarter.

If he's out for the season, do we punt on the season?

Can Flynn get this team to a Super Bowl? I don't think so. Need to stretch the field as teams will key on Lacy now.

Could the guy I hate, Farve? Think about that.........

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

hanskristoffkarl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't see how cutting Young was a mistake. He sucked.

Describe with a verb how Wallace performed tonight: 'Seneca Wallace........tonight.' My 9 year old son said "he can't pass for more than 9 yards."

Last edited:

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Has Flynn ever shown anything in a Packers offense that he might be able to produce some good stuff?

My sources confirm it is a broken left collar bone and they knew before halftime.
This is why they knew no way would Rodgers play again so he begrudgingly put the street clothes on.... and came out in the 3rd quarter.

When Woodson broke his collarbone, he was in a sling, wincing from the pain. Rodgers, though not enthusiastic about being on the sideline (gee, wonder why), was moving around fine and, like others stated, even jogged back onto the field. Somehow "broken" collarbone doesn't seem to fit.

hanskristoffkarl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Can Flynn get this team to a Super Bowl? I don't think so. Need to stretch the field as teams will key on Lacy now.

Flynn held the Packers' record for yardage in a game (and maybe still does). He played well as a Packer. Has he been given a chance to start 4 straight games with a single team? If AR has to miss more than 2 games and TT/MM stick with Wallace and Tolzien then you know how we won SB XLV "It's better to be lucky than good."

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense but I'm going to wait for official word before going with rumors.
It's ********. When Rodgers came back on the field he gave a thumbs up holding his left hand way above his head. Anyone who has had a broken clavicle knows it hurts like hell to raise the elbow above shoulder level. He also would not have been jogging!

He would have been advised to walk and to keep his arm down, and he would have complied.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Woodson broke his collarbone, he was in a sling, wincing from the pain. Rodgers, though not enthusiastic about being on the sideline (gee, wonder why), was moving around fine and, like others stated, even jogged back onto the field. Somehow "broken" collarbone doesn't seem to fit.

There are two ways to break a collarbone. If the bone is broken toward the body cavity it is a longer and more dangerous injury. If it's broken toward the skin, it is less dangerous and less time missed. This is the type of collarbone break Amendola had while playing for the Rams, and he was out what 3 weeks? Point being, it COULD be broken, but like some of the rest here, I'll wait for confirmation from the team.

SANDMIKE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't clear anything up.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...pdate-packers-qb-reportedly-suffers-fractured

Steve Young talked with Rodgers agent and did not sound optimistic. I saw Jordy's locker room interview and he was not very forthcoming. He asked Aaron how he was doing but wouldn't say how he answered. If it were a collarbone fracture the packers would know that from the xray but there is no guarantee they would immediately make that public. I know when I broke my collarbone they diagnosed it and put it in a sling. He didn't look like someone with a broken collarbone but then again he is probably a wee bit tougher than I am. MRI coming tomorrow so we will likely find out sometime in the late afternoon.

Earlier in the evening this popped up:

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc

Based on video mechanism analysis, @AaronRodgers12 injury definitely to left non throwing shoulder. 3 possibilities: AC, SC or clavicle fx.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ********. When Rodgers came back on the field he gave a thumbs up holding his left hand way above his head. Anyone who has had a broken clavicle knows it hurts like hell to raise the elbow above shoulder level. He also would not have been jogging!

He would have been advised to walk and to keep his arm down, and he would have complied.

Aaron raised his right (Throwing) arm, not the injured arm.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I wrote before, I'll wait for official word.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was running left to right on the screen. I could have sworn he put up the arm closer to the crowd.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love Favre, I see things in his game that make him head and shoulders better than Aaron, and things that Aaron will NEVER be able to compare to, but with that said, I don't want Brett back. He's 3 years out of the league, he's having issues now, plus the issues with Ted and Mike (No matter who caused it). I'd like to see us bring in Flynn for a look just to see what he has. I doubt the offense has changed hugely since he last played for GB, and he showed at that time he could do damage to an opponent.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say we were lucky we lost by only 7 points. Really, I'd take Matt Schaub over Wallace right now. And I really hate that idea but man if we had a competent quarterback that could throw one touchdown we more than likely could've won that game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's anyone else but Air-Run, then no matter who starts as the Packers QB next game, Betty Crocker, Mickey Mouse, Charlie Brown, whoever, whatever, I'm gonna get behind him and have faith.
We gotta get behind our team through any tough times they might have in front of them and cheer them on and hope that they will find a way to win.
At least they hung in there against Chicago. Even though things fell apart, they still managed to lose by just one score.
Let's not forget the exciting moments and let's rally around our team whenever it's The Next Man Up.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
You are truly insane if you would stake the Packers' future in "what we have " in Tolzien. I'm a UW alumnus. Tolzien is not Russell Wilson. Or Randy Wright. Or even Darrell Bevel! Can you pass me what you're smoking?
Whoa buddy, I'm not talking about Tolzien being our future. Just saying, if Rodgers is in fact out for the year and Wallace doesn't improve, it would be prudent to see if Tolzien could potentially be developed into a reliable backup or trade bait.

I'm talking worst case scenario and our season is already doomed.

It's not like there are any QBs available that are a significant upgrade on Wallace. I don't want to sign Flynn. I get he knows our system, but the guy's been beat out by rookies twice now (granted, Russell Wilson is pretty damn good), and he was just released by the Buffalo Bills. He is not the answer.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say we were lucky we lost by only 7 points. Really, I'd take Matt Schaub over Wallace right now. And I really hate that idea but man if we had a competent quarterback that could throw one touchdown we more than likely could've won that game.
The D-Fence fell apart as well.
Without Air-Run, it looks like Da Bears are the better team against us.

SANDMIKE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its interesting that Flynn was cut today. It will be interesting to see if one of our rivals picks him up to deny us from getting him. I'm not an expert on the waiver process but I think it starts with Jax or TB and ends with KC. I have no idea what the tiebreaker is and with Chi and Det tied with us the only team I'm sure will have a shot at him before us is Min. I don't know how expensive of a move it is or whether a claimed player must stay on the 53 man roster for a minimum amount of time. If the injury is more than two games I would be shocked if they don't claim him. The offense probably hasn't changed much and for those who are saying he couldn't beat out rookie QBs so he sucks I would say the same for Seneca. I really don't see the downside to bringing him back.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I would like ANYONE to admit that they would rather start Wallace or Tolzien instead of Vince Young! Or even instead of Graham Harrell! Is anyone out there? Shame on TT (and MM) for letting Young go! This is the sort of game he could have kept us in!

I guess you`re a Young fan then ?

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although, technically, the tackle on Rodgers was within the rules, does anyone else believe it appeared he gave Rodgers a shove just before hitting the ground?

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I really hope they go shopping this week. There needs to be more depth at qb and Wallace does NOT cut it.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just shows you the difference between a QB like Jay Cutler and a QB like Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is so great that the drop off is killing the offense. It would be like if the Broncos lost Peyton Manning. You can't lose an MVP quarterback and still keep things going. Packers need him back next week.

No, Cutler does not even compare to Rodgers, but also, maybe, Cutler shouldn't be the starting quarterback. By performing enough to win on the road against a better team, the Bears showed they have depth at the quarterback position. If we had depth at this position, as much as we would prefer to have Aaron in there, we could have won with a quality backup.

And if our defense performed better as well.

Members online

Latest posts