Official Rodgers Injury Thread

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Jordan wasn't flashy but he was a good ball player in each sport for the falcons/braves and i think cards.

Brandon Weeden sucks at 2 sports.

Todd Helton and Jeff Smardja....however you spell it both could have played in the NFL but did not.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since nobody has posted it yet, the Packers signed Matt Flynn. Welcome back!

Well ... I saw his one start for the Raiders about a month ago and he was awful, absolute dog dung. So, either his elbow problems are completely gone now, or this is just a desperation move because it's convenient. If you're getting beat out in Buffalo, to some cat named Tuel, you know that something ain't right here.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
Well ... I saw his one start for the Raiders about a month ago and he was awful, absolute dog dung. So, either his elbow problems are completely gone now, or this is just a desperation move because it's convenient. If you're getting beat out in Buffalo, to some cat named Tuel, you know that something ain't right here.
He's just a last resort for if Tolzien gets hurt or injured. Don't underestimate a QB that has been in our system for 3 and a half years!

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well hope that Aaron gets better. As it seems the injury was pretty serious enough. Well Flynn could work as he did help them win a couple of games back when he was a Packer. But it is up to the coach to decide to start him or make up his mind to go with Flynn. But for now, it is Tolzein!

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just a last resort for if Tolzien gets hurt or injured. Don't underestimate a QB that has been in our system for 3 and a half years!

I was at the game yesterday and I'm telling you ... I could not get the image of Randy Wright out of my head. It was horrible. Tolzien wears # 16 and the exact same face mask and everything. I swear, I thought Nelson was Walter Stanley and I was looking around for Phillip Epps and Eddie Lee Ivery. Truth be told - Tolzien looked better in 4 quarters than Randy Wright ever looked in 4 years. AND they both went to Wisconsin. I couldn't make all this up if I tried, lol.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed with Tolzien's arm strength. He looks to be quite a bit stronger than when played for the Badgers. His body looks different as well. He's earned a shot, no doubt about it. But lets please not expect the man to win the game for us. If Flynn has to play were in deep doo doo.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn was available for a reason....probably his health. Looking at the next 5 weeks, MAYBE the Vikings......and that's a big maybe.
I could be wrong but....all the others....losses. Season over. I just can't see the Packets over the Lions or Bears at full strength, unless Rodgers comes back Ultra Fast.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Flynn was available for a reason....probably his health. Looking at the next 5 weeks, MAYBE the Vikings......and that's a big maybe.
I could be wrong but....all the others....losses. Season over. I just can't see the Packets over the Lions or Bears at full strength, unless Rodgers comes back Ultra Fast.

Agree.... we cant win a damn game without Arod. I can see us going 5 - 7 or even 5 - 8 and that is to much of a hole to dig out of by the time he gets back. Even then, our best shot would be a 9-7 or 8-8 and in our division and in the NFC, neither of those records would be wild card worthy. Scrap it.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree.... we cant win a damn game without Arod. I can see us going 5 - 7 or even 5 - 8 and that is to much of a hole to dig out of by the time he gets back. Even then, our best shot would be a 9-7 or 8-8 and in our division and in the NFC, neither of those records would be wild card worthy. Scrap it.

I see your theory, but based on what we've seen the past two weeks ... the QB situation is not really why they're losing. They're losing because the defense is sucking balls. Besides, this is not the NBA. You can't roll out a tank job like the Bucks should do, lol.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I see your theory, but based on what we've seen the past two weeks ... the QB situation is not really why they're losing. They're losing because the defense is sucking balls. Besides, this is not the NBA. You can't roll out a tank job like the Bucks should do, lol.

Right, but if rodgers was in there, he makes up the point difference and we win. The defense just appears to be getting "gassed" late in games...guys moving slower, weak looking tackles....and I have no clue why because we OWNED time of possesion and kept our defense plenty rested.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, but if rodgers was in there, he makes up the point difference and we win. The defense just appears to be getting "gassed" late in games...guys moving slower, weak looking tackles....and I have no clue why because we OWNED time of possesion and kept our defense plenty rested.

That is very true - this is an entirely different offense without Rodgers - that goes without saying. But I thought Tolzien played well enough to win this game. His pick in the end zone was really his only true gaffe of the day and his other pick was tipped - those happen. Let's suppose Rodgers played and the game was tied with 9:38 left to go? We still lose because the offense never got the damn ball back!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That is very true - this is an entirely different offense without Rodgers - that goes without saying. But I thought Tolzien played well enough to win this game. His pick in the end zone was really his only true gaffe of the day and his other pick was tipped - those happen. Let's suppose Rodgers played and the game was tied with 9:38 left to go? We still lose because the offense never got the damn ball back!!!

Maybe, just maybe that woulda been true. But I doubt Arod throws the 2 picks which gave them extra possesions and added points. Arod would have picked that defense apart like a turkey dinner at a weight watchers convention. There were so many open guys that never got the ball.......If Arod would have played, it would have easily been 40 - 10 packers

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien, in my opinion showed why he was on the practice squad. The pick at the 1 and another throw which ended up with a decent gain but came within inches of getting batted down or intercepted...were not quality NFL plays. Keep him in, and by the time he improves...it's the offseason. But at least he didn't play scared, like Seneca seemed to be. Versus the Bears, every time we got the ball I had NO confidence in us being able to score. Granted, Seneca didn't play TERRIFIED like Brian Brohm used to...but Seneca is through. I'm not the GM and don't really know what we can do at this point, but THE GM, while one can never predict an injury like Rodgers'....should have at least had a competent back up or two on the roster. Every contender needs that type of insurance against injury to the most importsnt member of the team, the QB.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
Great news!!! Rodgers feels like he can play against the Giants... He won't play (due to the doctor and coaching staff), but this will mean he will be most likely be back for the Vikings the week before the Lions game!!

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=11231&is_corp=1

This feels like this is the best case scenario regarding the significance of the collarbone injury!

Last edited:

CW21NumeroUno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game yesterday and I'm telling you ... I could not get the image of Randy Wright out of my head. It was horrible. Tolzien wears # 16 and the exact same face mask and everything. I swear, I thought Nelson was Walter Stanley and I was looking around for Phillip Epps and Eddie Lee Ivery. Truth be told - Tolzien looked better in 4 quarters than Randy Wright ever looked in 4 years. AND they both went to Wisconsin. I couldn't make all this up if I tried, lol.

I see u moved on from the hell ridden place on the scouts board... :)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers can now put his shirt and pants on, and sleep through the night without pain. This is GREAT news. Also, I saw a picture from practice today that showed him spinning a football on his fingertip. Hopefully he is healed and ready to come back after the Vikings game!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers can now put his shirt and pants on, and sleep through the night without pain. This is GREAT news. Also, I saw a picture from practice today that showed him spinning a football on his fingertip. Hopefully he is healed and ready to come back after the Vikings game!

Very good news indeed. I'd say keep him out till the Lions game. If Pack win these next 2 games we should be looking good. Providing the D shows up. This offense cannot afford to be getting into a shootout and win.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NBA tank jobs don't work due to the lottery. But it worked for the Colts two years ago.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NBA tank jobs don't work due to the lottery. But it worked for the Colts two years ago.

Well, I don't know that the Colts totally tanked. Their defense was truly horrendous that year and Manning made that much of a difference. As for the NBA - you're right - tanking isn't proven, but I'd argue that the best tank job we've seen is when the Spurs totally tanked for Tim Duncan. Four rings later, that worked. As for the Bucks, as a fan of that team for more than 25 years, I can't bring myself to cheer on losses, but for the first time ever, I realize that losing is the best thing for them, in the long run. Play the kids, play Giannis for 30 minutes a night, tank it hard and land in the top three. Herb Kohl sucks. The man is delusional and senile.

Members online

Latest posts